• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Brunnstrom Update - Expects to sign new 1-yr 2-way deal

Rate this topic

http://hd.se/sport/2...yfta-i-detroit/

^ Link in Swedish, heres the translation.

Fabian wants to highlight in Detroit

Rögle Fans can stop hoping. Fabian Brunnstrom gets the chance to try their wings in Detroit for another season. "They want me back," he says.

Artwork

bm_fabian_brunnstro_680326c.jpg Fabian Brunnstrom is back in Sweden. Now, everything that he gets the chance for revenge in the NHL team Detroit Red Wings. HD / NST Britt-Mari Olsson

Hockey. Jonstorp Bördige Fabian Brunnstrom will meet and shake hands with a smile. The likeable 27-year-old is back in their home environment after a first season with his dream team, the Detroit Red Wings, who had been intense in several ways.

Now, everything that he returns to the Swedish team in a few months.

- I had meeting with the coaches and the club's big shot after the season. They said they want me back and that there is a place for me in the Red Wings. Now it's up to me to deserve it, said Brunnstrom.

- I was a little surprised, considering how last season looked like, but it appears that management really believes in me.

Much has changed in the last year. Brunnstrom spent last summer in the dark, hoping for an NHL offer. After a successful training camp, he received a contract with Detroit, where it only got five games.

- I sat on the bench in the first matches and came out of the match tempo. Then once I got to play and would show me the whole team did a really bad game and lost 7-1 against Washington. It feels like it did mark on my season - it was wrong from the beginning.

Instead of living in the NHL came Brunnstrom in the backyard in the minor league AHL, while his wife Sandy was heavily pregnant with the couple's first child.

- The pregnancy was still a concern for me while I put on my injuries. Sometimes you're away for a road trip in two weeks in the AHL schedule is worse and tougher than in the NHL. There are a lot of time in airports and long bus trips.

- Now I'm heading over to play in the NHL, not otherwise, said Brunnstrom.

To succeed in a place he's changed a little in summer lay-up. Last year, this was an almost brutal Russian training.

- Everything has its time. I learn more about what my body needs and have a better idea now. I will practice less ambitious, but if it gets the same number of passes remains to be seen.

Brunnstrom has logged four seasons in North America, but feels he has more to give the world's best league.

- I see it as a chance to make another attempt to beat me into the Red Wings. Had it been another team that wanted me back, I thought maybe different. It makes me a better player all the time, but may not really possible to view it. I need a bit of planning and post-in for a while.

Brunnstrom r slurp up a last sip of juice, and says that the family have a wonderful time in Detroit. Soon he'll sign a two-way contract (which would mean different salaries in the NHL and AHL), which extends over next season.

But first he will have a holiday at home with his son Alexander, learning about the family and friends.

- At home I have another free and without obligation. Detroit is a little on the actual contract writing, they are probably at the World Championships the whole gang and I have a feeling that there might be a little bit. Then it is probably just for writing, I can trust what they say even if it can turn quickly in this business.

This means that Rögle supporters can stop hoping for Wells' s signature before the comeback in the top division.

- I've talked a bit with Rögle and know that they are interested. But I'm set to play for Detroit and until the door is closed, I focus on it, said Brunnstrom.

good to see his head is still with making this team. cant complain about a 2-way deal either. if he sucks he stays in GR, and if hes good he could be part of the future.

Edited by Matt

He has a great attitude and I like his thinking process when it comes to the club. He knows what happened last year and he plans on not allowing it to happen again. Now to have a great summer and come out swinging early at training camp. Show em what you got kid.

I really believe Brunnström could be a good NHL player and I'm happy to see that he is not giving up but instead digging in and giving it his all, you only get one shot like this in your life better make the most of it.

good to see his head is still with making this team. cant complain about a 2-way deal either. if he sucks he stays in GR, and if hes good he could be part of the future.

The only thing his two-way deal relates to is his salary at the AHL level. He still has to pass through waivers (although he did last year without anyone claiming him) to get sent back down to GR.

He really needs a fair shot at the Wings line up-He has something special and we have to tap into it, he is a good skater who is strong on the puck, strong on his skates and has a natural scoring ability (which is the scpecial part, not everyone has that). He could be a boost to our bottom 6 imo, or make it funny to call and have Brunnstrom&Brunner. Either way I like Brunnstrom and always thought he looked better with the big club, maybe its a conifidence thing who knows.

Great news! And a great attitude from him.

The one part that I wondered about was this:

Now I'm heading over to play in the NHL, not otherwise, said Brunnstrom.

I know that translations make it hard to really understand things...but it seems he's maybe saying that he'll leave NA if he doesn't get a spot on the Wings? Can anybody that knows Swedish shed some light on that part?

This article is from May 19.

This is a slightly more updated article regarding Brunnstrom from MLive.

“Haven't written him off, but we got a couple of things in play,'' Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said. “We want to explore what's out there. We're looking for certain types of guys (for Grand Rapids).

Looking at the current roster, right now you'd have to say the two odd men out are Emmerton and Mursak (trade for picks maybe?) and if Holland signs Doan, then who is the next to be out? Miller? Eaves? Looks like a trade is going to have to be made...I would still trade Filppula (or Franzine) in a package for Ryan to clear roster spots for Doan and Nyquist....does Nyquist have in waiver options left? If not, things are gonna be crazy! Especially when/if they re-sign Abby! So then who's out? Without a trade of 3 or 4 forwards, we are overstocked and will lose some to waivers I do believe...

For me, trade-able assets up front are Franzine, Filppula, Cleary, Bertuzzi (Holland likes him too much) Mursak, Emmerton, Miller, Eaves...they may choose to trade Abby's rights but, I think Holland likes him too much too! Now if Brunnstrom comes in and makes the team with hard play, then what? Sheesh! I would hope that Holland could turn three of those guys, plus Tatar and a pick into Bobby Ryan...then get a defender somehow without trading Smith or Nyquist...

I know that translations make it hard to really understand things...but it seems he's maybe saying that he'll leave NA if he doesn't get a spot on the Wings? Can anybody that knows Swedish shed some light on that part?

I think Brunnstrom just means his sole goal is to make the NHL. Showing his determination to make it more than saying he won't play in the AHL I think. He knows he won't get a spot right off the bat.

Actually it is very difficult to say even after reading the original article too, but I guess him signing a two way contract might say something about that. He is no stranger to what that means. I would guess that he is saying that he is focused on earning a spot on the Red Wings.