• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

I see what you did there.

I don't think we have much option at this point than to get er' done with Semin. Add Doan, and trade for Yandle and we are fairly solid. I wanted Doan anyways so this would be a great scenario from my POV.

Add Doan, Semin and Yandle and we're 'fairly' solid... That's kind of funny.

I was reading hockey buzz earlier (i know...) and the Wings were not on the short list but I was more looking for an update as I was looking at that over 12 hrs ago...Also if anyone cares to leave links to sites that post more realsitic information Id love to have it ;)

Just imagine 40 from Semin, 30 from Doan and potential 50 from Nash (or 40 from Ryan) The LGW users will be wondering who Hudler and Franzine every were....

Hey bamawing, I was in your state for the first time ever last weekend, Decatur, loved it! I couldn't understand the gas station attendant too good, but I was too busy being amazed by the price of $2.80 per gallon to care!

And while we're at it.. why don't we throw in 35 from Brunner... the Swiss scoring champion. I smell 400 goals this year!

Wow, I get your point. I can count on two fingers the amount of times I've been to that part of the state and I've lived here 24 years.

Yeah that part of the state really sucks. If I ever moved back I would try to live in Huntsville or Mobile. Maybe even Hoover.

Not that it adds any real information, but Dmitry Chesnokov (writes for Puck Daddy, contributes a few other places) tweeted:

"I asked Semin if he was going to play in Detroit - one of the clubs reportedly interested. His reply: "I don't know." Evaluating his options."

Not sure it really means much, but at least it's been asked of him? I guess... I know, I'm reaching here, lol.

I thought I read somewhere (impossible to find it again because I have read so many blogs/articles/twitter messages in the past few days) that Doan's agent was soliciting officers - not just from Detroit- in order to use a leverage in his talks with the Coyotes. I hope this is not true and he wants to sign with Detroit.

That could be what he is doing, but I am sure Doan has a list of where he'd like to play and his agent only called those teams. I cannot see his agent calling Carolina if Doan would never sign there...

Also from Chesnokov:

"Gandler, Semin's agent, gives no hints whatsoever. The best I could get out of him was "Semin's priority is to sign with an NHL team.""

Kind of seems to me like he's looking for the best possible offer an NHL team will make.

Coming down to the Pens and us for Semin? Doesn't sound good now does it lol

Blah! I can see him wanting to play with Malkin as well...but Malkin is more of the sniper himself right? Just like Ovi. While Dats can sure put his share in the net, he is more of a setup man and Semin would score more goals playing with him...but if he goes to Pit, then I can't say I blame him either, especially if they are offering more money...

That would be fine, Holland would have to for sure land Doan and then Nash or Ryan...just like Parise, Semin would be great here, but it wouldn't mean the end of the Wings if he weren't...

If the numbers are correct...get it done Kenny.

Assuming some defensive weak d-men like carle or wideman got signed at 5+ mil. cap hit,Semin at 5 mil is a steal.

Yeah I want top 2 d-man,but with Semin signed,giving assets for Yandle would hurt us a bit less.

If the numbers are correct...get it done Kenny.

Assuming some defensive weak d-men like carle or wideman got signed at 5+ mil. cap hit,Semin at 5 mil is a steal.

Yeah I want top 2 d-man,but with Semin signed,giving assets for Yandle would hurt us a bit less.

to ANA : Val Filppula, Tomas Tatar, Jan Mursak, Justin Abdelkader, 2nd round pick

to DET : Bobby Ryan

and

to PHX : Johan Franzine, Joakim Andersson, Dan Cleary, Kyle Quincey, 2nd round pick

to DET : Keith Yandle

Sign Semin and Doan and Mueller...(and no I do not hate Abby)

I just do not think Holland would or ever would give up Franzine or Filppula and that there will define this off season...yes, he went hard after Suter, but the show must go on and he needs to unleash his balls even more!

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson

I'm not opposed to this, but I'd feel better if we were talking about a defenseman right now. We have forwards coming out of places where forwards have no business being in the first place.

There are no good UFA defensemen left. Signing a scoring forward gives the team the capacity to trade away other assets up front.

to ANA : Val Filppula, Tomas Tatar, Jan Mursak, Justin Abdelkader, 2nd round pick

to DET : Bobby Ryan

and

to PHX : Johan Franzine, Joakim Andersson, Dan Cleary, Kyle Quincey, 2nd round pick

to DET : Keith Yandle

Sign Semin and Doan and Mueller...(and no I do not hate Abby)

I just do not think Holland would or ever would give up Franzine or Filppula and that there will define this off season...yes, he went hard after Suter, but the show must go on and he needs to unleash his balls even more!

This degree of turnover would not be good for any team.

Rather save money than going after Semin Doan they wont help us.

This offseason was Suter or bust so lets bust and come back with even more money to handout next year.

or even LESS if the Cap goes down with the new CBA...You cannot go thru the season with $16M in capspace...$6M maybe, but not $16M... Kenny must sign more players...