• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Next Move

Rate this topic

Yeah Enstrom is small but as a "replacement" to Lidstrom we're not looking for a big, physical guy, right? He plays really well positionally and is a good skater and exceptional puckmover. I'd give up Franzen for him in a heartbeat, and I'm a defender of the Mule. I'm sure it would take the addition of atleast a prospect and a pick however. My dream scenario is signing Semin and Doan and trading for 'Toby Orr'. Not that Yandle would be disappointing, but I think Enstrom could be had for less than his actual worth at the moment..

I could support that idea

Read online if wings give weber a lowish offersheet for one year that the preds match it gives him an automatic out to become a ufa. Weber would just have to sign.

I think they should offer Weber the max player salary for 1 year. If nsh matches, they are forced to pay a ton of money and he becomes a ufa next year anyway. If nsh doesn't match, Detroit gets him for a ton of money this year but could give him less in the following years. Even if Weber ends up in nsh for one year, he would be happy with the wings because they are the reason he is making 14mil so he would sign in Detroit the next year anyway.

Sounds like a **** move, but so is hiring the Russian mafia to forge a false diagnosis

Edit: it wouldn't even have to be 14mil. 10 mil would do the trick

The problem is you have to give up 4 first rounders, but it seems like Detroit never ends up with those anyway. Better to get them out of the way in a big deal than to waste them on rental players like quincey

Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest The Axe

Nashville would sign him and the 4 first rounders are bye bye. Next.

Nashville would sign him and the 4 first rounders are bye bye. Next.

If Nashville signs him, Detroit keeps the picks...

And it would only be a 1 year deal and he would become a ufa still the following season. Who cares?

That way you either get him for a ton of money for 1 year (we have enough space anyway) and then sign him for less the next year, OR nsh is forced to overpay and you keep your picks and he becomes a ufa the following season anyway

Edited by wingsfan4795

The best way to get a great defenseman is to have a powerfil offense. If Holland got Semin & Doan this year (amd a couple servicable d Bryan Allen ish....) we could get whomever we want next year. This year will be hampered by nhl / nhlpa issues anyway. It could work.....???? Love the new asst coach!

Once again, don't expect Holland to do much more except enjoy the golf course. Quote from this morning Detroit Press article:

"We’ll do our due diligence and we’ll explore the marketplace, see what is out there,” Holland said. “Like I said, we like our team and we have players who we feel are ready to accept bigger roles.”

Cool, cause standing pat for the last 3 years has done wonders for us. :sneaky2:

Once again, don't expect Holland to do much more except enjoy the golf course. Quote from this morning Detroit Press article:

Cool, cause standing pat for the last 3 years has done wonders for us. :sneaky2:

Well that quote is pretty disappointing sounding... I do like the three guys that he picked up, but that all hinged on landing Suter as well... The fact remains, the Wings NEED a top defender AND a top 6 guy still... just signing Quincey ( bleh ) will not make your D any good and the offense is pretty shallow right now....please don't tell me that just because while he was kicking the tires and two went flat that he is just gonna go with spares instead of get new ones...please Holland, at the very least Doan, Semin & YOU MUST get a defenseman....YOU MUST! This current defense is very weak...don't let the fact that Suter got away take the wind out of your sail...

Plan B is we try to trade for Keith Yandle. He's a good young defenseman, that comes at a great price and is locked up for awhile. He should be able to match Lidstrom's offensive numbers on our team. He needs to be a priority right now.

If we can't swing him, we go for Nash. Let's assume Columbus will trade with us and they want prospects and draft picks. I'm reading people not willing to give up Smith, Tatar, Jurco, etc. Obviously we wouldn't give them all up, but some will have to go in order to swing this deal. I feel like we didn't do enough these past couple years to give Lidstrom a good final run at the Cup. I would hate to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg play through these next few years waiting for these prospects to come up and get experience while Z and D get another year older and probably past their prime. If we can get Nash and not give up all of our prospects, let's do it, Z and D won't be around forever.

The defense is still suspect, but if we're not going to get "our guy" get other guys. Pick up Rosival, Hannan, Eaton, Kubina, etc. Sign them to short deals that are not worth a lot. Plug in some guys that can fill those gaps till the next Suter comes along and we can fill that position with a long term solution.

"We’ll do our due diligence and we’ll explore the marketplace, see what is out there,” Holland said. “Like I said, we like our team and we have players who we feel are ready to accept bigger roles.”

Once again, don't expect Holland to do much more except enjoy the golf course. Quote from this morning Detroit

Well he can't come and and be like "We desperately need to make a trade!". You kinda lose leverage when you talk like that.

That idea is realistic but the idea of our future for nash is not appealing and like u said yandle if there wiling to deal for him nash in my mind might be great for detroit next year or in a couple but right now is over rated now that I've said people all around are going to gun for my head but lok at the facts columbus in the playoffs how many times since he's been there I want the wings to get proven results aka doan and yandle semin I believe would work harder with datsyuk not only because he's a fellow russian or the fact datsyuk is more of a playmaker then sniper\scorer but he's out of ovechkins shadow who in hockey can live up to that except howe an gretzky. If anyone says crosby I will laugh in there face until the day I die he's the lebron james of the nhl a hack that got hyped up for wat his college skills he's nothin wings prospects via ablekator (probably spelt that way wrong.) Have a better cance at being the next howe or even helm if he can get his accuracy to match his speed then game over an everyone will say crosby who. But that's beside the main point holland push for yandle doan and semin everything else is well not worth it. Inever wanted praise or sutter. Doan yandle and semin holland close the deal u got this I have all faith in you and if u get these players I stake my fan hood and my future sons fanhood we will see lord stanley again this year. By the way my son wil be born aug 20 2012

After being left at the alter by Parise and Suter, we RW fans are worried, and we should be. The question becomes what should we do next? From the day I joined this forum I said I didn't expect to get either of parise and Suter, even though I really hoped we would get Suter. To many teams with to much money out there to expect anything in FA. One of the things that hurts the RW is Detroit. Yes the RW are a great organization with legions a great loyal fans. But the city of detroit is a giant dump. Suburbs are nice, but the city itself sucks big time. Way to high of taxes, corruption, crappy schools, crime etc..... Yes most of the pro athletes live in the burbs, but who really wants to spend 2 hours a day driving back and forth? Anyone who does it will tell you it sucks. Less time with your family's. But back to the point. When i joined I start off by saying we need to fix the blueline this year. I expected Lidstrom to retire-he did and Stuart to leave-he did. That has left 2 huge holes that must be filled. We currently only have 6 Dmen on the roster, so we are already short. problem is/was the UFA pool was very shallow. just not many out there. All of which are now signed. That means we have to make a trade. But what pieces do we have to make a trade? Of course to get someone of value we have to give value up. We don't have much to trade. Many are talking about getting Yandle. great! Love to have him. But what do we have to move? If you where the Yotes GM, and are looking to move yandle would you do a dal for Emmerton, Mursak and Abby? hell no. No GM in his right mind are going to trade an AS Dmen for some checking line players. Maybe we through in our 2013 1st round pick? But that pick could very well be a lot higher than many think and hope. As our team sits today, we are a borderline playoff team. if heaven forbid we have any serious injuires to Z, Dat, or Kron, we are screwed. we have no depth to replace them. We could have a top 10 pick next season. So moving that pick may be far more valuable than we think or want.

The last thing to consider is the 2013 UFA class. it is loaded! It is in our best interest to make sure we have lots of money to spend next year. We also will have holes to fill up front. if we still have needs up front this year, go after 1 or 2 older vets that we can sign short term to keep us competitive and allow money to be available next off season. of course, if we can pick up any of those potential 2013 UFA's via trade while their value is lower, do it! getting them on the team greatly increases our chances of resigning them. Other than Hossa, how many big name players that have been here wanted to leave? They want to play here for ever, use that to our advantage.

Thoughts and rant over..... good day!

It really sucks to not have Suter and Parise here, not just because of our current holes, but because we're due to look for new faces to lead our team. Lidstrom already left, Datsyuk is almost officially "old", Zetterberg is right behind him, and despite the high that everyone seems to have of our prospects, we don't have anyone that is capable of leading our team and carrying us after Dats and Z hang them up. Parise and Suter would have bought us at least five more years and provided a smooth transition between eras.

As for this upcoming year, I'm optimistic the Wings can still field a better team than they did last year provided Holland gets the breaks he's looking for. Semin is certainly a question mark due to his work ethic and attitude, but his case certainly wasn't helped from being on a team captained by Ovechkin and coached by Haagendaas. I'm willing to see what he can do in a Red Wings environment, and frankly even with the days off he's still out scoring anyone on our current roster. Acquiring Doan would be a wet dream just for what he can bring in the playoffs. And like most I'm willing to trade a great deal to get Yandle over here.

Edited by Echolalia

Merged.

There's a thread for The Next Move, there's a thread for Chill People, We Have Options, there's a thread for what Holland shouldn't do next. Everybody please take a look at those existing threads before creating a new one to see if it fits in any of those.

We've been letting a lot of them go but are starting to get too many threads that are all basically speculating on what to do now after losing out on Parise and Suter.

I think they should offer Weber the max player salary for 1 year. If nsh matches, they are forced to pay a ton of money and he becomes a ufa next year anyway. If nsh doesn't match, Detroit gets him for a ton of money this year but could give him less in the following years. Even if Weber ends up in nsh for one year, he would be happy with the wings because they are the reason he is making 14mil so he would sign in Detroit the next year anyway.

Sounds like a **** move, but so is hiring the Russian mafia to forge a false diagnosis

Edit: it wouldn't even have to be 14mil. 10 mil would do the trick

The problem is you have to give up 4 first rounders, but it seems like Detroit never ends up with those anyway. Better to get them out of the way in a big deal than to waste them on rental players like quincey

Problem is that if weber doesnt re-sign with us we lose 4 first rounders for a rental. No thanks.

Problem is that if weber doesnt re-sign with us we lose 4 first rounders for a rental. No thanks.

However if u offer sheet in a lower salary bracket u dont give up 4 firsts and instead like 1st 2nd 3rd or whatever and if he signs hes put next year when they match and if they dont match we get weber for next to nothing and a chance to sign him.

However if u offer sheet in a lower salary bracket u dont give up 4 firsts and instead like 1st 2nd 3rd or whatever and if he signs hes put next year when they match and if they dont match we get weber for next to nothing and a chance to sign him.

There's no way they wouldn't match a low contract

I think you trade Franzen, Nyquist, and a 2nd round pick for Yandle.

Phoenix is looking for forward depth because they have a good young Defensive core.

They get a good young player in Nyquist, a proven 30 goal scorer in Franzen, and a pick to keep there salary low as well as keep a good young farm system.

If I were them I would do it. It may be a lot to give up, but young Defensemen are hard to come by.

Sign Semin Or Doan and let players like Brunner come in and see what they can do.

These other trade routes could work but we already have a shift on our roster and I'm concerned we are messing with chemistry.

I'm not exactly sure how I go to this. And, I'm sure it's completely impossible to make happen...but it's the best line-up I could come up with that seemed even the slightest bit plausible.....Also, sorry for the "lines" post.....blueadams is rubbing off on me....

FORWARDS

Alexander Semin ($5.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Evander Kane ($5.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Zach Bogosian ($2.500m)

Kyle Quincey ($4.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,909,167; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,290,833

Guest The Axe

I'm not exactly sure how I go to this. And, I'm sure it's completely impossible to make happen...but it's the best line-up I could come up with that seemed even the slightest bit plausible.....Also, sorry for the "lines" post.....blueadams is rubbing off on me....

FORWARDS

Alexander Semin ($5.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Evander Kane ($5.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Zach Bogosian ($2.500m)

Kyle Quincey ($4.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,909,167; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,290,833

This is a pipe dream. Put something together realistic. Getting Semin is realistic. I've heard a lot about this actually happening. Getting Doan, Kane, Bouwmeester, and Bogosian is UNrealistic. I like the way you're thinking, but put something together that you actually think could happen.

My unrealistic line-up looks like this:

Semin-Datsyuk-Ericsson (that's right. Big E at FORWARD where he belongs)

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Nyquist-Filppula-Tatar

Abdelkader-Helm-Tootoo

Eaves/Miller/Bertuzzi

Yandle-White

Smith-Kronwall

Kindl-Quincey

Howard

Gustavsson

My realistic line-up looks like this:

Semin-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Filppula-Helm

Miller-Abdelkader-Tottoo

Nyquist/Tatar

White-Kronwall

Quincey-Smith

Kindl-Ericsson

Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

This is a pipe dream. Put something together realistic. Getting Semin is realistic. I've heard a lot about this actually happening. Getting Doan, Kane, Bouwmeester, and Bogosian is UNrealistic. I like the way you're thinking, but put something together that you actually think could happen.

My unrealistic line-up looks like this:

Semin-Datsyuk-Ericsson (that's right. Big E at FORWARD where he belongs)

Nyquist-Filppula-Tatar

Abdelkader-Helm-Tootoo

Eaves/Miller/Bertuzzi

Yandle-White

Smith-Kronwall

Kindl-Quincey

Howard

Gustavsson

My realistic line-up looks like this:

Semin-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Filppula-Helm

Miller-Abdelkader-Tottoo

Nyquist/Tatar

White-Kronwall

Quincey-Smith

Kindl-Ericsson

Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

I admit....mine it not very realistic.......just let me dream.....please? I'm just trying my best to be optimistic....and not think back to when we could have acquired Bogosian for Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st (Well, that was the rumor). I haven't lost faith in this offseason quite yet. But, it has been less than my high expectations expected.

I would personally be pretty happy with signing Semin and would love for Doan to become available. I think trading for Yandle is something that should be held in strong consideration and would like to see an opening night roster that looked something like this:

Semin / Datsyuk / Bertuzzi

Doan / Zetterberg / Filppula

Samuelsson / Helm / Cleary

Eaves / Abdelkader / Tootoo

Nyquist / Miller

Kronwall / White

Yandle / Quincey

Ericsson / Smith

?

The implication here being that Franzen, Kindl, Tatar and a pick go for Yandle; though I still think that bottom pairing isnt quite sufficient. That said, I'm not wild about any of the FA options at defense and wouldn't want to trade more than mid-level prospects for any other available defenseman.

Edited by Travis