• This topic is locked This topic is locked
427 replies to this topic

#121 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

So, Semin saying "I don't know" inclines you to believe we have a shot?

"I don't know" is probably just a phrase he is using to avoid talking about it. Might not mean anything either way.

#122 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

https://twitter.com/alexsemin

Is this actually Semin? If so he's a pretty funny dude, if not it's strange...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#123 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Considering the things he jokes about on there, I highly highly doubt it. Funny though..

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#124 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Clearly states in the profile that it's a parody account.

#125 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Semin has the ability to be an excellent player, perhaps even better than Parise. His amount of sheer talent is huge, and he is capable of very solid two-way play. What has been at issue is his willingness to work hard on every shift.

Like I said in another thread, kinda changed my mind a bit, if he accepts an one year deal worth 5,5, try it. Just better than a guy like Parise seems like a bit of a stretch.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#126 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

If Q gets awarded a contract Kenny likes....sign him, sign Semin, Doan and Kubina....I can see Kenny doing that... Not my wish for this team, but Semin and Doan will help out for sure! That's 70-80 goals right there!

Really? You think Kubina is worth 20 goals?
Semin 30 goals, Doan 20 goals......hmmmm, your math is bad bro!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#127 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

How long has it been since we had a guy who could pick the corners? 2009...Hossa? He only had a measly 40 goals that season and drew enough defensive attention to allow Franzen a career year. However, I don't care if Semin came here and didn't put up 40. If he had 25, Franzen had 25, Datsyuk had 20 and about 50 assists, I'd be thrilled. How is that not better than Datsyuk at 20, Franzen at 28, and Bertuzzi at 14?

Plus, this allows us to put Bertuzzi and Sammy, or Bertuzzi and Cleary on the third line, which is a mismatch against most teams in the league.

Finally, as I've said all along. The criticisms of Semin are more appropriately criticisms of Bruce Boudreau, under who's tutelage each and every single member of the Washington Capitals could be termed a "lazy, unmotivated, inconsistent, under achiever".

I like this signing...especially at this point.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#128 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

On a one year deal I'd be happy with Semin, playing with Datsyuk and having Babs and Renney in his ear he could do some great things. Semin and Doan would be ideal, then move out some forwards in a deal for Yandle or whoever. Still alot of options for Holland.

#NOMOREKINDL

#129 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

How long has it been since we had a guy who could pick the corners? 2009...Hossa? He only had a measly 40 goals that season and drew enough defensive attention to allow Franzen a career year. However, I don't care if Semin came here and didn't put up 40. If he had 25, Franzen had 25, Datsyuk had 20 and about 50 assists, I'd be thrilled. How is that not better than Datsyuk at 20, Franzen at 28, and Bertuzzi at 14?

Plus, this allows us to put Bertuzzi and Sammy, or Bertuzzi and Cleary on the third line, which is a mismatch against most teams in the league.

Finally, as I've said all along. The criticisms of Semin are more appropriately criticisms of Bruce Boudreau, under who's tutelage each and every single member of the Washington Capitals could be termed a "lazy, unmotivated, inconsistent, under achiever".

I like this signing...especially at this point.

God i miss hossa

#130 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

Lets get ONE thing straight: the wings need to get Semin at whatever cost is necessary. The situation is dire NOW.

#131 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

What a tool to make such a terrible reputation for himself. Got to keep it classy and professional like Dats. Come here for a couple years for cheap, let us rebuild your reputation and show you how it's done. Then go make your payday somewhere else after your reputation is somewhat salvaged.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#132 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

I hope for a one year deal at most. Semin should be kept on a tight leash.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#133 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

I do not see him sigbing a one year deal, if we want Semin we are going to need to show more faith in him than any other team. 3-4 year term between 4-6 million... I know that's a big risk but lets face it the high reward part of this is sky high. The talent is there, the question is how often under a new coach. I think we should give him the chance. It's worth the risk in my mind especially at a 4-t million dollar cap hit... Worst case scenario is he stays around 50-60 points (which I doubt) but I bet he is 1st or 2nd on our team with goals those 3-4 years... Just my 2 cents

#134 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

As much as a one year deal for signing Semin for us would be great. I don't see Semin signing a one year deal with us. I highly doubt if the Penguins are interested in Semin they are offering a one year deal. IDK but call it a hunch.

Something tells me IF and only IF it's a one year deal it will be worth a little more than 6 million maybe more. Blah

#135 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Two or three years would be ideal. Limiting his no movement options will be the key.

#136 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Do some of you think we are talking about Alexander Nadulov instead of Alexander Semin? Radulov sucks & all the pundits make Semin sound as bad as him. That's BS. Except for his first season (52GP/22Pts) Semin has been at least a 1/2 point/game guy, with most of his seasons being closer to 1pt/gm or higher. He's also been a plus in +/- for his last 5 seasons. Doesn't sound that lazy. I'm more concerned about his nit-picky injuries than laziness, especially with a potential pairing with Pavel.

http://sports.yahoo....dKGRYwxbZ5ivLYF

Edited by ElCapitan, 06 July 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#137 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Khan on the huge show just said the wings would have to be very desperate to go after Semin. He doesn't feel they are very interested in him.

#138 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#139 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm not a big fan of Semin, but can a player with his past production and potential be THAT bad on a team with a solid locker room like the Wings? He and Pavel had great chemistry at WC and we have the space to give him the pay, even if the term isn't long. Is he really so toxic that we aren't even taking a swing at him?

#140 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Semin,datsyuk line was amazing at the worlds. Watching semin play in this years playoffs he played fantastic like he was trying to prove something. it's scary to think how much it would help pavel on a line with him. Pavel would actually have a sniper something we've been lacking since 81 left.