• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#101 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

Well guys, don't expect Holland to be doing much else this off-season, if what he said in this canada.com article hold true. Here are some particular gems:

[/font][/color]

Has this guy just lost it? Is he in denial or just that out of touch? We're STILL a playoff contender, given how the team is now? Is that a joke? Need to rely on Quincey and Ericsson developing? They're gonna solve our defensive issues? And apparently, despite the departure of two of our top D-men, we only need ONE defenseman.

Can not understand how people still stand behind this guy.

Almost agree with you. There's been terms before where i've questioned Holland. I still think he's a great GM, but he's sat on his hands far too often the last couple years for my liking.

We don't need a veteran defenceman. At least, that's not the long term answer. We need a younger guy who's been around a couple years, and who can star on this team for years to come. (SEE: Keith Yandle)

Offence by committee? yeah that worked real well the last 2 months of the season when we couldnt score more than a goal a game.

We have cap room, we have a ton of forwards, lets do something, or we'll be 7/8 in the west at best.

#102 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Exactly. And adding to my last scenario, it would be nice to get another top 6 guy (like Doan or Mueller) and bump Bert to the 4th line and have him wreck s*** with tootoo.

I like Doan, I really do......just can not afford another 35+ guy. Unfortunately, Sammy stole his spot.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#103 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Doan would be a good pick up even at 35+ but I highly doubt he would come to Detroit, I would think with our current situation he would prefer going to Pittsburgh. Let's be honnest as we stand Pittsburgh gives him a better opportunity to win a stanley cup then we do.

#104 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

Haha, I love Red Wings fans. It's like a busy office meeting in here with people pitching ideas left and right. Strong work guys.

Predicting trades is harder than signings because we are less clued into what we have that others want and who is available for possible movement. Hopefully Kenny can get on the phone and work some magic. This has been interesting to say the least. Here's to hoping we haven't reached Babcock's plan D yet.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#105 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

Why can't Ericsson, Quincey and Kronwall step up?

How old was Zetterberg and Datsyuk when they finally stepped up?

#106 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Ericsson has been stepping up, I think Kronwall is maxed out and Quincey will be better this year

#107 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

Why can't Ericsson, Quincey and Kronwall step up?

How old was Zetterberg and Datsyuk when they finally stepped up?

Because Ericsson was coddled and had has hand held and he couldn't stand on his own feet when Detroit had one of the best defenses in the NHL so there is no reason to expect that now that he has to live up to his contract he will turn it on and become a stud.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#108 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Detroit needs a #1 dman

#109 archimet

archimet

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Fire Ken Holland. He is worthless. He's wasting time signing guys that dont help us (sammuelson, bertuzzi, tootoo, gustavson) and not signing anyone that does help us. This is the definition of a bad gm. All thats left for him to do now is give Holmstrom another 2 years. This offseason had to be big for Detroit. Schultz, Parise, and Suterwould have vaulted Detroit to the top again. Instead - total strikeout AND overpay/extend for complete CRAP. Holland - you suck.

I was looking forward to a rational discussion of 'what to do next'... Unfortunately I won't get the chance in this thread... You are an IDIOT. Shultz, Parise and Suter were all FREE agents... meaning they held ALL the cards. THEY could DECIDE where THEY wanted to play. They ALL CHOSE to play where they chose to play for PERSONAL REASONS... that no GM could impact.

Schultz wanted to play in Canada (nothing Kenny could do about that) and with the last last three #1 overall picks in the draft (do you really want Kenny to go there?)

Parise's family (especially his father and his fiance') wanted him to play near home... Likewise, Sutter's family wanted him to play close to home (family in Minnesota and farm in Madison... a couple hundred miles from Minneapolis)... There was zero that Ken Holland could have done to overcome the family connections... Zero... Because family is more important to Parise and Sutter than playing for any team... even the Red Wings.

Get some perspective and stop the hating. Enjoy the Wings... even when things get a bit more challenging.

Edited by archimet, 05 July 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#110 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Funny how these random posters come out of nowhere and just freak out.

Hey - I'm not random - nor am I freaking out :crazy:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#111 archimet

archimet

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

We lose lidstrom. Remember? Its exactly like we just lost our best player first game.

Do you have anything positive to say about anything? Please, just one thing...

#112 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

After hearing the comments about young guys stepping up and rookies getting a chance to play its sounds as though Holland isn't going to make a real big move or signing. Holland is really getting on my last nerve. Never pulls the trigger or takes any risks. Kenny you better do something or this team is gonna have a real tough competing and in serious trouble to make the playoffs. Worst part is that pav and Z aren't getting any younger. Holland please sign semin, and deal for enstrom! Please!!

#113 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

He needs to deal for Ryan, then sign Semin, Doan, Mueller.and then try for.Yandle.....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#114 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

He needs to sign semin, and mueller or doan. Trade the mule, Tatar or pulk plus a 1st for enstrom from Winnipeg.

Go with:

Nyquist- pav- semin
Fil- zetterberg- mueller/doan
Brunner- helm- Sammy
Clearly/Bert- Abby-totoo

Enstrom- big e
Kronwall- smith
Quincey- white
Kindl

I believe that team may not win the cup but it will compete and have at least an outside chance

#115 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

franzen tatar pulkkinen and a 1st for tobias enstrom?? haaaaa NO THANKS

if were gonna give up those guys its gotta be for a real star player not 5'10 enstrom

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 05 July 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#116 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

franzen tatar pulkkinen and a 1st for tobias enstrom?? haaaaa NO THANKS

if were gonna give up those guys its gotta be for a real star player not 5'10 enstrom

Not both Tatar and pulk just one of the two. Me personally I would do this in a heartbeat. Enstrom is the perfect wing! We lose the franzen contract as well.

#117 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

What should hollands next push be nash, yandle, ryan, doan, semin, any thoughts and or suggestions. Or should we save for next years free agent market.

#118 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

What should hollands next push be nash, yandle, ryan, doan, semin, any thoughts and or suggestions. Or should we save for next years free agent market.

Like I said in another thread tr best plan B would be to sign semin, and doan/ mueller. ( Doans better player, but older. Mueller not as good but cheaper and only 24 and he has star potential) then trade mule, Tatar/pulk and a 1st/2nd to Winnipeg for enstrom. Enstrom is very underrated, I would be ecstatic with this plan and I really do feel like it can be done. What do you think?

#119 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Like I also said in another thread Datsyuk is screamin' for Semin!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#120 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Plan A - your initial thoughts could have gone into any number of existing threads.