• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YzermanRULES19

Dear Mr. Holland: Forget about FA, trade for Yandle and Ryan

Rate this topic

The main stumbling block in any potemtial trade is the fact any team Kenny talks to will want Smith as part of the deal. Kenny can't afford to subract from his blue line. Which is why he is finding it so hard to make an impact trade right now.

I see, but here is what I think. Anaheim seemed confident enough in their D that they traded Vishnovsky (sp?) away. I really don't think acquiring Ryan would cost us Smith...Nyquist maybe, but I think Kenny could get away with Tatar instead since he seems nearly ready to make the jump. The Wings wouldn't miss Tatar especially with the other's in our top 10 prospects PLUS the guys they picked up this June...

I feel the most important thing to do is trade for Bobby Ryan...why? Not only will he be great here (as he is in ANA) but next season BOTH Getzlaf and Perry are UFA's...would they be butt buddies like Parise/Suter and want to go somewhere together? If Bobby Ryan were here, it could give Detroit a bit of an advantage in that...even if just one joined him here...

Odds are Quincey will get signed (blah) unless he is awarded a God awful contract...Trade for Ryan, Sign Doan... accept Q's contract if it is low enough and go from there...next season...try to score Weber (as will the rest of the NHL) and then try to get Perry or Getzlaf...

I cannot stress enough how important getting Bobby Ryan has on the future of this franchise...Filppula will get a $5M contract next July, Ryan is signed for two more after this at $5.1M...next year, Ryan at $5.1M is far more valuable than Fil at $5M. I love Filppula, but have problem giving him up in a package to get Ryan...as long as it doesn't cost Smith...get the deal done!

edit: Also if Holland wants to keep Kindl at #7, he could sign Kubina...

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Shane Doan ($5.750m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Pavel Kubina ($3.000m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.550m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,383,712; BONUSES: $462,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,816,288

I am actually ok with this roster...I have obviously traded Filppula, Cleary, Mursak and Emmerton all in various fashions...I am not saying that is the package to get Ryan by no means. But Filppula, Mursak, Tatar, pick should do it. Then Cleary could just be traded for a 3rd round pick and Emmerton can be traded as well for a pick. For the record, I'd much rather trade Franzine, but Anaheim would take Filppula or sure...

Hey i like the ryan idea and the possibility of him luring getz or perry next year.

Edited by Probie

Ryan will be traded out of the west, if he is really avaiable. Yandle the same.

In reality there are no players avaiable to make us a cupcontender this year.

Wonder is LA thought that when they acquired a few guys at the trade deadline

Yes, agree....he has to cut loose Franzine or Filppula and make a splash...btw, I don't think I have seen you post on here for years!

a trade for Ryan a trade for Yandle and sign Doan... that would be a nice roster to move forward with! If he is a UFA next year, I am sure Holland will heavily pursue Weber, hopefully with a better outcome, but I am sure centcougar will have the inside scoop on that one...when the time comes...

Agreed, I think both Franzen and FIlppula should be cut loose. Franzen is too streaky and I cannot see FIlppula take the next step while being in the shadow of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

I'm almost certain that the Red WIngs will sign Semin, not Doan. I'm not too thrilled about this but hopefully he will produce alongside Datsyuk. As for trading I would love to get Ryan but as for defense, I would prefer Bouwmeester over Yandle, simply because I think Bouwmeester would be able to develop into a force in Detroit.

As for me not posting in years, no I have mostly been reading for the last years, but I have always followed the Red Wings and now I'm back!

Semin is gonna get a long deal from either us or the pens... I say 4 years at the most but you gotta know he will have options so yes we will have to overpay or give a longer contract than we want. I think, given the leagues perception of him, he will want a longer term contract more importantly. Consider us lucky if we can get him for 3 years

JBou will be a player a lot more easily obtained... Franzen, Cleary, and Bert... Flames get a long term goal scorer and we can ditch our dead weight and let our kids play... Franzen for JBou should be a good deal straight up but I want holland to dump these guys salary as well

JBou will be a player a lot more easily obtained... Franzen, Cleary, and Bert... Flames get a long term goal scorer and we can ditch our dead weight and let our kids play... Franzen for JBou should be a good deal straight up but I want holland to dump these guys salary as well

Let's be realistic here, the pool of available elite defensemen is not deep. The Red Wings will still need to pay a price for a top defenseman like Boumeester. I dont see the Flames taking on Cleary and Bertuzzi. It will take Franzen and a solid prospect minimum.

Let's be realistic here, the pool of available elite defensemen is not deep. The Red Wings will still need to pay a price for a top defenseman like Boumeester. I dont see the Flames taking on Cleary and Bertuzzi. It will take Franzen and a solid prospect minimum.

As much as I really don't like JayBo, I don't think it would take much to land him. He's been pretty disappointing for Calgary thus far and there were talks of trading him throughout last season. Still, with his cap hit, the only way I'd be okay with the deal is if we didn't have to give much to get him.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Semin is gonna get a long deal from either us or the pens... I say 4 years at the most but you gotta know he will have options so yes we will have to overpay or give a longer contract than we want. I think, given the leagues perception of him, he will want a longer term contract more importantly. Consider us lucky if we can get him for 3 years

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Semin to a 3yr/15mil contract. I think that's a slight over payment but compared to the salaries out there around the league not too bad.

I think Ken Holland would be too embarrassed to make that offer to the Flames for Bouwmeester. He would be laughed out of the room. I would think the Flames want young assets not older, close to retirement players. People are so unrealistic.

If I remember correctly the Flames had been "quietly shopping" Bouwmeester since the 2011 draft; he's not exactly a hot commodity, and with the little interest comes bits, and pieces of speculation.

I'm pretty certain they'd consider any reasonable offer since he's been a bit of a disappointment.

I've never heard the Flames were shopping Bouwmeester. Although they've had inquiries about him. 2 years left on Bouwmeester's cap of 6.7 (i like to round up) isn't bad per say. I mean if the price was right is the question. Cause Franzen for Bouwmeester isn't reasonable considering what Bouwmeester hasn't done. I don't know I'm not a huge fan of Bouwmeester there might be better options maybe maybe not.

Guest Crymson

Bouwmeester is crap. He skates well and that's it. He's makes bonehead moves in the defensive zone and does not produce much offensively.

I can see how some may not see it as a good trade for us, but then again how productive, or effective has Franzen been for us (be it the reg season, or playoffs) these past 2 seasons?

Calgary, and Detroit would be swapping what we feel are underachievers; JBo costs more in cap space, but for only 2 seasons while Franzen has that never ending contract.

Outside of trading for Bouwmeester, or Yandle I kinda see limitations in UFA when ya consider our Dmen need the ability to play the puck possession game; Rozsival might be the most capable of what's left.

Bouwmeester is a bad defenseman with an oversized contract. Franzen scores 25-30 goals per season. We would be swapping 25-30 goals per season for a bad defenseman. No thanks.