• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matemate

Bottom 6

Rate this topic

What do you guys think it will look like?

Ideal would be....

Eaves - Helm - Miller

Tootoo - Abby - Clutterbuck

But its gonna look like this...

Cleary - Helm - Samuelsson

Tootoo - Abby - Bertuzzi

Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson....old guys with no grit and speed. Thanks Holland!

Edited by matemate

People are really counting Cleary out after one season where he was injured? I admit, it was a terrible choice for him to keep playing like that. But regardless, when he's healthy, he's a pretty valuable guy. Our bottom 6 will be gritty enough and also be able to score a bit. No, it's not perfect, but it's good enough, which is more than can be said about our top 6 or our defense.

Also, Clutterbuck wasn't on the block, so it's a pointless comparison. You may as well have thrown Bob Probert in your "ideal bottom 6" for good measure.

What do you guys think it will look like?

Ideal would be....

Eaves - Helm - Miller

Tootoo - Abby - Clutterbuck

But its gonna look like this...

Cleary - Helm - Samuelsson

Tootoo - Abby - Bertuzzi

Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson....old guys with no grit and speed. Thanks Holland!

As much as I want Bert off this team I don't think he is as slow as some people make him out to be. At times it looked like he could motor out there.

Cleary had the most heart in our short playoff run... and he was playing on one leg. Let's not discount someone just because you are biased as all hell. It's like people think we're going to ice some 25 and under team all of a sudden. We have always been known to have a good mix of veteran and young players as well... This year will be the most balanced we have been given more youth will have a shot. While I don't necessarily agree with Samuelsson, I do agree that he is an upgrade over Hudler (better speed, better defensively, right handed shot, better size). He can also effectively step into 2nd through 4th line roles effortlessly and he knows the system.

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller/Eaves-Abdelkader-Tootoo

You can interchange Sammy with Cleary or Bertuzzi. In a perfect world, I'd like to see us ice a Mursak-Helm-Brunner third line, speed speed speed! But I personally feel Mursak is gone in a trade of some sort for defensive help.