• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Semin is gonna get a long deal from either us or the pens... I say 4 years at the most but you gotta know he will have options so yes we will have to overpay or give a longer contract than we want. I think, given the leagues perception of him, he will want a longer term contract more importantly. Consider us lucky if we can get him for 3 years

JBou will be a player a lot more easily obtained... Franzen, Cleary, and Bert... Flames get a long term goal scorer and we can ditch our dead weight and let our kids play... Franzen for JBou should be a good deal straight up but I want holland to dump these guys salary as well

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Semin to a 3yr/15mil contract. I think that's a slight over payment but compared to the salaries out there around the league not too bad.

I think Ken Holland would be too embarrassed to make that offer to the Flames for Bouwmeester. He would be laughed out of the room. I would think the Flames want young assets not older, close to retirement players. People are so unrealistic.

#62 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think Ken Holland would be too embarrassed to make that offer to the Flames for Bouwmeester. He would be laughed out of the room. I would think the Flames want young assets not older, close to retirement players. People are so unrealistic.

I honestly believe an even swap of Franzen for Bouwmeester is reasonable.

Bouwmeester hasn't lived up to expectations; his $6.6 million per year for another 2 years is nothing to be desired for the Flames...The Flames like any rival club want talented youth in return - however if there's not a big demand for Bouwmeester (which from what I've read there isn't) - what can the Flames ask for in return?

As for JBo - he's still a legit top pairing Dman with good size, and overall skills - just that he's never became the Norris Trophy Dman the Flames had hoped...In Detroit he could possibly flourish with the puck possession game, and if he doesn't - well it's 2 years of tolerating him on our blueline...Personally I think it just might be worth the gamble.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#63 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Did I miss something cause since when was Jay Bouwmeester's name on the trading block? I've heard Yandle's name but not Bouwmeester's...

#64 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Did I miss something cause since when was Jay Bouwmeester's name on the trading block? I've heard Yandle's name but not Bouwmeester's...

If I remember correctly the Flames had been "quietly shopping" Bouwmeester since the 2011 draft; he's not exactly a hot commodity, and with the little interest comes bits, and pieces of speculation.

I'm pretty certain they'd consider any reasonable offer since he's been a bit of a disappointment.

#65 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

If I remember correctly the Flames had been "quietly shopping" Bouwmeester since the 2011 draft; he's not exactly a hot commodity, and with the little interest comes bits, and pieces of speculation.

I'm pretty certain they'd consider any reasonable offer since he's been a bit of a disappointment.

I've never heard the Flames were shopping Bouwmeester. Although they've had inquiries about him. 2 years left on Bouwmeester's cap of 6.7 (i like to round up) isn't bad per say. I mean if the price was right is the question. Cause Franzen for Bouwmeester isn't reasonable considering what Bouwmeester hasn't done. I don't know I'm not a huge fan of Bouwmeester there might be better options maybe maybe not.

#66 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

I've never heard the Flames were shopping Bouwmeester. Although they've had inquiries about him. 2 years left on Bouwmeester's cap of 6.7 (i like to round up) isn't bad per say. I mean if the price was right is the question. Cause Franzen for Bouwmeester isn't reasonable considering what Bouwmeester hasn't done. I don't know I'm not a huge fan of Bouwmeester there might be better options maybe maybe not.

I can see how some may not see it as a good trade for us, but then again how productive, or effective has Franzen been for us (be it the reg season, or playoffs) these past 2 seasons?

Calgary, and Detroit would be swapping what we feel are underachievers; JBo costs more in cap space, but for only 2 seasons while Franzen has that never ending contract.

Outside of trading for Bouwmeester, or Yandle I kinda see limitations in UFA when ya consider our Dmen need the ability to play the puck possession game; Rozsival might be the most capable of what's left.

#67 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

Bouwmeester is crap. He skates well and that's it. He's makes bonehead moves in the defensive zone and does not produce much offensively.

I can see how some may not see it as a good trade for us, but then again how productive, or effective has Franzen been for us (be it the reg season, or playoffs) these past 2 seasons?

Calgary, and Detroit would be swapping what we feel are underachievers; JBo costs more in cap space, but for only 2 seasons while Franzen has that never ending contract.

Outside of trading for Bouwmeester, or Yandle I kinda see limitations in UFA when ya consider our Dmen need the ability to play the puck possession game; Rozsival might be the most capable of what's left.

Bouwmeester is a bad defenseman with an oversized contract. Franzen scores 25-30 goals per season. We would be swapping 25-30 goals per season for a bad defenseman. No thanks.