• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Id rather have you out there. Youre only 28, so at least you have some upside.

Guest Crymson

Crymson, you are 40 pts next to Datsyuk.

Bertuzzi had 45 points in '10-'11 despite his most common linemates being Abdelkader and Cleary. And the combination of he and Datsyuk wins the team a lot of shootouts.

Guest The Axe

And you question me watching the games, Crysmon? Jeez. Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi. Ummmm NO.

And you question me watching the games, Crysmon? Jeez. Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi. Ummmm NO.

Bertuzzi had 45 points in '10-'11 despite his most common linemates being Abdelkader and Cleary. And the combination of he and Datsyuk wins the team a lot of shootouts.

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-combos/index.php?season=2011&team=DET&strength=EV&playertype=F&gametype=ALL#A

those are the lines for the year

http://www.leftwingl...&gametype=ALL#A

those are the lines for the year

That link took me to the lines for this season, not 10-11. But changing it to that, it comes up that for even strength Bert was with Flip and Franzen the most. Then Hudler and Flip. Then Z and Franzen. Then Cleary and Zetterberg.

I'm not really familiar with that site though so I can't say how accurate it is.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Crysmon, apology?

You'd have a better chance of stapling your ass to Mount Rushmore.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Did it once. Nothing to brag about.

Super glue your testicles to Shane Doan's horse and you may be able to play for the Wings. We need this kind of buy in with the players. When you fall off the horse, instead of getting back up again, you need only superglue your testicles to the saddle so you don't fall off to begin with. Something tells me The Axe spends alot of time playing with his dingy.

Awesome article on why a team should be willing to take a chance on Semin. My apologies if it's already been posted somewhere, I didn't feel like scrolling back through the entire discussion to verify.

http://www.anguscertified.com/alexander-semin-and-ignoring-the-10-percent/

Guest Crymson

Crysmon, apology?

I was using the same source, but it appears that I had it set to "Most recent game." But I really don't believe that my failure to change it to "All Season (to date)" warrants me apologizing to you, especially considering that I was right: he did not play with Datsyuk much at all during that season--far from that: he played his largest chunk of time with a Filppula who had not yet peaked, and a Franzen whom many here, yourself included, have accused of being lazy and unmotivated, and his second largest with Filppula and a Hudler who was having an atrocious season--and produced 45 points nonetheless.

In fact, you asking for an apology is rather obnoxious. Indeed, I'm fairly certain that it was meant in that spirit.

Edited by Crymson

Read this as well, makes sense. I mean if Hudler can do it. Just think about Z, Dats, or Filp passing him the puck?!

But I think the interesting thing is that he makes the players he's with better as well. According to the article most players were better off, offensively and defensively, when playing on a line with him so it's reasonable to expect he'd increase D,Z, Franzen, or Flip's production as well.

Guest The Axe

But I think the interesting thing is that he makes the players he's with better as well. According to the article most players were better off, offensively and defensively, when playing on a line with him so it's reasonable to expect he'd increase D,Z, Franzen, or Flip's production as well.

Of course he would. Nash is a freak on skates. The guy is awesome.

Awesome article on why a team should be willing to take a chance on Semin. My apologies if it's already been posted somewhere, I didn't feel like scrolling back through the entire discussion to verify.

http://www.anguscert...the-10-percent/

Great article. I still don't see why he isn't even worth a shot, given he wouldn't cost us assets, he is the kind of winger D/Z have needed, and he would be in a stable, veteran locker room.

I think Semin for 4 years at a decent cap hit is a better option than 98 million for 13 years for Parise. If Semin didn't pan out in Detroit, there are teams that would take him on in a trade if the term isn't too crazy. Low risk, high reward IMO. I think him playing with Datsyuk would be great. If not, trade him toa team who needs to hit the cap floor in the off season and get assests for him.

At least signing Semin would leave the Wings with their own assets to trade for a d man.

**This. If 4 years is what brings him on board, do it. You can always deal him if things don't work out. C'mon Holland.

Has there really been talk that the Wings aren't interested in Semin? Because my guess would be he's the number one target for Holland now after Parise signed.

He's a talented forward that's a bit of a reclamation project because of his reputation. He could play alongside Datsyuk and under a coach that is known for making players work hard. Getting him away from Ovechkin probably won't hurt either. In terms of talent level for the cost to acquire him, this seems right up Holland's alley.

Has there really been talk that the Wings aren't interested in Semin? Because my guess would be he's the number one target for Holland now after Parise signed.

He's a talented forward that's a bit of a reclamation project because of his reputation. He could play alongside Datsyuk and under a coach that is known for making players work hard. Getting him away from Ovechkin probably won't hurt either. In terms of talent level for the cost to acquire him, this seems right up Holland's alley.

http://www.thedetroi...g-nothing/20894

“I talked to his agent once but right now we’re doing nothing,” said general manager Ken Holland in regards to Semin.
Edited by Doc Holliday

Hmm, I wonder if Holland is playing it close to the vest or if he's really not that interested. Work ethic aside, I guess another serious concern is him running off to the KHL.

I honestly don't know, but it is discouraging to see him say that in the media.

Semin would be a great winger for Datsyuk, take off some pressure of our secondary guys, and possibly redefine himself in a Wings uniform. Holland needs to spend some of this cap space one day or another.

Hmm, I wonder if Holland is playing it close to the vest or if he's really not that interested. Work ethic aside, I guess another serious concern is him running off to the KHL.

That is a serious concern, but I can't help but think that if he wanted to bolt to the KHL, he'd be there already. I mean, it's no secret that he's not going to get paid as much here as he would there, so what's stopping him you know?

Semin would be a great winger for Datsyuk, take off some pressure of our secondary guys, and possibly redefine himself in a Wings uniform. Holland needs to spend some of this cap space one day or another.

Maybe after the Suter/Parise signings, he's downplaying it to try and keep yet another free agent signing from turning into an episode of the bachelor.

That is a serious concern, but I can't help but think that if he wanted to bolt to the KHL, he'd be there already. I mean, it's no secret that he's not going to get paid as much here as he would there, so what's stopping him you know?

True.

But there could be the fear that he'll play for a year under contract, and if he doesn't like it then he bolts to the KHL where he doesn't have to work as hard, and the Wings (or whoever signed him) lose him for nothing.

Guest Heaten

Datsyuk knows him, maybe he has an "inside track" on stuff that Red Wings don't want in their system for multiple years? I don't like Semin, I think he's a cancer and probably one of the biggest "inside issues" in Washington. I think a one year signing is too long, personally.

I'm sure there is a reason why Holland isn't too hot on the guy, Pav probably knows a few things.