• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Next Move

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

No way Yandle plays 2nd pairing. Arguably the best all around defenseman in the league. This guy must really be flying under the radar for Detroit fans not to know how good he is yet. He's the next best thing to Lidstrom, just so you know. He will be a norris nominee for the next 10 years barring injury.

It will take a lot more than expendables to land Yandle. Smith will have to be part of the package and probably Filppula as well.

It will take a lot more than expendables to land Yandle. Smith will have to be part of the package and probably Filppula as well.

While you maybe right about needing more firepower to get Yandle, I can't imagine the Coyotes - with all their uncertainty - wanting a guy in a contract year.

I think its pretty obvious now that the main FA left that Holland is targeting is Doan, especially considering all his "we need veteran leadership comments".

While he's a great player, can someone please explain to me why we need him of all people? I just don't get it. Veteran leadership? Most of our core team are seasoned veterans!

Datsyuk - 33

Zetterberg - 31

Franzen - 32

Kronwall - 31

Bertuzzi - 37

Sammy - 36

Clearly - 33

Given this, it seems we have plenty of veteran leadership and I just fail to see what Doan could possibly provide except some toughness and some more goals. We should be trying to get younger, trying to get a sniper to play wing with Pav. Another 35+ player on a team of aging veterans? I just don't get it.....

Edited by ShanahanMan

Thats the point. Its one year so weber is out next season

So why not go for a high contract for one year? Why give Nashville a discount? They said they would match any offer so give him an insane amount of money. That way you screw Nashville and Weber is happier with the wings for getting him so much. Money

Guest mjtm77

Trade Flip, Nyquist and a 1st for Yandle. Sign Doan and Semin...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.000m)

Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

DEFENSEMEN

Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,708,712; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $491,288

this is probaly our best bet top stay competitive, tho I do not see it happening

So why not go for a high contract for one year? Why give Nashville a discount? They said they would match any offer so give him an insane amount of money. That way you screw Nashville and Weber is happier with the wings for getting him so much. Money

Jesus. Because then we have to give up 4 first rounders for one year of shea weber i they are smart enough to pull the carpet out from under us. They really should take those picks and run at this poit rather than letting weber walk for nothing.

I think its pretty obvious now that the main FA left that Holland is targeting is Doan, especially considering all his "we need veteran leadership comments".

While he's a great player, can someone please explain to me why we need him of all people? I just don't get it. Veteran leadership? Most of our core team are seasoned veterans!

Datsyuk - 33

Zetterberg - 31

Franzen - 32

Kronwall - 31

Bertuzzi - 37

Sammy - 36

Clearly - 33

Given this, it seems we have plenty of veteran leadership and I just fail to see what Doan could possibly provide except some toughness and some more goals. We should be trying to get younger, trying to get a sniper to play wing with Pav. Another 35+ player on a team of aging veterans? I just don't get it.....

Hence acquiring Bobby Ryan...adding Shane Doan only helps this team...This guy can and will score 30+ goals playing with Pav or Z...Ryan scoring 40 is not unrealistic. Bobby Ryan is 24...trade for him then in three years tie him up for the rest of his career...Parise who?

to ANA : Val Filppula, Jan Mursak, Tomas Tatar, 2nd round pick

to DET : Bobby Ryan

it's almost explains itself....sign Doan, Kubina, Q if the price is right... Roll On! (Getzlaf, Perry, Weber available next July)

Holland needs to go. Hes not doing his job.

What do you mean? He offered Suter less money so he could play for your team....he did it for you!

Jesus. Because then we have to give up 4 first rounders for one year of shea weber i they are smart enough to pull the carpet out from under us. They really should take those picks and run at this poit rather than letting weber walk for nothing.

4 picks between 25 and 30 is a discount for Weber buddy

We arent picking in the last 10 prolly for a few years. I think we will have around 15 this year with our current lineup. I think theyd rather get picks rhan lose for nothing like suter.

Not if you had weber

Fire Ken Holland. This offseason had to be big for Detroit. Shultz, Parise, and Suterwould have vaulted Detroit to the top again. Instead - total strikeout AND overpay/extend for complete CRAP. Holland - you suck.

Suter and Parise are not worth $15 million per year. In the long run we will be a much better off... especially if we sign Shea Weber to a large contract. Then you will love Kenny Holland again.