• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EvilleWing

RFA Rules

Rate this topic

I know Holland (and many other GMs) don't like to go after RFAs because of having to give up compensation to the team the RFA leaves. What are the compensation rules? Just wondering with RFA Dmen like Weber, Subban, Green, Del Zotto, Carlson, etc. Some attractive names.....

An offer with a $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation

More than $1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

More than $1,567,043 -- $3,134,088: Second-round pick

More than $3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

More than $4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

More than $6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

More than $7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

I know Holland (and many other GMs) don't like to go after RFAs because of having to give up compensation to the team the RFA leaves. What are the compensation rules? Just wondering with RFA Dmen like Weber, Subban, Green, Del Zotto, Carlson, etc. Some attractive names.....

It all depends on the cap hit of the contract signed. Here's this year's schedule:

$1,110,249 or below: None

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194: Third-round choice

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391: Second-round choice

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585: First-round and third-round choice

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781: First-round, second-round and third-round choice

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976: Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice

Over $8,410,976: Four first-round choices

An offer with a $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation

More than $1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

More than $1,567,043 -- $3,134,088: Second-round pick

More than $3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

More than $4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

More than $6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

More than $7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

Those #s are from the 2011-2012 season

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976: Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice

Over $8,410,976: Four first-round choices

So in theory, Weber could be had for two firsts, a second and a third, with a cap hit of $8.40M. If you felt there was any chance at all NSH would not match it, I think it would be worth it. However, I can't see a scenario in which the Preds don't match.

Guest DeGraa55

I personally would offer Weber 8.4M. NSH would match it I'm 99% sure. It would show just how commited we are to winning though. But I wouldn't go any higher cause I wouldn't want to lose to 4 first round picks when he's a UFA next year.

I personally would offer Weber 8.4M. NSH would match it I'm 99% sure. It would show just how commited we are to winning though. But I wouldn't go any higher cause I wouldn't want to lose to 4 first round picks when he's a UFA next year.

You can't offer sheet Weber. Here's why:

If you offer sheet weber long term big money the preds match and he is a pred for life and doesn't hit UFA status next offseason

If you offer sheet weber for a one year deal you risk 4 first rounders for 1 year of Weber (he still has to re-sign)

If you don't offer sheet weber, he probably hits UFA status next offseason because the preds won't be able to sign him unless we help by giving them an offer sheet to match.

Boom, done.

We could overpay MDZ or Carlson in the 1st,3rd compensation bracket (3.4-5mill) and see what happens. Go with a 4.9mill cap hit. I'd give up a 1st,3rd for one of those studs.

It seems to me that going fishing for MDZ or Carlson wouldn't be as much a risk as waiting on prospects in the system that have yet prove themselves. Do you know if MDZ, Carlson, Green or Subban have been given a qualifying offer yet?

When can GMs start drawing up offer sheets?

You can't offer sheet Weber. Here's why:

If you offer sheet weber long term big money the preds match and he is a pred for life and doesn't hit UFA status next offseason

If you offer sheet weber for a one year deal you risk 4 first rounders for 1 year of Weber (he still has to re-sign)

If you don't offer sheet weber, he probably hits UFA status next offseason because the preds won't be able to sign him unless we help by giving them an offer sheet to match.

Boom, done.

Agree....I think It would be a gift for Nashville if Holland offered $8.4M for whatever term. If he hits the market as a UFA next year, I can't imagine the $s not being higher that $8.4m per yr........unless there are considerable changes to CBA this fall.

It seems to me that going fishing for MDZ or Carlson wouldn't be as much a risk as waiting on prospects in the system that have yet prove themselves. Do you know if MDZ, Carlson, Green or Subban have been given a qualifying offer yet?

When can GMs start drawing up offer sheets?

No idea, sorry. Wish I knew more.

Someone clarify this for me - when can we sign Weber to an offer sheet and why wouldn't we? Can we offer him multiple years? If NAS can't sign him, why would they match?

Finally, do we lose something in the way of draft picks if we prevail on the signing?

I don't understand why the NHL has this gentleman's agreement against signing RFA's...

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone clarify this for me - when can we sign Weber to an offer sheet and why wouldn't we? Can we offer him multiple years? If NAS can't sign him, why would they match?

Finally, do we lose something in the way of draft picks if we prevail on the signing?

I don't understand why the NHL has this gentleman's agreement against signing RFA's...

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Merged your post with the relevant thread. Scroll up.

The only info I'm not sure of is when they can extend offer sheets. Not sure if that happens on July 1st as well, or some later date.