• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Come on people.he's been here like 20 games or so and we are throwing him under the bus already.
I'm not saying he's going to be a stud,but definitely want to see him playing more to judge him.

#22 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Had a thought. Maybe he was doing us a favor by filing. Now no one can make him any obscene offers that we wouldn't match. Maybe he wants to play here on his own terms, not what someone else thinks he's worth. Doubtful. But maybe.

I'm trying to remember exactly how it works but that's a good point. By filing arbitration, doesn't that prohibit any other teams from extending offer sheets, essentially committing him to the Wings? (Short of running to the KHL after filing arbitration of course)

EDIT: Just did a little homework and it's true, by filing for arbitration, Quincey cannot sign an offer sheet from another team.

#23 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

We need him.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#24 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Not a big fan of Quincey, but the Red Wings are in no position to just let him go. Not much reason for optimism after his performance coming back to Detroit, but hopefully he improves in a full season and cuts down on the really stupid penalties.

If the Red Wings were deep on defense at all, I would be fine with not having Quincey back. Unfortunately Stuart is gone and a first round pick was already blown.

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

I just hope he is not awarded $3.5M or more...if he is I would hope Holland lets him go UFA..that is just my opinion...odds are he will get $4M+ though.....yech!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.00 PPG

#26 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I think this basically means that the Wings have a bit longer to negotiate with Quincey. I assume (hope) that's the only reason.

I also hope that Abs not filing means he's close to signing.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#27 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Shocked hes doing this my guess is Kenny lowballed him big time?

#28 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

This really sucks.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#29 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

It's a business decision, Quincey holds must of the power right now, he knows the Red Wings need defensemen, and he knows they have plenty of money.

Not a big deal, just his agent looking out for his player's best interest.

#30 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Imagine Kenny thought he was getting Suter and offered him something lower. There is nothing wrong with saying " I don't think that is fair market value" and filing for arbitration. He just wants to be paid what he is worth....if Harrison gets 6million a year, Q will probably get around 4. He is a better defenseman than he showed us last year so hopefully this all works out.

I think this basically means that the Wings have a bit longer to negotiate with Quincey. I assume (hope) that's the only reason.

I also hope that Abs not filing means he's close to signing.

I think Abby will move on.with the signing of Too Too, Abs lost anything unique he offers this team.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#31 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

130 years, 98 millions of taiwan dollars.

that would be fair.

#32 FedorovFan5

FedorovFan5

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Imagine Kenny thought he was getting Suter and offered him something lower. There is nothing wrong with saying " I don't think that is fair market value" and filing for arbitration. He just wants to be paid what he is worth....if Harrison gets 6million a year, Q will probably get around 4. He is a better defenseman than he showed us last year so hopefully this all works out.

I think Abby will move on.with the signing of Too Too, Abs lost anything unique he offers this team.

I disagree....he's still a gritty player who is a good 4th line guy with some skill and willing fighter. You can't think that Tootoo at 5'9 190 something is going to be the only enforcer on the team this year with Stuart gone and Bertuzzi not as much a tough guy since he sucker punched Moore. We need to get back to the days when we had a grind line who was willing to mix it up, guys of old like McCarty and Maltby. Tootoo fought 5 times last year, Abby 6. Plus, Abby is a pretty good skater. I think him with Helm and Tootoo would make a fun line to watch.

As for Quincey, i'll reserve judgement. He hasn't been here that long so he owes the organization nothing. And he's only doing what a majority of the people on this forum would do.....negotiate the best contract he can for him and his family. He knows we struck out with Suter and need a young defenseman.....and we have the money, so from a business side it's smart on his part. I hope he pans out b/c he does have a nice skillset.

#33 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Some people should calm down a bit and take it easy. I really don't think this is a bullsh*t move by Quincey. And not only is Ken Holland not upset, he agrees with Quincey.

http://www.mlive.com..._kyle_quin.html

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Shocked hes doing this my guess is Kenny lowballed him big time?

Or he thinks he's the next Bobby Orr.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#35 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,248 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Everyone sees arbitration and labels the player as a villain, but in a lot of cases arbitration is actually a positive. Like others have said, I'm pretty sure it means he's locked into the Wings now. Once arbitration is submitted he is saying he will agree to play with us (or go overseas) for whatever the arbitrator says which could wind up being less than he wants. He just wants to make a case for a higher salary. It's his way of saying he wants to play for us but wants more money.

Not quite as douchey as holding up the team in negotiations forever and then bolting for big money elsewhere.

And like others have said, Quincey just needs time to adapt. I doubt he'll meet his full potential anytime soon, if ever, but he's still a serviceable #4.

And as for Abdelkader not filing, it's probably because he and Holland wrapping up a deal and aren't far apart in what each side is asking for.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#36 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Could of had the 19th overall pick...

On top of all the other really good seeming draft picks we got this year. I hate the Quincey trade more and more each day. Quincey played like total s*** when he came to the Wings. he should be awarded league min for his play, not over 3mil.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#37 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I don't see what all the Quincey hate is for. The guys pretty solid. Not bad defensively, he hits, and can jump up in the play offensively. And he's younger. I think hes a great depth dman

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

He might get $3.5m-$4m. I think the rules of restricted free agency require him to get a raise, but his last two seasons have not been stellar.

#39 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

On top of all the other really good seeming draft picks we got this year. I hate the Quincey trade more and more each day. Quincey played like total s*** when he came to the Wings. he should be awarded league min for his play, not over 3mil.

Wow, just wow.

#40 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Come on people.he's been here like 20 games or so and we are throwing him under the bus already.
I'm not saying he's going to be a stud,but definitely want to see him playing more to judge him.

The risk would be more manageable if we didn't have E signed to such an overvalued contract. Thaat could be 7 million tied up in D men that are not special.