• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Next Move

Rate this topic

We'll know something monday for sure....one of three things.... 1. Doan re-signs in Phoenix....2. He Signs here.... 3. Holland low balls again (for lack of better term) and Doan goes to Pittsburgh...

If Holland does not get Doan then this is the team you will have come october...adding Q and Abby as well....

GD! Everytime I think about it, I am still STEAMING MAD about Suter choosing the Wild over the Wings... It was down to Detroit/Wild and he chose them....f***! This is finally sinking in so much that I am boiling!

WTF is going on here? Not even a thought from Schultz, barely a thought from Parise and a late decision from Suter breaking the hearts of millions of Wings fans around the world... I dunno, maybe the last 4 days of 100 degree weather has boiled my brain ( I do work outside and it has sucked! Tonight feels wonderful) anyway, I am just so mad...and feel cheated and double crossed and stabbed in the back and given the cold shoulder... f***!!!!

Sorry...but who says no to Detroit? This sucks....

Edited by LeftWinger

Why is everyone ok with letting Filppula go? Hes one of our best guys.

That doesn't mean much. Not long ago he would have centered the 3rd or 4th line. That is the result of parody & Holland sitting on his hands for three years.

GD! Everytime I think about it, I am still STEAMING MAD about Suter choosing the Wild over the Wings... It was down to Detroit/Wild and he chose them....f***! This is finally sinking in so much that I am boiling!

WTF is going on here? Not even a thought from Schultz, barely a thought from Parise and a late decision from Suter breaking the hearts of millions of Wings fans around the world... I dunno, maybe the last 4 days of 100 degree weather has boiled my brain ( I do work outside and it has sucked! Tonight feels wonderful) anyway, I am just so mad...and feel cheated and double crossed and stabbed in the back and given the cold shoulder... f***!!!!

The Parise and Suter signing was so specifically situated our only hope was Parise staying in Jersey...The question -but who says no to Detroit- is probably exactly why some people would say NO to Detroit...

Guest The Axe

Yah. I think Fil, Hank, and Dats need to stay put still. Cleary and Franzen are expendable.

Guest Crymson

That doesn't mean much. Not long ago he would have centered the 3rd or 4th line. That is the result of parody & Holland sitting on his hands for three years.

He's a 60+-point player who skates well, can play a two-way game, and is still evolving. If you can find a player of that sort who centers the 3rd or 4th line on any team in the league, then please do list his name here. But you won't, because no such player exists, and you're exaggerating because you want somebody to blame.

Suter and Parise wanted to play together, so they went to Minnesota. Schultz wanted to play in Canada, so he signed with Edmonton.

Quote of the day by Holland, brought to you by DFP:

"I'm disappointed," Holland said, "but there's free agents in 2013, 2014, 2015."

So, essentially, stand pat and pray guys sign with us in upcoming FAs. Your All-Star GM, ladies and gentlemen!

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest The Axe

If the Wings dont get Semin, Holland should be out of a job. All agreed?

Guest Crymson

Flip will most likely go back to his usual 40 to 45 pts per season

That statement is consummately arbitrary and without any logical basis.

Quote of the day by Holland, brought to you by DFP:

So, essentially, stand pat and pray guys sign with us in upcoming FAs. Your All-Star GM, ladies and gentlemen!

^^^Out-of-context quote of the day, brought to you by ShanahanMan. Holland was referring to big-name free agents; Parise and Suter were the only two free agents in that particular category who were available in this offseason. For those who would like to take into account the context of the quote rather than simply resorting to hysteria, the link is here.

Edited by Crymson

Guest The Axe

Agreed, crymson. Flip has produced when given the opportunity. Dont know why anyone is expecting 1st line center point production from the third line center.

Guest Crymson

Agreed, crymson. Flip has produced when given the opportunity. Dont know why anyone is expecting 1st line center point production from the third line center.

Third-line centers do not produce 60+ points in the CBA era.

Guest Crymson

:lol: Translation: It's an opinion.

esteef

That doesn't make a lick of sense, pal.

If the Wings dont get Semin, Holland should be out of a job. All agreed?

I like semin's ability but his attitude and off ice behaviors have me nervous about committing any serious money to him. One pain in the ass can change the dynamic of the whole locker room. Since he hasn't been signed yet I'm guessing this is a major concern for teams and there is some truth to the rumors.

Guest The Axe

Dats and Z know how the Wings roll. They can keep Semin under control.

Maybe, but you gotta wonder about a guy with his ability making it this far into free agency. Definitely not a good sign. I personally think the best best thing he could do is sign a I-2yr deal come to Detroit and play his ass off. You gotta think he could put up some huge numbers with dats. Then get that fat contract he wants. He is going to have to prove he is not a cancer if he wants to make the big bucks.

Gonna throw an under the radar name out there: Alexandre Picard... Defense 6'3" 215lbs. He isn't your star studded defender, but he seems like a big stay at home guy who just goes about his business he is still young at 26, has 253 NHL games experience...could be a guy to come in to round out the bottom pairing if Holland sticks with Q's awarded contract and cannot land a big name via trade...

he is a UFA and only made $600,000 last season in Pitt. Any thoughts?

I would still like to see Mueller signed here...24 years old, loads of potential, and with his health could be had for pretty cheap. That is a win/win situation all around...also Daniel Winnik is a solid winger that is a stay at home player that would add some dimension to this club... I like both of these guys more than Mursak or Emmerton...they'd cost more though...but these are just two examples proving that there are plan c's out there that would help our team...

We got the cap room. Something will get done.

On a random note though.... I totally just met the Justin Chancellor the bass player from Tool.

I was riding my bike in Kincaid park. Ran into him at a rest area. He said they just finished the new Album and are mixing it right now to CD. I also ran into a huge Moose.

I know that the overwhelming consensus would be completely against this. But, does anyone think that maybe blowing up the team would be the best move? I'm not even sold on the idea my own self...but it's just something to discuss while we wait and see if anything happens to improve our team.

Maybe doing what Philly did could help us, especially in the long run. Trading Zetterberg and/or Datsyuk for very high end younger players with superstar potential before they both decline to the point of having no value..... We could maybe fetch players like Oliver Ekman-Larson (who I believe will be the best defenseman in the league for a long time), Brayden Schenn, Evander Kane, Erik Gudbranson, Alex Burmistrov, Patrik Berglund, Bobby Ryan...ect...

Trust me, my heart would shatter trading away either of them, regardless of the return. But, sometimes things like that can end up being a huge blessing is disguise....Any thoughts? Please don't kill me for bringing up the idea of it :tomato: