• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Quincey files for arbitration

Rate this topic

I think this basically means that the Wings have a bit longer to negotiate with Quincey. I assume (hope) that's the only reason.

I also hope that Abs not filing means he's close to signing.

Imagine Kenny thought he was getting Suter and offered him something lower. There is nothing wrong with saying " I don't think that is fair market value" and filing for arbitration. He just wants to be paid what he is worth....if Harrison gets 6million a year, Q will probably get around 4. He is a better defenseman than he showed us last year so hopefully this all works out.

I think this basically means that the Wings have a bit longer to negotiate with Quincey. I assume (hope) that's the only reason.

I also hope that Abs not filing means he's close to signing.

I think Abby will move on.with the signing of Too Too, Abs lost anything unique he offers this team.

Imagine Kenny thought he was getting Suter and offered him something lower. There is nothing wrong with saying " I don't think that is fair market value" and filing for arbitration. He just wants to be paid what he is worth....if Harrison gets 6million a year, Q will probably get around 4. He is a better defenseman than he showed us last year so hopefully this all works out.

I think Abby will move on.with the signing of Too Too, Abs lost anything unique he offers this team.

I disagree....he's still a gritty player who is a good 4th line guy with some skill and willing fighter. You can't think that Tootoo at 5'9 190 something is going to be the only enforcer on the team this year with Stuart gone and Bertuzzi not as much a tough guy since he sucker punched Moore. We need to get back to the days when we had a grind line who was willing to mix it up, guys of old like McCarty and Maltby. Tootoo fought 5 times last year, Abby 6. Plus, Abby is a pretty good skater. I think him with Helm and Tootoo would make a fun line to watch.

As for Quincey, i'll reserve judgement. He hasn't been here that long so he owes the organization nothing. And he's only doing what a majority of the people on this forum would do.....negotiate the best contract he can for him and his family. He knows we struck out with Suter and need a young defenseman.....and we have the money, so from a business side it's smart on his part. I hope he pans out b/c he does have a nice skillset.

Everyone sees arbitration and labels the player as a villain, but in a lot of cases arbitration is actually a positive. Like others have said, I'm pretty sure it means he's locked into the Wings now. Once arbitration is submitted he is saying he will agree to play with us (or go overseas) for whatever the arbitrator says which could wind up being less than he wants. He just wants to make a case for a higher salary. It's his way of saying he wants to play for us but wants more money.

Not quite as douchey as holding up the team in negotiations forever and then bolting for big money elsewhere.

And like others have said, Quincey just needs time to adapt. I doubt he'll meet his full potential anytime soon, if ever, but he's still a serviceable #4.

And as for Abdelkader not filing, it's probably because he and Holland wrapping up a deal and aren't far apart in what each side is asking for.

Could of had the 19th overall pick...

On top of all the other really good seeming draft picks we got this year. I hate the Quincey trade more and more each day. Quincey played like total s*** when he came to the Wings. he should be awarded league min for his play, not over 3mil.

Guest Crymson

He might get $3.5m-$4m. I think the rules of restricted free agency require him to get a raise, but his last two seasons have not been stellar.

Guest Heaten

On top of all the other really good seeming draft picks we got this year. I hate the Quincey trade more and more each day. Quincey played like total s*** when he came to the Wings. he should be awarded league min for his play, not over 3mil.

Wow, just wow.

Come on people.he's been here like 20 games or so and we are throwing him under the bus already.

I'm not saying he's going to be a stud,but definitely want to see him playing more to judge him.

The risk would be more manageable if we didn't have E signed to such an overvalued contract. Thaat could be 7 million tied up in D men that are not special.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Can Kenny trade Quincey and Abs to Phoenix for Yandle? Normally I'd let Quincey walk but we have 6 dman right now including Quincey. The guy is using his leverage to take advantage of it.

I love how when you read a topic like this on LGW the first like 20 posts are f*** Q, he sucks anyway, what an *******! Then as you read on and people have had some actual time to think before posting the first thing that popped into their head someones like "wait....maybe this was just a business decision by his agent, nothing personal" and then a little after that "wait...this could be good for us actually" LOL

Q is probably going to get awarded something like 3.5 to 4 million (only $250,000 - $750,000 more than he would have got without the arb) and it takes him off the offer sheet market for other teams in a league that is desperate for D-men. THIS IS A WIN WIN. He get a little more dough and it stops a poop team from offering him 5 million in an offer sheet. I would be fine losing him on an offer sheet and taking the picks...but now that we lost Lids and Stuart and didnt land Suter we CANNOT afford to lose another d-man period. Arb was probably agreed to be valuable for both sides

Abdelkader is a less desirable commodity and is expendable right now. If he filed for arb Holland could either say to him "f*** you we got tootoo, just go to UFA *****" or "we want you, just give us time to dump some forwards before we solidify a contract"....Abby will get fair money from Holland anyway.

He might get $3.5m-$4m. I think the rules of restricted free agency require him to get a raise, but his last two seasons have not been stellar.

I found this about NHL salary arbitration "The team cannot request a reduction in salary of greater than 15%". So I think a raise is not a guarantee. He might just remain at ~$3M.

Guest The Axe

Tootoo, gustavson, samuelsson, bertuzzi, and quincey. 13 million per year for JUNK. Great job Holland.

Pretty ideal - I think the Wings still have time to sign a deal with him (without other teams sending offer sheets) and if it does come down to arbitration, Quincey is only signed for 1 or 2 years.

Guest Crymson

Can Kenny trade Quincey and Abs to Phoenix for Yandle? Normally I'd let Quincey walk but we have 6 dman right now including Quincey. The guy is using his leverage to take advantage of it.

Do you truly think that this is a trade scenario acceptable to the Coyotes?

Take the damn picks and let him go.

This team is looking more and more like Edmonton by the second.

We are about an inch from calling this a "rebuilding" team..

We are most likely going to see every top player from Grand Rapids on the Wings roster next year no doubt about it. Im sure the NHL12 crew is all over it but there are real problems with experience on our team. When all is said and done we have Kron as the D mentor and Z, D and Mule as the mentors for the forwards. As great as they are, thats not a deep group for training the new recruits.

I have this feeling that Holland expected Ericcson to learn more from Nicky before he left and now that hes gone and its obvious Pylon didnt pick up much, hes trying to just put a full roster together with whatever is available.

Lets pray we dont hae injuries that require calling up from the 2nd line of the Griffins since the 1st line will already be on the Wings..

There are the Chicken Littles and the Poly Annas on this board and I think the sky is falling..