^ Link in Swedish, heres the translation.
Fabian wants to highlight in Detroit
Rögle Fans can stop hoping. Fabian Brunnstrom gets the chance to try their wings in Detroit for another season. "They want me back," he says.
Fabian Brunnstrom is back in Sweden. Now, everything that he gets the chance for revenge in the NHL team Detroit Red Wings. HD / NST Britt-Mari Olsson
Hockey. Jonstorp Bördige Fabian Brunnstrom will meet and shake hands with a smile. The likeable 27-year-old is back in their home environment after a first season with his dream team, the Detroit Red Wings, who had been intense in several ways.
Now, everything that he returns to the Swedish team in a few months.
- I had meeting with the coaches and the club's big shot after the season. They said they want me back and that there is a place for me in the Red Wings. Now it's up to me to deserve it, said Brunnstrom.
- I was a little surprised, considering how last season looked like, but it appears that management really believes in me.
Much has changed in the last year. Brunnstrom spent last summer in the dark, hoping for an NHL offer. After a successful training camp, he received a contract with Detroit, where it only got five games.
- I sat on the bench in the first matches and came out of the match tempo. Then once I got to play and would show me the whole team did a really bad game and lost 7-1 against Washington. It feels like it did mark on my season - it was wrong from the beginning.
Instead of living in the NHL came Brunnstrom in the backyard in the minor league AHL, while his wife Sandy was heavily pregnant with the couple's first child.
- The pregnancy was still a concern for me while I put on my injuries. Sometimes you're away for a road trip in two weeks in the AHL schedule is worse and tougher than in the NHL. There are a lot of time in airports and long bus trips.
- Now I'm heading over to play in the NHL, not otherwise, said Brunnstrom.
To succeed in a place he's changed a little in summer lay-up. Last year, this was an almost brutal Russian training.
- Everything has its time. I learn more about what my body needs and have a better idea now. I will practice less ambitious, but if it gets the same number of passes remains to be seen.
Brunnstrom has logged four seasons in North America, but feels he has more to give the world's best league.
- I see it as a chance to make another attempt to beat me into the Red Wings. Had it been another team that wanted me back, I thought maybe different. It makes me a better player all the time, but may not really possible to view it. I need a bit of planning and post-in for a while.
Brunnstrom r slurp up a last sip of juice, and says that the family have a wonderful time in Detroit. Soon he'll sign a two-way contract (which would mean different salaries in the NHL and AHL), which extends over next season.
But first he will have a holiday at home with his son Alexander, learning about the family and friends.
- At home I have another free and without obligation. Detroit is a little on the actual contract writing, they are probably at the World Championships the whole gang and I have a feeling that there might be a little bit. Then it is probably just for writing, I can trust what they say even if it can turn quickly in this business.
This means that Rögle supporters can stop hoping for Wells' s signature before the comeback in the top division.
- I've talked a bit with Rögle and know that they are interested. But I'm set to play for Detroit and until the door is closed, I focus on it, said Brunnstrom.
good to see his head is still with making this team. cant complain about a 2-way deal either. if he sucks he stays in GR, and if hes good he could be part of the future.
Edited by Matt, 06 July 2012 - 08:19 PM.