• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#141 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Trade for Enstrom instead of Yandle. Enstrom's value is probably at it's lowest right now. He's an exceptionally skilled guy that would be a perfect fit here.

#142 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

Trade for Enstrom instead of Yandle. Enstrom's value is probably at it's lowest right now. He's an exceptionally skilled guy that would be a perfect fit here.

My thoughts exactly! What do you think it would take?

Edited by Flipper51, 05 July 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#143 EvilleWing

EvilleWing

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

The Wings lost a generational talent... Generational talent>>>>Franchise players. Sorry but the Wings are still in a worse spot than either of the Preds or the Devils.

#144 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

You're out of your depth... The Wings have far more offensive depth, and their defense, when compared to either team is at the very least equal (as is).

I would love Enstrom... solid d-man with good offensive upside.

#145 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

not as pumped for enstrom. would still cost a lot and is only 5 foot 10 with a LH shot. not ideal. If we are shelling out serious assets we might as well pay a little more and get a guy that really fits well. If it was a bargain I'd trade for enstrom but no way are we sending flip the other way for that guy. I'd do franzen in a package though.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#146 EvilleWing

EvilleWing

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I would never want to trade places with NJ or Preds.....Wings are in far better shape because of the financial health of ownership and organizational stability. People need to take a chill pill and breathe. Don't forget the yrs immediately following the lockout. Wings have cap room and an owner willing to spend. They have time to look at remaining UFAs, monitor RFA status, consider trades, etc. Oh yea, the void created by the loss of Nick and Stuie creates an opportunity for others to step up. That's what I'm looking forward to this season.

#147 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Didn't know where to put this... didn't think a new thread was necessary.

From Helene St. James: #RedWings defenseman Kyle Quincey files for salary arbitration.

#148 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

not as pumped for enstrom. would still cost a lot and is only 5 foot 10 with a LH shot. not ideal. If we are shelling out serious assets we might as well pay a little more and get a guy that really fits well.

COUGHgirardiCOUGH

Don't Toews me, bro!

#149 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think wings have to do something and if they don't then they would seriously jeopardize missing the playoffs for the first time since Pretty Woman was in theaters. They would need a ton more out of Helm and Ericsson and Jimmy Howard could face 40 shots a game resulting in a 3.02 gaa and 4th in the central lol. I get what you're saying and yeah they could see what the young guns have to offer but imo, it'd be disaster. Holland hasn't drafted well in recent years.

I can see where you are coming from, but I do disagree about missing the playoffs. I think right now they would be able to make it 6-8 spot. Also with my scenerio Brunner or whoever else is on the 3rd line would bring out more in Helm. Ericsson is a huge crapshoot I know, he's played some great hockey sometime, but then some AHL hockey at other points.

Also I wouldn't say Holland drafted that bad (Nyquist) basically led all rookies in the AHL (points/games played) Tatar almost made the team out of camp. Mad amount of talk around all fanbases regarding, Jarnkok, Jurco, Tverdon, all seem like good players (edit: Mzarek was getting praise from Canadian fans when his team was curb stomped like 8-3 and they still were saying he was one of the best players on the ice). But I suppose that is for another argument entirely.

Also please don't think I'm a always sunshine type of guy, because there is plenty of criticizem the team deserves.

Edited by ben_usmc, 05 July 2012 - 06:40 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#150 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Read online if wings give weber a lowish offersheet for one year that the preds match it gives him an automatic out to become a ufa. Weber would just have to sign.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#151 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

not as pumped for enstrom. would still cost a lot and is only 5 foot 10 with a LH shot. not ideal. If we are shelling out serious assets we might as well pay a little more and get a guy that really fits well. If it was a bargain I'd trade for enstrom but no way are we sending flip the other way for that guy. I'd do franzen in a package though.

Yeah Enstrom is small but as a "replacement" to Lidstrom we're not looking for a big, physical guy, right? He plays really well positionally and is a good skater and exceptional puckmover. I'd give up Franzen for him in a heartbeat, and I'm a defender of the Mule. I'm sure it would take the addition of atleast a prospect and a pick however. My dream scenario is signing Semin and Doan and trading for 'Toby Orr'. Not that Yandle would be disappointing, but I think Enstrom could be had for less than his actual worth at the moment..

#152 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yeah Enstrom is small but as a "replacement" to Lidstrom we're not looking for a big, physical guy, right? He plays really well positionally and is a good skater and exceptional puckmover. I'd give up Franzen for him in a heartbeat, and I'm a defender of the Mule. I'm sure it would take the addition of atleast a prospect and a pick however. My dream scenario is signing Semin and Doan and trading for 'Toby Orr'. Not that Yandle would be disappointing, but I think Enstrom could be had for less than his actual worth at the moment..

This is literally exactly my dream scenario. Im very high on Enstrom and it helps that his contract is up.

#153 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,816 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

If I am trading with Winnipeg for a Defenseman, I am trading for Zach Bogosian...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#154 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

I could support that idea
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#155 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Read online if wings give weber a lowish offersheet for one year that the preds match it gives him an automatic out to become a ufa. Weber would just have to sign.

I think they should offer Weber the max player salary for 1 year. If nsh matches, they are forced to pay a ton of money and he becomes a ufa next year anyway. If nsh doesn't match, Detroit gets him for a ton of money this year but could give him less in the following years. Even if Weber ends up in nsh for one year, he would be happy with the wings because they are the reason he is making 14mil so he would sign in Detroit the next year anyway.

Sounds like a **** move, but so is hiring the Russian mafia to forge a false diagnosis

Edit: it wouldn't even have to be 14mil. 10 mil would do the trick

The problem is you have to give up 4 first rounders, but it seems like Detroit never ends up with those anyway. Better to get them out of the way in a big deal than to waste them on rental players like quincey

Edited by wingsfan4795, 05 July 2012 - 10:59 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#156 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Nashville would sign him and the 4 first rounders are bye bye. Next.

#157 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Nashville would sign him and the 4 first rounders are bye bye. Next.

If Nashville signs him, Detroit keeps the picks...
And it would only be a 1 year deal and he would become a ufa still the following season. Who cares?

That way you either get him for a ton of money for 1 year (we have enough space anyway) and then sign him for less the next year, OR nsh is forced to overpay and you keep your picks and he becomes a ufa the following season anyway

Edited by wingsfan4795, 05 July 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#158 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

The best way to get a great defenseman is to have a powerfil offense. If Holland got Semin & Doan this year (amd a couple servicable d Bryan Allen ish....) we could get whomever we want next year. This year will be hampered by nhl / nhlpa issues anyway. It could work.....???? Love the new asst coach!

#159 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Once again, don't expect Holland to do much more except enjoy the golf course. Quote from this morning Detroit Press article:

"We’ll do our due diligence and we’ll explore the marketplace, see what is out there,” Holland said. “Like I said, we like our team and we have players who we feel are ready to accept bigger roles.”

Cool, cause standing pat for the last 3 years has done wonders for us. :sneaky2:

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#160 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,816 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

Once again, don't expect Holland to do much more except enjoy the golf course. Quote from this morning Detroit Press article:

Cool, cause standing pat for the last 3 years has done wonders for us. :sneaky2:

Well that quote is pretty disappointing sounding... I do like the three guys that he picked up, but that all hinged on landing Suter as well... The fact remains, the Wings NEED a top defender AND a top 6 guy still... just signing Quincey ( bleh ) will not make your D any good and the offense is pretty shallow right now....please don't tell me that just because while he was kicking the tires and two went flat that he is just gonna go with spares instead of get new ones...please Holland, at the very least Doan, Semin & YOU MUST get a defenseman....YOU MUST! This current defense is very weak...don't let the fact that Suter got away take the wind out of your sail...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!