• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Next Move

Rate this topic

I actually wouldnt mind getting Bouwmeester out of Calgary as long as it didnt cost us that much.

I think that J-Bo could find his game here much like Campbell did in Florida. I realize that he is over payed but it is only short term (2 more years) and we are in a financial spot that we could eat that cap hit and still add other players.

Sheesh....I dunno about Nyquist for Bouwmeester.... I am sure Nyquist is on everyones trade list...I think Tatar is just as ready as Nyquist for the NHL, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a package, but Nyquist......on the fence...

Is Bouwmeester worth Nyquist? If so, I'd include Hudler's old buddy Cleary in that package...looking at Capgeek, damn thats an awful large salary of Bouwmeester's....I'd rather go for Yandle all out if I am including Nyquist...

Our top-6 is crap.

You must mean our 6 D-men, cause other wise I'm calling Bologna. We have a lot of scoring depth now and a lot of guys who will be fighting for top-6 positions. Now take a look at our defense....

You must mean our 6 D-men, cause other wise I'm calling Bologna. We have a lot of scoring depth now and a lot of guys who will be fighting for bottom-6 positions. Now take a look at our defense....

fixed.

Not sure if your commenting on the caliber of our top-6 or that we have a plethora of bottom-6ers????

haha, yeah maybe should have been more clear.

Was trying to say none of our scoring depth have yet proved themselves to be top 6 material. Atm, I think we can only shoot for bottom 6 and go from there.

haha, yeah maybe should have been more clear.

Was trying to say none of our scoring depth have yet proved themselves to be top 6 material. Atm, I think we can only shoot for bottom 6 and go from there.

We have four legit top-6ers (Dats, Z, Mule, Fil)

Then we have 5 other players who will be fighting for the last 2 spots in the top-6 (Sammy, Bert, Cleary, Brunner, Gus), forcing those guys to step up and fight for ice-time is a very good situation for our team. May the best man win.

And those who don't earn one of those spots will make up our 3rd scoring line....something we haven't really had recently. Not worried about our forwards at all right now.

Edited by number9

I actually wouldnt mind getting Bouwmeester out of Calgary as long as it didnt cost us that much.

I think that J-Bo could find his game here much like Campbell did in Florida. I realize that he is over payed but it is only short term (2 more years) and we are in a financial spot that we could eat that cap hit and still add other players.

campbell was overpayed but lets not kid ourselves he's way better than bouwmeester

What about Bogosian? I'd trade some yoot's for him...

I think this would honestly be our best "realistic" option. Does anyone remember the rumor at the trade deadline two years ago? Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st for Bogosian. Supposedly Holland turned it down, stupid. He's a big right handed defenseman with the potential to be a top 15 defender in the league.

We have four legit top-6ers (Dats, Z, Mule, Fil)

Then we have 5 other players who will be fighting for the last 2 spots in the top-6 (Sammy, Bert, Cleary, Brunner, Gus), forcing those guys to step up and fight for ice-time is a very good situation for our team. May the best man win.

And those who don't earn one of those spots will make up our 3rd scoring line....something we haven't really had recently. Not worried about our forwards at all right now.

Sorry, just don't agree with you. I agree with who you consider our definite top 6 guys, but I just don't feel Bert, Sammy, Cleary or Gus are potential top 6 guys. Brunner maybe, but come on, you can't bank on it as he's never stepped foot in the NHL.

And also, as I've been saying voer and over, I think it's very concerning that 3 of our 4 legit top 6 guys are approaching mid 30's.

Edited by ShanahanMan