• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

If Q gets awarded a contract Kenny likes....sign him, sign Semin, Doan and Kubina....I can see Kenny doing that... Not my wish for this team, but Semin and Doan will help out for sure! That's 70-80 goals right there!

Really? You think Kubina is worth 20 goals?

Semin 30 goals, Doan 20 goals......hmmmm, your math is bad bro!

How long has it been since we had a guy who could pick the corners? 2009...Hossa? He only had a measly 40 goals that season and drew enough defensive attention to allow Franzen a career year. However, I don't care if Semin came here and didn't put up 40. If he had 25, Franzen had 25, Datsyuk had 20 and about 50 assists, I'd be thrilled. How is that not better than Datsyuk at 20, Franzen at 28, and Bertuzzi at 14?

Plus, this allows us to put Bertuzzi and Sammy, or Bertuzzi and Cleary on the third line, which is a mismatch against most teams in the league.

Finally, as I've said all along. The criticisms of Semin are more appropriately criticisms of Bruce Boudreau, under who's tutelage each and every single member of the Washington Capitals could be termed a "lazy, unmotivated, inconsistent, under achiever".

I like this signing...especially at this point.

On a one year deal I'd be happy with Semin, playing with Datsyuk and having Babs and Renney in his ear he could do some great things. Semin and Doan would be ideal, then move out some forwards in a deal for Yandle or whoever. Still alot of options for Holland.

How long has it been since we had a guy who could pick the corners? 2009...Hossa? He only had a measly 40 goals that season and drew enough defensive attention to allow Franzen a career year. However, I don't care if Semin came here and didn't put up 40. If he had 25, Franzen had 25, Datsyuk had 20 and about 50 assists, I'd be thrilled. How is that not better than Datsyuk at 20, Franzen at 28, and Bertuzzi at 14?

Plus, this allows us to put Bertuzzi and Sammy, or Bertuzzi and Cleary on the third line, which is a mismatch against most teams in the league.

Finally, as I've said all along. The criticisms of Semin are more appropriately criticisms of Bruce Boudreau, under who's tutelage each and every single member of the Washington Capitals could be termed a "lazy, unmotivated, inconsistent, under achiever".

I like this signing...especially at this point.

God i miss hossa

Guest The Axe

Lets get ONE thing straight: the wings need to get Semin at whatever cost is necessary. The situation is dire NOW.

What a tool to make such a terrible reputation for himself. Got to keep it classy and professional like Dats. Come here for a couple years for cheap, let us rebuild your reputation and show you how it's done. Then go make your payday somewhere else after your reputation is somewhat salvaged.

I do not see him sigbing a one year deal, if we want Semin we are going to need to show more faith in him than any other team. 3-4 year term between 4-6 million... I know that's a big risk but lets face it the high reward part of this is sky high. The talent is there, the question is how often under a new coach. I think we should give him the chance. It's worth the risk in my mind especially at a 4-t million dollar cap hit... Worst case scenario is he stays around 50-60 points (which I doubt) but I bet he is 1st or 2nd on our team with goals those 3-4 years... Just my 2 cents

As much as a one year deal for signing Semin for us would be great. I don't see Semin signing a one year deal with us. I highly doubt if the Penguins are interested in Semin they are offering a one year deal. IDK but call it a hunch.

Something tells me IF and only IF it's a one year deal it will be worth a little more than 6 million maybe more. Blah

Do some of you think we are talking about Alexander Nadulov instead of Alexander Semin? Radulov sucks & all the pundits make Semin sound as bad as him. That's BS. Except for his first season (52GP/22Pts) Semin has been at least a 1/2 point/game guy, with most of his seasons being closer to 1pt/gm or higher. He's also been a plus in +/- for his last 5 seasons. Doesn't sound that lazy. I'm more concerned about his nit-picky injuries than laziness, especially with a potential pairing with Pavel.

http://sports.yahoo....dKGRYwxbZ5ivLYF

Edited by ElCapitan

I'm not a big fan of Semin, but can a player with his past production and potential be THAT bad on a team with a solid locker room like the Wings? He and Pavel had great chemistry at WC and we have the space to give him the pay, even if the term isn't long. Is he really so toxic that we aren't even taking a swing at him?

Semin,datsyuk line was amazing at the worlds. Watching semin play in this years playoffs he played fantastic like he was trying to prove something. it's scary to think how much it would help pavel on a line with him. Pavel would actually have a sniper something we've been lacking since 81 left.

Khan on the huge show just said the wings would have to be very desperate to go after Semin. He doesn't feel they are very interested in him.

Wings ARE desperate. If we are gonna be more than a 6th-10th place team we need to make significant additions. I hope Holland doesn't let Semin's bad rep overshadow what he'd bring to this team. Being surrounded by Babcock, Renney, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, maybe Doan, is different than being around Bodreau, Ovie and Green and I think Semin would behave accordingly.

Semin,datsyuk line was amazing at the worlds. Watching semin play in this years playoffs he played fantastic like he was trying to prove something. it's scary to think how much it would help pavel on a line with him. Pavel would actually have a sniper something we've been lacking since 81 left.

Semin and Datsyuk were great at WC. Datsyuk needs someone with some skill and a shot on his line, Bertuzzi isn't cutting it, and a lot of the time, neither is Franzen. Have Pasha make a phone call and start negotiations at 4 years, $22mil. Why we wouldn't at least try is a complete mystery to me. We need defense, but one has nothing to do with the other.

Sign Semin. He isn't the best, but he will fit, and hell, with all the reclamation projects everyone loves around here, wouldn't we just as soon reclaim a player like Semin, with the production intact and the attitude needing work, as we would a guy like Cleary?

Not sure how reliable the guy is, since he's a Pens beat writer, but he tweeted:

"Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby.""

Not sure how reliable the guy is, since he's a Pens beat writer, but he tweeted:

"Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby.""

Typical politically correct comment that doesn't mean much. Although Pens are sure to be after Semin and he probably would like playing with Geno.

Word is Pens are reluctant to offer anything long-term since they have Malkin to sign soon.

Wings can spend, and they can easily offer 3-4 or even 5 years. Holland should NOT be outbid on this one.

Hey if Detroit doesn't want Semin, then so be it...I say go full force for Bobby Ryan...Filppula, Mursak, Tatar a couple of extras should get the job done... A legit PROVEN 2nd line center (who will be as smooth as cake and butter with Selanne(assuming he'll play agian)) and two young prospects with tons of potential...

Trade for Ryan, trade for Defenseman, sign Doan...hold on tight!

Typical politically correct comment that doesn't mean much. Although Pens are sure to be after Semin and he probably would like playing with Geno.

Word is Pens are reluctant to offer anything long-term since they have Malkin to sign soon.

Wings can spend, and they can easily offer 3-4 or even 5 years. Holland should NOT be outbid on this one.

Agree on Pitts situation. They also have Kunitz, Sutter, Letang, Orpik and Niskanen to lock up the same year as Geno. I think the max offer Pitts would make Semin is 2 years, but who knows for sure?