• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Next Move

Rate this topic

If Sammy makes us bigger and stronger, im afraid. He is the biggest floater in the league. Absolute ZERO playoff value. Does anyone honestly believe the team, as it stands now, can get past the first round?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xO_57ZN4Oo

Gee, I thought Samuelsson did a good job driving the net on this first goal, and out muscled Hal Gill on that second one. ZERO playoff value though.

Don't blame Holland one bit for losing out, that's out of his hands. However, now we'll see just how good a GM he really is. With Lidstrom gone and Zetterberg/Datsyuk being 30+, the next 5 years will determine if Holland truly is one of the best GM's or just some guy who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

He's still available..I'd rather Jim Vandermeer, though.

id rather we throw logan pyett on the ice and watch him get a -50 lmao

i guess we can throw in brian lashoff if were desperate at the #6 spot hes gonna turn 22 and sure he"ll make mistakes but hes 6'3 212 pds and did 1 and a half yrs in grand rapids

again ... if were desperate

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Guest The Axe

Manoir, is there any doubt in your mind? Bowman won us the cups. Not Holland.

"We've got all summer now," Holland said. "The market has been combed over pretty good. We'll explore trades. We're happy that we got the guys that we did on July 1 (F Mikael Samuelsson, F Jordin Tootoo, F Damien Brunner, G Jonas Gustavsson)."

Holland added: "Part of this might be that we might have to go with some kids that we think are ready."

Right now I have the feeling that with Holland taking his "step back", he may miss out out on trying to sign Carle, or Carle will want more money than Holland is willing to spend for him after being turned away by Suter.

I don't think he'll trade for Yandle, or Nash for that matter, as both teams are well aware of what we currently have on roster, what we need and how badly we need it, and their prices will be way too high for Holland to pull the trigger on it.

And the last line concerns me where he appears to be.. I'll say "comfortable" going forward with what he have and with those in the minors....

LET'S ALL FREAK OUT AND CUT OUR WRISTS! or....the next move could just be to sign Semin for a year or 2, sign Matt Carle, pitch offers for Nash and Ryan and see what comes of it. As long as the trade package doesn't include Flip, Gus or Smith it's all good. there's always an option. I wanted Parise and Suter as bad as anyone, but it's not the end of the world and the Wild are screwed as soon as Granlund wants his payday. 3 years from now, all they'll have is Suter and Parise.

Carle is an ok player, but he's going to get overpaid for many years which could handcuff the wings in the future.

Holland doesn't have to make a move here, it's much more important to make the right move, then make the wrong move. It might be worth it to just wait it out and explore trades, and finally give a chance to the young kids we've got(Tatar/Nyquist/Smith).

If the Wings don't make a big move this offseason then they have a chance to improve next offseason, if we make a big move and it backfires the Wings are screwed for many years.

I still believe the Wings are a playoff team with their current roster. Don't forget a lot of the struggles last season can be attributed to two rookie coaches, that should be a big improve this year. Our forward situation is better this year, goaltending should be better as Howard is still improving and Gust has more potential than Conk/Mac, but our defense is going to be hurt Smith/Ericsson/Quincy will have to step up huge, and I think they can.

Bowman also signed Robatille Hull and traded for Hasek, o and I suppose he also drafted Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Fischer, Kronwall, Hudler, Filpula.

He probably also acquired everyone that made the 06, and 07 teams decent. Clearly Sammy ya know.

Carle is not the answer. We need.to trade for a top 4 Off defenseman and hope we can add semin/Ryan and Doan. Doan's agent has contacted the Wings several times looking for an offer should he leave the Yotes.

http://mobile.mlive.com/advannarbor/pm_105108/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zH31wca5

Edited by Ozzie30

Parise, in many ways, was a Hossa-like luxury, not a dire need. I realize this team has scoring problems and an upgrade would have been nice, but with Brunner, Nyquist and all the returning guys, it wasn't like there was a Lidstrom-sized hole to fill at forward.

Losing Suter, however, does hurt. But he's gone. I think Brendan Smith is a player. A trade for Ryan would be great, but if Franzen/Filppula can be flipped into a Top 2 defenseman instead, I would love so sign Semin and get D help that way.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Heaten

I'd say the next move would be to sign Semin and trade for a top pairing Dman. Holland couldn't completely kill the team for next year. If we spent like the Wild we couldn't afford to re-up smith and nyquist and fil and howard next season. The wild will have a hard time when their "top" prospects start needing a pay check and they have little room.

Fire Ilitch too since he couldn't land Suter even though he met with him yesterday and couldn't close the deal. This is all Mike Ilitch's fault. Damn Mike Ilitch, he's worthless, he can't even get a guy to sign with the Red Wings... he should have tazed him and put a gun to his head and forced him to sign. Dammit Ilitch, why couldn't you hold his family hostage until everyone signed with the Detroit Red Wings.

Damn it Mike Ilitch!!!11

How did I do?

Carle is not the answer. We need.to trade for a top 4 Off defenseman and hope we can add semin/Ryan and Doan. Doan's agent has contacted the Wings several times looking for an offer should he leave the Yotes.

http://mobile.mlive....ntguid=zH31wca5

Woah, Doan's agent called the Wings asking for an offer? Man, I don't care about age, if we can get Doan I will be estatic. Adding him and Tootoo, and having Kronwall on the backend could make us one of the more feared teams in the league.

The most ideal, maybe somewhat realistic, outcome going forward IMO would be to pursue Semin and Doan. Hopefully land one (both would be even better) to boost the top-six and fill out the forward group. That would give the Red Wings an excessive amount of forwards, but that also creates some flexibility to trade for a top-pairing d-man like Yandle. Filppula for starters would definitely be gone in this scenario, though that might be the only way at this point to really bolster the defense.

Getting Nash from Columbus would eliminate our assets and then we are still looking at a very questionable defense. I'd rather have Semin (or Doan) and Yandle than Nash and Carle.

"We've got all summer now," Holland said. "The market has been combed over pretty good. We'll explore trades. We're happy that we got the guys that we did on July 1 (F Mikael Samuelsson, F Jordin Tootoo, F Damien Brunner, G Jonas Gustavsson)."

Holland added: "Part of this might be that we might have to go with some kids that we think are ready."

Right now I have the feeling that with Holland taking his "step back", he may miss out out on trying to sign Carle, or Carle will want more money than Holland is willing to spend for him after being turned away by Suter.

I don't think he'll trade for Yandle, or Nash for that matter, as both teams are well aware of what we currently have on roster, what we need and how badly we need it, and their prices will be way too high for Holland to pull the trigger on it.

And the last line concerns me where he appears to be.. I'll say "comfortable" going forward with what he have and with those in the minors....

Missing out on Carle wouldn't be too big a deal. A stop-gap like Hannan or Roszival might be better anyway if we can't swing a trade. Depends on how much Carle would take. $4M or less for 2-4 years? Probably not now that he's the "best" one left. And he's not good enough to make a big difference in how far we can go.

Regarding the bold: I see Kenny taking a lot of flak the last few years for expressing confidence in our players. It's like people see comments like that and completely forget what he's tried to do or the circumstances we've been in, and also ignore anything he says about considering other options. Seriously, what do you expect him to say? You think he should act like a fan and say, "This f'in sucks! We suck now and we won't make the playoffs ever again!!!1! Franzen's an A-hole!!one! I'm trading everyone!!?/! I'll trade Joe Louis for that Rocky statue!!! Next guy that walks through that door is getting a blank check just so we can say we did something!!exclamation point!"

The last few years, either because of the cap or lack of available players, our options have been very limited. Sucks that we haven't landed any of those few as of yet, but there's no reason for even fans to be as negative as they have been, much less for Kenny to be.

Edited by Buppy