• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Next Move

Rate this topic

He's not gonna sit...this just pushes Miller/Eaves/Mursak/Emmerton further down the list....I really like Miller and Eaves....just don't know whats gonna shake down come training camp! I can deal without Emmy or Mursak, but right now even without those two, there are still too many forwards, with Abby and the possibility of Doan or Semin...I guess it's good to have depth in but how many of these guys will make it through waivers?

I think a trade is coming, but it just may be picks coming back to Holland...

Guest The Axe

Holland is too dumb to be involved in a trade. I bet we just go into camp with 33 forwards.

Edited by The Axe

Guest Crymson

Holland is too dumb to be involved in a trade. I bet we just go into camp with 33 forwards.

Yep, Holland hasn't made any trades during his 14 years as GM.

Fire Holland? Wow! Didnt realize there was such a large contingent from the crack smoking psych ward on LGW. Bunch of spoiled folks after 20+ yrs of success. What other teams can point to that success? The landscape is constantly changing and the organization including Holland have done a fantastic job over the yrs. Have faith. Time for youngsters to step up.

He's not gonna sit...this just pushes Miller/Eaves/Mursak/Emmerton further down the list....I really like Miller and Eaves....just don't know whats gonna shake down come training camp! I can deal without Emmy or Mursak, but right now even without those two, there are still too many forwards, with Abby and the possibility of Doan or Semin...I guess it's good to have depth in but how many of these guys will make it through waivers?

I think a trade is coming, but it just may be picks coming back to Holland...

Guest The Axe

Our youngsters cant step up. Holland the Idiotic has a huge BONER for old crappy used to be's. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Tootoo at 7 mil per instead of Murczak, Nyquist, and Tatar at 2.5 mil per. Gee, i wonder why we cant outbid Minnesota for Parise and Suter and re-energize the team? Oh yah, because our GM is too busy being an idiot.

Our youngsters cant step up. Holland the Idiotic has a huge BONER for old crappy used to be's. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Tootoo at 7 mil per instead of Murczak, Nyquist, and Tatar at 2.5 mil per. Gee, i wonder why we cant outbid Minnesota for Parise and Suter and re-energize the team? Oh yah, because our GM is too busy being an idiot.

Tootoo's old? He's 29. Tootoo's a has been? Scored 30 points last year. More than many of our bottom 6ers.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Jarnkrok

Pulkkinen-Filppula-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar

Mursak-Emmerton-Brunner

Hand us the Cup. Wouldn't want any veterans with experience that know how to win.

Guest The Axe

Like Tootoo and all his cup wins? Bertuzzi really brings a lot of cup winning tradition in too. Ha! Ya had me and then you lost me. Good point though, Bx4. I hear what you are saying.

Like Tootoo and all his cup wins? Bertuzzi really brings a lot of cup winning tradition in too. Ha! Ya had me and then you lost me. Good point though, Bx4. I hear what you are saying.

You conveniently didn't mention Samuelsson.

Believe me, I was pissed off as hell when it was announced Bertuzzi signed for 2 more years. I would've been fine with one. I'm pissed that Samuelsson of all people gets a full NTC in his contract. However, I don't feel throwing in all of our prospects from GR will help anything.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

It's honestly painful reading the crap you use to formulate posts. You exaggerate way too much.

On to the topic:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Nyquist start the year back in GR. He still has options and Holland hates to lose other players when there are options. I think Brunner gets his shot first but we may see some movement back and forth to GR for him as well. My guess for the start of the season would be:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Samuelsson

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner

Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary

Eaves - Abdelkader - Tootoo

Miller, Mursak

If Doan gets signed he'd replace Samuelsson on the Datsyuk line. Samuelsson would shove down to the 4rd line and push Bertuzzi to the fourth line with Eaes sitting. Mursak would probably be gone.

It's just the lack of top 6 depth. On a serious note, lets say the re-sign Abby, who then is on the outs? This worries me a bit. It'll be be a fight in training camp...you have to believe that Brunner will be on the roster along with Nyquist...Miller has given so much to this team and Eaves was playing awesome hockey when he got hurt...Add Doan to this mix and it just gets more crowded...

Sheesh! What a log jam!

Gustav Nyquist / Pavel Datsyuk / Johan Franzen

Valtteri Filppula / Henrik Zetterberg / Mikael Samuelsson

Todd Bertuzzi / Darren Helm / Damien Brunner

Danny Cleary / Justin Abdelkader / Jordin Tootoo

Jan Mursak / Patrick Eaves / Drew Miller

Cory Emmerton

maybe Holland's stockpiling forwards cause we have the annual injury parade half way through the season :nhl_crach:

Guest Hatethedrake!

maybe Holland's stockpiling forwards cause we have the annual injury parade half way through the season :nhl_crach:

Perhaps the plan is to convert 2 of them into dmen. Ericsson, Dandenault, Fedorov. We need to bring Bowman back in order for Holland to succeed apparently. Some posters believe Holland is a mind numbing dolt who can't even figure out how to use the computer in his office without Bowman's help.

I think acquiring one of Nash/Ryan/Doan would seriously help us in getting Weber next year. Since Suter has chosen family over winning, Holland's eyes lit up to Weber (who is the superior of the two anyhow) and maybe that is why Holland went to $90M and that was it....Weber worth far more, and will get far more! Let's hope he isn't looking for a threesome with Mary-kate and Ashley up in loser-ville...I would think at least Weber would want to win a Cup before he retires...Right now, Ken Holland needs to put himself in the best position to acquire Shea Weber next off season, and if that entails head down, ass up, so be it, he better start bending over! Seriously though, if the Wings go a season and happen to miss the playoffs, it would be almost impossible to attract Weber here... Holland needs to make the Wings more attractive to want to come to...Doan would help, ditching a lazy Franzine and gettting Nash or Ryan would too, tremendously!

If Detroit ends up with Weber, none of this off seasons shananagens won't even matter...maybe he wanted Weber more all along...Lets hope he can reel him in, somehow, someway...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kenny's next plan is to sign Weber, Getzlaf and Perry next summer. Fly to their homes with Mr I and Chelly only to be snubbed as they all sign with the Penguins.

Kenny's next plan is to sign Weber, Getzlaf and Perry next summer. Fly to their homes with Mr I and Chelly only to be snubbed as they all sign with the Penguins.

No way. If they were to snub us it would be for a team with an actual future like Minnesota. Not really interested in Weber anyway, I'd rather have a guy who knows not to shoot on the breakaway like Kindl...... WRECK SHOP

Guest The Axe

If we trade Mursak, Tatar, Nyquist, and 2 1st rounders for Ryan (5 mil), sign Semin (5 mil), sign Doan (4 mil), and Sign Morrow (4 mil), would anybody be disappointed? I think that would kick some arse.

Money had nothing to do with Suter and Parise signing with Minnesota over the Wings. If the Wings played in Minnesota or if Suter and Parise's Wives were from Michigan, they'd be Red Wings today.

The only way Nyquist, Mursak or Tatar should be on the roster is if they can out-perform the "old crappy used to be's" to earn their spot. I'm betting at best only 1 of them is good enough to do so at this point in their career possibly 2.

Preds fan coming in peace

I think Detroit will be just fine. Holland will make the right move when the time is right. No need to spend just to spend or trade just to trade. He did his diligence with suter and Parise, but they made a decision to go elsewhere. A couple of dumb moves right now before a new CbA is announced could severely hinder a franchise moving forward. No need to take such risks when you have a solid team at this moment in time, and yes IMO, the wings are solid

I think Detroit will be just fine. Holland will make the right move when the time is right. No need to spend just to spend or trade just to trade. He did his diligence with suter and Parise, but they made a decision to go elsewhere. A couple of dumb moves right now before a new CbA is announced could severely hinder a franchise moving forward. No need to take such risks when you have a solid team at this moment in time, and yes IMO, the wings are solid

Jeez, one of the most sane posts I've read all week came from a divisional rival. Thank you, your wisdom eludes some of us...

if only some of our own on this board were this salient... :clap:

This post has been approved by Bring Back The Bruise Bros :thumbup:

Oh look, someone who knows nothing about our team declaring we're all good. And the Holland poodles are doing flips. What joy!

esteef

C'mon, Esteef. I'm willing to wait a little longer. I don't think Holland's gonna stand pat with this team. And I'm not even a Holland poodle.

Oh look, someone who knows nothing about our team declaring we're all good. And the Holland poodles are doing flips. What joy!

esteef

do u disagree with his point? or r u just going to bash him and the rest of us with no constructive input?