• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Quincey files for arbitration

Rate this topic

Ok, there are two of these threads, which one do we starting talking in and which one is gonna be deleted?

Anyhow, I hope that Q gets awarded a lessor contract than he was offered! Just like Hudler did in 2009, Holland offered Hudler $3.5M and he went to arbitration (before bolting to Russia) and was awarded $2.8M..

Holland does have to option to refuse the awarded contract and let Q become a UFA...or he can trade his rights, RIGHT NOW! If Holland accepts the arbitrator's contract he cannot be traded for a year...

anything over $3.5M and Kenny needs to let him become a UFA...we really didn't need that 1st round pick anyhow, Kenny drafted some great youngsters! He probably would've traded it for a second 2nd round pick anyhow...trust Kenny...just no Q at $3.5M or higher...

Wonder if Abdelkader has an offer from another team or is looking for an offer.

Muskegon is close to Wisconsin, which is close to St. Paul....The State of Hockey....Team USA teammates....just saying....where is centcougar with that inside info?

Edited by LeftWinger

Quincey was bad with us, but he's got the potential to be a very good defenseman. Something just wasn't clicking.

Quincey can do everything, hit, shoot, pass, and skate, just a matter of putting it together. I have a good feeling about him this season.

Quincey was bad with us, but he's got the potential to be a very good defenseman. Something just wasn't clicking.

Quincey can do everything, hit, shoot, pass, and skate, just a matter of putting it together. I have a good feeling about him this season.

He was getting top-pair minutes in Colorado the last two seasons. I have a feeling he was just having trouble adjusting to the system and we will see a much improved Quincy this year.

for whatever reason hes been a bust in detroit , hes been better elsewhere im ready to give him a chance but this arbitration crap is pissing me off , wtf does he think hes worth??? 4-5 ??? dream on

if hes being a b*tch now theres no doubt when he can be a ufa he will test the market, to think we could of had a quality pick at 19, could of picked the russian goalie yzerman took or malcolm subban , we could of had a top goalie pick along with potentially mrazek and wed be set at net for the future

i got a feeling quincey aint for long in detroit , starting to think that 1st round pick was a big waste of time ... can anyone tell me if quincey signs for 1 year will he be a ufa in 2013????

if so i think hes gone

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Meh, this is his right. He's probably seeing how things are developing and assuming he's going to be playing alot and should get his money's worth!

I'd be surprised if he received anything outrageous that Detroit wouldn't accept, given our deficiencies on the back end and the fact we just gave up a first for him.

Had a thought. Maybe he was doing us a favor by filing. Now no one can make him any obscene offers that we wouldn't match. Maybe he wants to play here on his own terms, not what someone else thinks he's worth. Doubtful. But maybe.

Had a thought. Maybe he was doing us a favor by filing. Now no one can make him any obscene offers that we wouldn't match. Maybe he wants to play here on his own terms, not what someone else thinks he's worth. Doubtful. But maybe.

I'm trying to remember exactly how it works but that's a good point. By filing arbitration, doesn't that prohibit any other teams from extending offer sheets, essentially committing him to the Wings? (Short of running to the KHL after filing arbitration of course)

EDIT: Just did a little homework and it's true, by filing for arbitration, Quincey cannot sign an offer sheet from another team.

Not a big fan of Quincey, but the Red Wings are in no position to just let him go. Not much reason for optimism after his performance coming back to Detroit, but hopefully he improves in a full season and cuts down on the really stupid penalties.

If the Red Wings were deep on defense at all, I would be fine with not having Quincey back. Unfortunately Stuart is gone and a first round pick was already blown.