• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Bob Probert: 2 Years Ago Today

Rate this topic

Still brings a tear to watch tribute videos of Probie doing what he did best. His work sent me on the long journey to being a fully fledged hockey and Red Wings fan. I couldn't care less about the UFA market or anything like that today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjPokB0NIg

RIP Bob

Legends Never Die

Edited by Matt

Still brings a tear to watch tribute videos of Probie doing what he did best. His work sent me on the long journey to being a fully fledged hockey and Red Wings fan. I couldn't care less about the UFA market or anything like that today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjPokB0NIg

RIP Bob

Legends Never Die

Maybe people are thrown off by what 2years ago was in reference to. Possibly change your thread title so this thread gets its proper respect.

I remember seeing his picture on the top of LGW and crying every time I looked at it.

RIP, Bob.

Thanks for all the memories. May his family and friends find peace.

Edited by 55fan

Just wish he would've had the chance to hoist the Cup.

RIP Probie.

If it is possible could someone please Photoshop a pic of Probert with the Cup. Just I think he would like that.

Also that might be the best tribute video I've seen of him:) well done.

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Had the pleasure of meeting him plenty of times...the year he came back and couldn't travel to Canada, he would always come to DTW and fly out to meet the team, I may have been a bit of a stalker, but I would check the flights to see which one he was on and always "ran into him" there. It got to the point to where if I missed him one time, he's ask me the next time I saw him, what happened... Great Great Guy, depsite all his personal issues...wish he never left us for Chicago and I sure wish he never "left" us for Heaven... I love ya Bob, sorry you never got to drive the electric cart! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

Had the pleasure of meeting him plenty of times...the year he came back and couldn't travel to Canada, he would always come to DTW and fly out to meet the team, I may have been a bit of a stalker, but I would check the flights to see which one he was on and always "ran into him" there. It got to the point to where if I missed him one time, he's ask me the next time I saw him, what happened... Great Great Guy, depsite all his personal issues...wish he never left us for Chicago and I sure wish he never "left" us for Heaven... I love ya Bob, sorry you never got to drive the electric cart! :lol:

Stories like that are what life is all about brother.

That was a great video! What memories! The footage of him fighting Coxe and to see #19 and #17 watching..damn I miss that line! Then the goal scored with Fedorov and Konstantinov congratulating him, hell almost forgot he played with those two! He was right there with the start of this dynasty...if he only would've keep himself clean enough to re-sign here instead of leaving...

Begs you to question, would he have seen icetime under Scotty Bowman? Ya never know...but ya, definitely one of the greatest Red Wings of all time...at least in the eyes of the fans...

had some s***ty weather so decided to read Probies book again.....compelling read again. i finished it in 2.5 hours.

Really enjoy the fact it was his words and written that way as well.

Although His constant presence here on the boards brings back nothing but great memories...his death still deeply deeply saddens

me.

The connection he and Stevie had was very touching and watching that Buffalo Brawl is what prompted this post.

Also, here's a video that has the Probert/Domi fight but has interviews with Mark Messier, Don Cherry, Domi and Probie. They show the fight and talk about dirty plays and how Messier ripped Domi a new one for showing up other fighters on his way to the penalty box. I had no idea that Domi and Probie were facing a 20 game suspension for the rematch. I found it interesting, getting the info straight from the heavyweights themselves.

Also, here's a video that has the Probert/Domi fight but has interviews with Mark Messier, Don Cherry, Domi and Probie. They show the fight and talk about dirty plays and how Messier ripped Domi a new one for showing up other fighters on his way to the penalty box. I had no idea that Domi and Probie were facing a 20 game suspension for the rematch. I found it interesting, getting the info straight from the heavyweights themselves.

Great video!! Thanks for posting it

Probert's book is a good read...Kinda funny how he described how reluctant Domi was at answering the bell come round 2.

EDIT - in the video above - I'm a firm believer had the refs let the fight go on in the 1st round - Probert would've eventually beaten the snot outta Domi, and round 2 may have never taken place.

i love in his book how Probie speaks in detail about those Domi fights as well as many others.

The second time I read his book I would youtube the exact fights I was reading about... it was like having him do play by play.

It was very interesting to watch the all the fights he references, after reading his breakdowns of them...you see an entirely different tilt When your looking for the things Probe writes about that occured.

Definately a different era. the respect they all

had for each other was amazing. there seemed to only be a few dbags and it was universally known who they were and most the heavys enjoyed some of the beatings they laid on those individuals.