• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#281 ZigZagYourTorso

ZigZagYourTorso

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

What about Bogosian? I'd trade some yoot's for him...

I think this would honestly be our best "realistic" option. Does anyone remember the rumor at the trade deadline two years ago? Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st for Bogosian. Supposedly Holland turned it down, stupid. He's a big right handed defenseman with the potential to be a top 15 defender in the league.
The cake is a lie...

#282 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

We have four legit top-6ers (Dats, Z, Mule, Fil)
Then we have 5 other players who will be fighting for the last 2 spots in the top-6 (Sammy, Bert, Cleary, Brunner, Gus), forcing those guys to step up and fight for ice-time is a very good situation for our team. May the best man win.

And those who don't earn one of those spots will make up our 3rd scoring line....something we haven't really had recently. Not worried about our forwards at all right now.

Sorry, just don't agree with you. I agree with who you consider our definite top 6 guys, but I just don't feel Bert, Sammy, Cleary or Gus are potential top 6 guys. Brunner maybe, but come on, you can't bank on it as he's never stepped foot in the NHL.

And also, as I've been saying voer and over, I think it's very concerning that 3 of our 4 legit top 6 guys are approaching mid 30's.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 09 July 2012 - 08:46 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#283 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Sheesh....I dunno about Nyquist for Bouwmeester.... I am sure Nyquist is on everyones trade list...I think Tatar is just as ready as Nyquist for the NHL, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a package, but Nyquist......on the fence...

Is Bouwmeester worth Nyquist? If so, I'd include Hudler's old buddy Cleary in that package...looking at Capgeek, damn thats an awful large salary of Bouwmeester's....I'd rather go for Yandle all out if I am including Nyquist...

no way in hell Nyquist goes to Calgary in a trade for Bouwmeester, who has sucked for the past 3 years. Nyquist at this point has way more value and doesn't have a ridiculous contract where he's overpaid by 3-4 mil.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#284 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Number9, what is a "plethora"?

Ha ha ha ha

Do you need a dictionary?

I'm a little worried about you. It's really not that confusing or humorous.... We have too many bottom-6 players, not 1 or 2 extra guys, but 4 extra guys. Simple....

#285 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Sorry, just don't agree with you. I agree with who you consider our definite top 6 guys, but I just don't feel Bert, Sammy, Cleary or Gus are potential top 6 guys. Brunner maybe, but come on, you can't bank on it as he's never stepped foot in the NHL.

And also, as I've been saying voer and over, I think it's very concerning that 3 of our 4 legit top 6 guys are approaching mid 30's.

Not banking on Brunner at all, he could be a total bust. But Ken and Babs seem to think he's top-6 capable so I put him in contention.

Say your right, our 2nd line is weaker than it should be....Well our 3rd line is also a lot stronger than it usually is. That kind of depth is ok with me.

We can't trade away those mid 30's guys though and trading away Fil for Nash or Ryan aint gonna fix anything age wise.

#286 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

At this Point I just want Holland to get a #3 D-man, and hope that Ericsson and Kindl both take steps forward, because of they do the team would have 6 second pairing D-men, and hopefully with Fil, Dats, and Z all being amazing 2 ways players that it could be enough to be defensively sound (not elite, but sound).

Not banking on Brunner at all, he could be a total bust. But Ken and Babs seem to think he's top-6 capable so I put him in contention.

Say your right, our 2nd line is weaker than it should be....Well our 3rd line is also a lot stronger than it usually is. That kind of depth is ok with me.

We can't trade away those mid 30's guys though and trading away Fil for Nash or Ryan aint gonna fix anything age wise.

Real quick, 2 seasons ago Babs said that he expected 70 points out of Hudler. Just saying.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#287 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=8143347
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#288 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

make a trade for the best dmen you can aquire, then try to sign doan, if not make a trade for another top six winger -we have picks, good prospects and roster players. We have too many small prospects move some of them.

#289 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Agree for the most part, which is why our ONLY option is to sign a potential 40 goal scorer in Semin.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#290 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

There will be no trades for a forward this offseason, Holland isn't that stupid. Especially these high profile players where you're pretty much guaranteed to get screwed over. With the FA pool being so bad this year we acquired enough forwards that we can use them to trade for something we don't have enough of, defensemen. Are you people really that short sighted that when you hear a high profile player is on the trading block you don't even take into consideration the shape our team is in right now. We've upgraded our forwards already, now we have to trade for defence. Signing Doan or Semin is all you can ask for in forward department.

#291 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

There will be no trades for a forward this offseason, Holland isn't that stupid. Especially these high profile players where you're pretty much guaranteed to get screwed over. With the FA pool being so bad this year we acquired enough forwards that we can use them to trade for something we don't have enough of, defensemen. Are you people really that short sighted that when you hear a high profile player is on the trading block you don't even take into consideration the shape our team is in right now. We've upgraded our forwards already, now we have to trade for defence. Signing Doan or Semin is all you can ask for in forward department.

Well spoken

I don't even think you can expect to sign Doan. There's like a 95% chance he goes back to PHX.

#292 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Semin is a Pen and Doan has seen better days. Next.

#293 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

An article that lays out my feelings to a tee. http://nhl-red-light...ng-a-new-world/

Good read.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 09 July 2012 - 09:55 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#294 danglesnipecelly13

danglesnipecelly13

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Just a thought and he's really nothing that could really help us out in a huge way, but maybe a guy like Tim Gleason could help us out a little bit. Trade him for something small. He's physical and could definitely help out our D. 29 years old though. Not so much an offensive defensemen, but he can get dirty. Remember he took a puck to the face and came back later that game. A guy to maybe fill in a small hole. Don't rip me for a tiny suggestion that you guys might think is idiotic. :b

#295 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Just a thought and he's really nothing that could really help us out in a huge way, but maybe a guy like Tim Gleason could help us out a little bit. Trade him for something small. He's physical and could definitely help out our D. 29 years old though. Not so much an offensive defensemen, but he can get dirty. Remember he took a puck to the face and came back later that game. A guy to maybe fill in a small hole. Don't rip me for a tiny suggestion that you guys might think is idiotic. :b

anyone who'd rip you for that suggestion is a fool based on skill alone, he'd be a great addition here... The only hangup I see, is that he's on the Hurricanes... With the hated between Illitch and Karmanos, I can't see a deal between the Wings and Canes happening, but I like where your head is at...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#296 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

The Canes just re-signed him this past season. If they were planning to trade him, they would have shopped him at the deadline or draft. He also has a NTC. Aside from that, yeah, he's a good player that many of us were hoping to get at the deadline or as a UFA.

#297 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

The Canes just re-signed him this past season. If they were planning to trade him, they would have shopped him at the deadline or draft. He also has a NTC. Aside from that, yeah, he's a good player that many of us were hoping to get at the deadline or as a UFA.

That too, haha

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#298 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=8143347

Ouch on us at the very end.

#299 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

Ouch on us at the very end.

Yeah HUGE void.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#300 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Huge