• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Wings hire Tom Renney as Assistant Coach (3-year contract)

Rate this topic

i think this is good because he has the experience to make the players listen to him, and they haven't been really buying babs lately. i feel as though having two rookie assistants last year made our veterans feel comfy.

They also had 0 defence and 0 goaltending. so i wouldn't blame him completely. As if Hall, Eberle, Nuge are premier 2 way forwards. Those kids just want to skate forward.

It's really frustrating when people pull assumptions out of their ass like they are a fly on the wall in the locker room and on the bench... seriously - You do not know what you say you do.

Let's keep the "Jump to Conclusions mat" at home kiddies.

It's really frustrating when people pull assumptions out of their ass like they are a fly on the wall in the locker room and on the bench... seriously - You do not know what you say you do.

Let's keep the "Jump to Conclusions mat" at home kiddies.

lol did you see inspired play out there lately? nobody bought babs' speeches at the end of last season. looked flat with low compete level. There were threads on here saying he had lost his ability to motivate the guys. I didn't say i knew it for fact, but it couldn't hurt.

Quick question about these types of signings...

Per Darren Dreger of twitter: "Red Wings announce the hiring of Tom Renney as an associate coach. 3 year deal. Good things happen to good people. Good hire."

What exactly do the Red Wings (or any NHL origination for that matter) do to announce a signing like this? Do they just call up their closest reporter/beat writer and say "Hey, we signed so and so as a coach, considered it announced"?

lol did you see inspired play out there lately? nobody bought babs' speeches at the end of last season. looked flat with low compete level. There were threads on here saying he had lost his ability to motivate the guys. I didn't say i knew it for fact, but it couldn't hurt.

Yes, but it's all hearsay... nothing is based on any factual information. That's all it ever is, which is why people need to stay away from just guessing and assuming they know what's up. Cleary played his ass off in the playoffs on one knee, I guess that must mean that Babcock hates every player but Cleary.

Think about it, seriously.

Quick question about these types of signings...

Per Darren Dreger of twitter: "Red Wings announce the hiring of Tom Renney as an associate coach. 3 year deal. Good things happen to good people. Good hire."

What exactly do the Red Wings (or any NHL origination for that matter) do to announce a signing like this? Do they just call up their closest reporter/beat writer and say "Hey, we signed so and so as a coach, considered it announced"?

They have press releases that announce signings officially.

Yes, but it's all hearsay... nothing is based on any factual information. That's all it ever is, which is why people need to stay away from just guessing and assuming they know what's up. Cleary played his ass off in the playoffs on one knee, I guess that must mean that Babcock hates every player but Cleary.

Thats just Cleary being Cleary.

From the Edmonton Journal in regards to Renney and Edmonton's special teams while he was coach:

The Oilers’ special teams shot up, too. The power play went from a 14.8-per-cent success rate and 27th place to a 20.6-per-cent success rate and third overall ranking. On the penalty kill, the Oilers went from a 77-per-cent clearance rate and a 29th ranking, to a 82.4-per-cent rate and a 14th ranking.

I think we will really like what he will do to our special teams.

Thats just Cleary being Cleary.

Aaah no Babs only likes Newfies hence the reason all the other players sucked wind....

I would like to add had we had this coach then we probably would have gotten S & P to come here as Minny has 3 coaches and we didnt at the time!!

I kid I kid...