• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Matt Carle signs with Tampa Bay: 6-years, $33-million

Rate this topic

From our perspective, when does a bit of overpayment stop being a reason not to sign someone? I mean, we have how much cap space?

I'm fine overpaying for a year, but no longer then that, we have no idea how the cap will look after the new CBA and we will need the space next year to get a legit top 2 d-man.

6 million a year for 6 years and you get a soft player who scored 4g 34a in 82 games this season? One more silly contract Holland didn't offer. Thumbs up for me.

The Lightning can have him at that price. :lol:

Someone needs to file a missing person report.

What the f*** is Holland doing?

Not handcuffing himself to good players who want great player money every year for 13 years.

6 million a year for 6 years and you get a soft player who scored 4g 34a in 82 games this season? One more silly contract Holland didn't offer. Thumbs up for me.

The Lightning can have him at that price. :lol:

Not handcuffing himself to good players who want great player money every year for 13 years.

Hey you, let me vent!!! :furious:

Guest Heaten

oh man i'd forgotten about him. One of the most overrated defenceman in recent memory. Please stay away!

Is he overrated, or is he not being utilized correctly?

I think Holland will be shifting gears a bit. Whereas he had considered making a trade to bring in Nash or perhaps Ryan, the disappearance of quality UFA defensemen means he's likely to have to trade for one of those instead. So look for a lower key UFA forward (Doan perhaps) and a big trade on D, the opposite of what the plan originally was.

I know he might sign someone like Kubina, but I can't convince myself Holland would be satisfied with a move like that, looking at our defensive needs. Losing out on Suter means we don't have any future UFA D-man prospects, either, except an outside chance at Weber next season. He still needs to fill that void and an aging veteran isn't the way to go.

I am trying to remain positive, however the way things are unfolding makes me worry. No decent D available via UFA and the cash they demand is off the charts ! If things continue this way then Weber should be asking for 15mil/year over 20 years next summer. Kenny may resign Quincy for 6mil over 10 years. Crazy. I was hopping for a avarage D and a trade for Nash or Ryan. Now we have to trade for an avarage D. This sucks ! Somebody help !

Edited by arag

This is getting sadder and sadder.

People are laughing now about overpaying players (and $5.5m/year for Carle is definitely one), but I would have rather overpaid with our more than ample cap-space, than trading away multiple key pieces to get a single high-end player in return. Holland is i a position of weakness and desperation at the moment, probably getting ready to sell the shirt off his back for a decent defenseman and/or high-end forward. I hope he does something, but I hope he doesn't dump half our forward roster and high-end prospects to get a single talent.

Sooo... Colaiacovo? :lol:

If all else fails, I wouldn't mind giving Cola a 1-2 year deal.... see what he can do and if he can stay healthy... can't hurt with all the cap we've got and if any trades prove fruitless.

The kid has the goods, he just needs to stay healthy and he'd be a solid 5/6 man for us.

I am trying to remain positive, however the way things are unfolding makes me worry. No decent D available via UFA and the cash they demand is off the charts ! If things continue this way then Weber should be asking for 15mil/year over 20 years next summer. Kenny may resign Quincy for 6mil over 10 years. Crazy. I was hopping for a avarage D and a trade for Nash or Ryan. Now we have to trade for an avarage D. This sucks ! Somebody help !

If anything comes out of the new CBA, I hope it addresses this issue the most. These contracts are asinine.