Photo
- - - - -

The Next Move

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#321 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think acquiring one of Nash/Ryan/Doan would seriously help us in getting Weber next year. Since Suter has chosen family over winning, Holland's eyes lit up to Weber (who is the superior of the two anyhow) and maybe that is why Holland went to $90M and that was it....Weber worth far more, and will get far more! Let's hope he isn't looking for a threesome with Mary-kate and Ashley up in loser-ville...I would think at least Weber would want to win a Cup before he retires...Right now, Ken Holland needs to put himself in the best position to acquire Shea Weber next off season, and if that entails head down, ass up, so be it, he better start bending over! Seriously though, if the Wings go a season and happen to miss the playoffs, it would be almost impossible to attract Weber here... Holland needs to make the Wings more attractive to want to come to...Doan would help, ditching a lazy Franzine and gettting Nash or Ryan would too, tremendously!

If Detroit ends up with Weber, none of this off seasons shananagens won't even matter...maybe he wanted Weber more all along...Lets hope he can reel him in, somehow, someway...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#322 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Kenny's next plan is to sign Weber, Getzlaf and Perry next summer. Fly to their homes with Mr I and Chelly only to be snubbed as they all sign with the Penguins.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#323 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Kenny's next plan is to sign Weber, Getzlaf and Perry next summer. Fly to their homes with Mr I and Chelly only to be snubbed as they all sign with the Penguins.

No way. If they were to snub us it would be for a team with an actual future like Minnesota. Not really interested in Weber anyway, I'd rather have a guy who knows not to shoot on the breakaway like Kindl...... WRECK SHOP

#324 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

If we trade Mursak, Tatar, Nyquist, and 2 1st rounders for Ryan (5 mil), sign Semin (5 mil), sign Doan (4 mil), and Sign Morrow (4 mil), would anybody be disappointed? I think that would kick some arse.

#325 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Our youngsters cant step up. Holland the Idiotic has a huge BONER for old crappy used to be's. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Tootoo at 7 mil per instead of Murczak, Nyquist, and Tatar at 2.5 mil per. Gee, i wonder why we cant outbid Minnesota for Parise and Suter and re-energize the team? Oh yah, because our GM is too busy being an idiot.

Money had nothing to do with Suter and Parise signing with Minnesota over the Wings. If the Wings played in Minnesota or if Suter and Parise's Wives were from Michigan, they'd be Red Wings today.

The only way Nyquist, Mursak or Tatar should be on the roster is if they can out-perform the "old crappy used to be's" to earn their spot. I'm betting at best only 1 of them is good enough to do so at this point in their career possibly 2.

#326 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Preds fan coming in peace

I think Detroit will be just fine. Holland will make the right move when the time is right. No need to spend just to spend or trade just to trade. He did his diligence with suter and Parise, but they made a decision to go elsewhere. A couple of dumb moves right now before a new CbA is announced could severely hinder a franchise moving forward. No need to take such risks when you have a solid team at this moment in time, and yes IMO, the wings are solid

#327 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

I think Detroit will be just fine. Holland will make the right move when the time is right. No need to spend just to spend or trade just to trade. He did his diligence with suter and Parise, but they made a decision to go elsewhere. A couple of dumb moves right now before a new CbA is announced could severely hinder a franchise moving forward. No need to take such risks when you have a solid team at this moment in time, and yes IMO, the wings are solid

Jeez, one of the most sane posts I've read all week came from a divisional rival. Thank you, your wisdom eludes some of us...

#328 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

if only some of our own on this board were this salient... :clap:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#329 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

Oh look, someone who knows nothing about our team declaring we're all good. And the Holland poodles are doing flips. What joy!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#330 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

This post has been approved by Bring Back The Bruise Bros :thumbup:

Oh look, someone who knows nothing about our team declaring we're all good. And the Holland poodles are doing flips. What joy!

esteef

C'mon, Esteef. I'm willing to wait a little longer. I don't think Holland's gonna stand pat with this team. And I'm not even a Holland poodle.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#331 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

esteef

do u disagree with his point? or r u just going to bash him and the rest of us with no constructive input?

#332 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

They took my job....
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#333 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

They took my job....

Who?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#334 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

They took my job....

THEY TOOK MEH JERB!

South park reference... I think. :lol:

I'm not in any kind of panic or concern about this team going forward, maybe it's because I have very high hopes for Smith or maybe it's because Flip proved last season that he can be that scoring player we were hoping he would be. This team wins, and I don't think this upcoming season is going to be any different. It may not be the top seed we are used to but I don't think we are doomed to fail either.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#335 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Jeez, one of the most sane posts I've read all week came from a divisional rival. Thank you, your wisdom eludes some of us...

There are some great members here and I truely enjoy this forum. Sure, there is some garbage, like every other team's boards, but best to just skip over. I have all the respect for the wings organization and I find it hard to believe that holland is sitting back plotting the demise of the DRW. I understand it can be difficult being patient as a fan, especially fans that are as passionate as wings fans.

#336 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

Nice to see not all fans of other teams are burning the Wings at the stake right now.

THEY TOOK MEH JERB!

South park reference... I think. :lol:

I'm not in any kind of panic or concern about this team going forward, maybe it's because I have very high hopes for Smith or maybe it's because Flip proved last season that he can be that scoring player we were hoping he would be. This team wins, and I don't think this upcoming season is going to be any different. It may not be the top seed we are used to but I don't think we are doomed to fail either.

I'm one of the guys that strongly believe that Nyquist and Brunner are both gonna top 50 pts too. Until proven otherwise, no one can bash me for saying so. I've seen both play and both are capable to squeeze into the top 6. As far as i'm concerned, the Wings can sign Vandermeer for 1 year and then ride it out til 1 July 2013 and move forward signing guys when a way better UFA crop is available and there's a stable CBA ensuring that there's no post-signing policy surprises.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#337 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Oh yeah! I still have faith in Kenny. He will do something. I just thought that he would have done something sooner.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#338 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

If we trade Mursak, Tatar, Nyquist, and 2 1st rounders for Ryan (5 mil), sign Semin (5 mil), sign Doan (4 mil), and Sign Morrow (4 mil), would anybody be disappointed? I think that would kick some arse.

First off, trading that much for Ryan would be crazy. Second, Semin ain't gonna sign for $5m. Third, Doan ain't gonna sign for $4m. Fourth, Morrow is still under contract for another year.

#339 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Kenny is in a tough spot right now. Other teams know he does not have any leverage. Does gutting your team and future for Nash or Ryan really help you? Or is it better to sign a couple of stop gaps on cheap 1 year deals and see if Nyquist and Smith can develop into top roles? I expect Kronwall to step up some with the greater responsibility and I also expect Flip to assume more as well. I think too often the team relied too heavily on Lidstrom. They no longer have this option. Anyway the more I think about it the more I believe that Kenny can't really do much right now. He can't be selling off assets for quick fixes. He is not going to get franchsie players for scraps. I think Doan would be a solid addition but will be surprised if he leaves Phoenix. Even if he does, he will likely go to a team much closer to Phoenix than Detroit is. I would sign Semin but we don't know what he is asking for. Maybe Kenny is interested but only in a 2 year deal. Perhaps Semin wants a long term deal worth more than what Kenny is willing to pay. There's not many options right now. It's easy for us to sit here and play Fantasy GM. But in reality, trades are hard to make. You have to deal with the cap issues now and years from now. You have to outbid other teams to get the player. You have to make sure you don't surrender too many assets for potential moves down the road. What if injuries come during the season? Do we have guys we can call up to fill the void? Many factors for Kenny to contemplate. These are just a few. I know it sucks right now. Kenny has to be burning up the phone lines trying to improve his team but it has to make sense. Making panic moves is more Philly's style or Calgary's. We just don't operate that way.

Thanks for the kind assessment of our team. It's nice to know there are still decent fans of other teams out there. Despite losing Suter, Radulov and Kostitsyn...I believe the Preds will be fine too. It sucks to lose Suter for no assets. Had to be a kick in the nads to see him sign with the Wild. I know Poile was disappointed. Do you think Weber will re-sign with the Preds long term? I don't get the feeling he will but you being a Preds fan would likely know more than me.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#340 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for the kind assessment of our team. It's nice to know there are still decent fans of other teams out there. Despite losing Suter, Radulov and Kostitsyn...I believe the Preds will be fine too. It sucks to lose Suter for no assets. Had to be a kick in the nads to see him sign with the Wild. I know Poile was disappointed. Do you think Weber will re-sign with the Preds long term? I don't get the feeling he will but you being a Preds fan would likely know more than me.

I honestly believe Shea weber has played his last game in a preds sweater. Poile will put an offer in front of him that makes suter's contract look like pocket change. Contrary to popular belief, money will not be an issue. Weber can sign it or poile will open up the bidding. There is no way poile goes down this road again. The one thing working in nashvilles favor is the uncertainty in regards to the new CbA. If weber wants one of these ridiculous 13 yr contracts, then he needs to sign one with the preds now because I don't see those type of contracts holding up under a new CbA.
As for suter, I wasn't surprised he left but I wish he would have had the balls to be honest with poile from the get go. I don't think suter ever had any intentions on staying and the "family" excuse was a weak way out. Besides all that, suter was skating with one foot out the door every since he made the comments at last years ASG. he was skating away from the play ALOT. He never had his teammates backs. He's not the franchise defenseman a lot of people think he is. Weber, on the other hand, is. I hope I'm wrong and I get to watch him skate out his career in Nashville but I just don't see it. I'll be happy if we can get a team to give us a couple of cups in return for him aka Colorado in the lindros deal when they raked Philly over the coals..i can be optimistic!!