• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Our offense to me has already improved Tootoo will bring out more in either Helm or Abby.

Abdelkader is a RFA but why does everyone assume he'll be back next year? Did I miss something?

#22 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

Abdelkader is a RFA but why does everyone assume he'll be back next year? Did I miss something?

Do you mean you believe he will be traded or we will let him sign an offer sheet for another team and get a 2nd?

#23 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Nevermind. I was thinking we would see a big trade coming or let Abs go for a 2nd round draft pick because we would have too many forwards. But, I forgot that Brunner and Nyquist have 2-way contracts; and, Eaves is still questionable.

So, without Abs, we have 12 forwards and 3 ?'s ... well and a lot of $$$ & potential trade bait.

#24 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

So, without Abs, we have 12 forwards and 3 ?'s ... well and a lot of $$$ & potential trade bait.

I wish we could use some of that cash as trade bait like in baseball. Give Phoenix Franzen, a prospect/pick and some cash for Yandle.

#25 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Only one way to find out... Bring them up! Let them play, let them get their feet wet and figure it out. You can't just throw them in to live action for 3-5 games and go... OK... not showing enough, back to the AHL you go. You've got to get them up there, leave them for a while. Let them get the experience, give them the time to adjust to the difference in speed and size and talent around them. Let them develop some chemistry with new team mates and line mates. You've got to give them a serious shot, not just 3 or so games here and there because someone got hurt and you brought them up in an emergency situation. If during that time, they're completely lost, and ineffective, then back down they go to work on the issues you notice at the NHL level. Without them playing some legit NHL time, its tough to tell what areas of their game they need help with. The way the team is shaping up so far, this year seems like a good year to see what we've got.

I'm partially in agreement with this. Maybe bring 1 up at a time & really let them play at the nhl pace. It certainly takes time to adjust. A lot of lower tiered teams are forced to do this and that's why they often will find real young talent the the Wings rarely see. Young talent seems to show up out of no where all the time here in Colorado.

BTW, Roger Crozier was the last Calder winner Detroit had (64-65 season).

#26 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Personally I don't care if he is or is not, he has been a disappointment since 09 Playoffs. Of course Babcock was out of his damn minding switching him for Draper, when he had 2 goals in 2 games played in the finals....to bad he could never reproduce that ability.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s