• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Evander Kane is a Better Option than Zach Parise

Rate this topic

I can’t lie; missing out on Ryan Suter was a huge blow to our defense and a run for the cup this coming year. However…

While left wing Zach Parise is a great talent, he is not worth the price Minnesota paid for him. At the prime age of 27 years, Zach Parise scored 31 goals. Kenny Holland was actually pushing the limit offering Parise $90 million over 13 years ($6.92Mp/r).

Left wing Evander Kane on the other hand is 6 years younger, stronger, tougher, and bigger! Not even in his prime yet at 20 years, scored over 30 goals last season. Currently he’s a restricted free agent in Winnipeg. I’d offer Evender Kane a long-term 13 year deal worth $80 million. That’s just over $6 million per year. It will cost the Wings a first, second, and a third rounder. However, in the long-term Evander Kane will become a better value than Zach Parise. Next year we need to gear up to buy Shea Weber.

OFFER COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below None

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 Third-round choice

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 Second-round choice

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 First-round and third-round choice

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 First-round, second-round and third-round choice

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice

Over $8,410,976 Four first-round choices

Guest Crymson

There are two major flaws (well, there are far more than two, but I'll just list two anyway) with your idea:

1) It would make far more sense to simply trade for his rights, given that Kane has indicated an unwillingness to re-sign with the Jets.

2) Giving Kane 13 years at $6m per would be beyond ludicrous. Doing so AND giving up three draft picks in the process would carry the idea into the realm of complete brainlessness.

Edited by Crymson

My point is that Evander Kane will prove to be a better player than Parise. Sign him to a $5,046,585 multi-year deal! Give up a first and a third. Whatever it takes... When a 20 year old scores 30 goals in 74 games, that shows something special.

OFFER COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below None

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice

Guest Crymson

My point is that Evander Kane will prove to be a better player than Parise. Sign him to a $5,046,585 multi-year deal! Give up a first and a third. Whatever it takes... When a 20 year old scores 30 goals in 74 games, that shows something special.

OFFER COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below None

The fact that his rights could be traded for instead continues, for some odd reason, to be unimportant to you.

Guest Hatethedrake!

When was the last time Kenny signed a player to an offer sheet? Answer? Never. Why would he start now? Does anyone really believe that Mr. Conservative would do that?

Win can match any offer sheet, and they likely would. Both Kane and Win management have clarified that they are working on a deal, and that Kane did not request a trade.

Kane is their best player and Win won't be trading him for anything less than an overpayment.

Guest Crymson

When was the last time Kenny signed a player to an offer sheet? Answer? Never. Why would he start now? Does anyone really believe that Mr. Conservative would do that?

How many offer sheets has ANY general manager presented in the past decade?

There may be some better players but Evander Kane is not of them.

How many GMs have used offersheets maybe 5 and despite one all got matched. Also Kane seems not like a good locker room guy so pass on that one.

Caphit of 7.5 for an elite player entering his prime is nearly a bargain.

Edited by frankgrimes

Win can match any offer sheet, and they likely would. Both Kane and Win management have clarified that they are working on a deal, and that Kane did not request a trade.

Kane is their best player and Win won't be trading him for anything less than an overpayment.

the best player on the Jets not named Blake Wheeler you mean... I had the Jets channel and watched over 60 Jets games alone last season, and Wheeler is the best, most consistent, most dynamic player on the Jets. Followed by Kane.

In saying that, if Kenny wanted to acquire Kane to play on the Wings i'd be all for the idea.

Wouldn't mind Kane but what's up with everyone with the 10-13 years contracts. I would give a 5 years 5.5 - 6 / year. I wonder what there looking for in return, probably a roster player with two prospects and maybe even a draft pick!

There is no valid evidence anywhere to suggest that Kane's rights are going to be traded, as far as an offer sheet goes, I doubt it. Actually I am from Atlanta and I know a woman who Kane had a "fling" with, and she insists that he does not like it in Winnipeg, but of course that's just what she says. No doubt Kane would look good with a Winged Wheel though!

Nah let it be make some other signings to fill holes and wait for the right deal. Missing out on some big names and signing someone else for big money just because you feel you need to do something never works. Maybe Kane will end up being amazing he is real good but it doesent feel right to me. The Red Wings should still make the playoffs imo. I think Kronwall will step up and if given the chance I really would like to see what Smith can do on D as well.

I like Kane a lot and he'd be great for the Wings but never thought about it much. He's so young he could learn so much from Z and D (among others) about the role of tradition, along with helping retain one! Id love him to be one of two big offensive deals this offseason. I truley believe if Kenny cant add D he'll add goals. Sorry Jimmy

The fact that his rights could be traded for instead continues, for some odd reason, to be unimportant to you.

We've seen that teams are pretty willing to let players sit out if they won't sign and a trade can't be arranged - see Kyle Turris, and almost Drew Doughty. While I don't agree with actually paying a 20-year-old $5+ million, the fact remains that a first and a third could be a decent price for what is essentially a sign-and-trade.

I can’t lie; missing out on Ryan Suter was a huge blow to our defense and a run for the cup this coming year. However…

While left wing Zach Parise is a great talent, he is not worth the price Minnesota paid for him. At the prime age of 27 years, Zach Parise scored 31 goals. Kenny Holland was actually pushing the limit offering Parise $90 million over 13 years ($6.92Mp/r).

Left wing Evander Kane on the other hand is 6 years younger, stronger, tougher, and bigger! Not even in his prime yet at 20 years, scored over 30 goals last season. Currently he’s a restricted free agent in Winnipeg. I’d offer Evender Kane a long-term 13 year deal worth $80 million. That’s just over $6 million per year. It will cost the Wings a first, second, and a third rounder. However, in the long-term Evander Kane will become a better value than Zach Parise. Next year we need to gear up to buy Shea Weber.

OFFER COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below None

I'm sorry I just have to lol at the fact that people are saying that Parise is getting absurdly overpaid. A month ago, people were making capgeek rosters with Parise and Suter both making $7.5 or above and now they are getting $7.54 AAV and it's overpayment? :eh:

Interesting, but makes no sense. Why wouldn't Holland just trade for his rights? Also...to all you guys saying Winnipeg would certainly match an offer sheet...ah no. They're not high rollers. A team like that would take the free high picks and sign some FAs. If the Wings bid in this range...

Then the Jets would take the picks and let Kane go, easy. But, then we're getting into another absurd over-payment situation.

If the Wings did inquire with the Jets regarding Kane...would they get spooked and be open to trade his rights?

Guest Crymson

I just had a great idea. I love the Jets, and am from Winnipeg, but I can't not throw this idea out there.

Offer the Jets $1 for the rights to Kane.

The CBA exists in large part to prevent the Wings from using these methods anymore. The team would be unstoppable otherwise.