• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#201 MrBest7

MrBest7

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Fire Ken Holland. This offseason had to be big for Detroit. Shultz, Parise, and Suterwould have vaulted Detroit to the top again. Instead - total strikeout AND overpay/extend for complete CRAP. Holland - you suck.

Suter and Parise are not worth $15 million per year. In the long run we will be a much better off... especially if we sign Shea Weber to a large contract. Then you will love Kenny Holland again.

#202 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Reallyf****** annoying not knowing what our management's next move is tbh. Nothing really happening that we know about and it's frustrating.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 07 July 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#203 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

We'll know something monday for sure....one of three things.... 1. Doan re-signs in Phoenix....2. He Signs here.... 3. Holland low balls again (for lack of better term) and Doan goes to Pittsburgh...

If Holland does not get Doan then this is the team you will have come october...adding Q and Abby as well....

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.50 PPG

#204 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Enjoy your golfing Kenny.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#205 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

GD! Everytime I think about it, I am still STEAMING MAD about Suter choosing the Wild over the Wings... It was down to Detroit/Wild and he chose them....f***! This is finally sinking in so much that I am boiling!

WTF is going on here? Not even a thought from Schultz, barely a thought from Parise and a late decision from Suter breaking the hearts of millions of Wings fans around the world... I dunno, maybe the last 4 days of 100 degree weather has boiled my brain ( I do work outside and it has sucked! Tonight feels wonderful) anyway, I am just so mad...and feel cheated and double crossed and stabbed in the back and given the cold shoulder... f***!!!!

Sorry...but who says no to Detroit? This sucks....

Edited by LeftWinger, 07 July 2012 - 09:40 PM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.50 PPG

#206 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Why is everyone ok with letting Filppula go? Hes one of our best guys.

#207 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Why is everyone ok with letting Filppula go? Hes one of our best guys.

That doesn't mean much. Not long ago he would have centered the 3rd or 4th line. That is the result of parody & Holland sitting on his hands for three years.

#208 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

GD! Everytime I think about it, I am still STEAMING MAD about Suter choosing the Wild over the Wings... It was down to Detroit/Wild and he chose them....f***! This is finally sinking in so much that I am boiling!

WTF is going on here? Not even a thought from Schultz, barely a thought from Parise and a late decision from Suter breaking the hearts of millions of Wings fans around the world... I dunno, maybe the last 4 days of 100 degree weather has boiled my brain ( I do work outside and it has sucked! Tonight feels wonderful) anyway, I am just so mad...and feel cheated and double crossed and stabbed in the back and given the cold shoulder... f***!!!!

The Parise and Suter signing was so specifically situated our only hope was Parise staying in Jersey...The question -but who says no to Detroit- is probably exactly why some people would say NO to Detroit...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#209 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Yah. I think Fil, Hank, and Dats need to stay put still. Cleary and Franzen are expendable.

#210 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

That doesn't mean much. Not long ago he would have centered the 3rd or 4th line. That is the result of parody & Holland sitting on his hands for three years.

He's a 60+-point player who skates well, can play a two-way game, and is still evolving. If you can find a player of that sort who centers the 3rd or 4th line on any team in the league, then please do list his name here. But you won't, because no such player exists, and you're exaggerating because you want somebody to blame.

Suter and Parise wanted to play together, so they went to Minnesota. Schultz wanted to play in Canada, so he signed with Edmonton.

#211 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

Quote of the day by Holland, brought to you by DFP:

"I'm disappointed," Holland said, "but there's free agents in 2013, 2014, 2015."

So, essentially, stand pat and pray guys sign with us in upcoming FAs. Your All-Star GM, ladies and gentlemen!

Edited by ShanahanMan, 08 July 2012 - 04:41 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#212 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

He's a 60+-point player who skates well, can play a two-way game, and is still evolving. If you can find a player of that sort who centers the 3rd or 4th line on any team in the league, then please do list his name here. But you won't, because no such player exists, and you're exaggerating because you want somebody to blame.

Flip will most likely go back to his usual 40 to 45 pts per season; if Holland plans on using him as trade bait - now's the best time to do so since it's unlikey he'll repeat this past season.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#213 spydrwebb

spydrwebb

Hockeytown West

• Gold Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Patience is a virtue. DRW brass are not just sitting idle. We'll know soon enough.
IPB Image

*live, love, learn... leave a legend*

#214 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

If the Wings dont get Semin, Holland should be out of a job. All agreed?

#215 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Flip will most likely go back to his usual 40 to 45 pts per season

That statement is consummately arbitrary and without any logical basis.

Quote of the day by Holland, brought to you by DFP:

So, essentially, stand pat and pray guys sign with us in upcoming FAs. Your All-Star GM, ladies and gentlemen!

^^^Out-of-context quote of the day, brought to you by ShanahanMan. Holland was referring to big-name free agents; Parise and Suter were the only two free agents in that particular category who were available in this offseason. For those who would like to take into account the context of the quote rather than simply resorting to hysteria, the link is here.

Edited by Crymson, 08 July 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#216 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Agreed, crymson. Flip has produced when given the opportunity. Dont know why anyone is expecting 1st line center point production from the third line center.

#217 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Agreed, crymson. Flip has produced when given the opportunity. Dont know why anyone is expecting 1st line center point production from the third line center.

Third-line centers do not produce 60+ points in the CBA era.

#218 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

In any era, for that matter.

#219 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

That statement is consummately arbitrary and without any logical basis.

:lol: Translation: It's an opinion.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#220 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

:lol: Translation: It's an opinion.

esteef

That doesn't make a lick of sense, pal.