• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Evander Kane is a Better Option than Zach Parise

Rate this topic

I love watching Evander Kane play, and the fact that he's producing as well as he has been at this age on a bad team is very promising (high potential, more so with better linemates), but there's no way any team is going to make him an offer sheet that Winnipeg won't match. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft pick isn't worth as much to the Jets as keeping Kane in Winnipeg long-term. It would take a pretty pricey trade proposal to pry him away because, for my money, Evander Kane is a young star in the making.

I'd love to have a player like this on the wings. Big guy that scores goals and doesn't take s*** from anyone in the league. Definitely would be exciting to see him on Pav's line!

This is a lose-lose, if the the Jets let him go they get a crappy package for a top forward, and for this even to be possible Detroit will need to massively overpay on an offersheet, because the Jets will not just trade him away. So definitely not.

Guest Johnz96

yeah i would trade a few 1st just for his rights.

unlikely holland drafts any future 1st round picks that are as good as this guy

yeah it's his fault for icing teams that never draft in the top 5

Guest Crymson

Sign him Kenny!

4289.jpg

Only if we're getting 1998-2002 Kane. The new version of Kane is lame.

I was 100% being a smart ass

And I was being facetious.

I'm sorry I just have to lol at the fact that people are saying that Parise is getting absurdly overpaid. A month ago, people were making capgeek rosters with Parise and Suter both making $7.5 or above and now they are getting $7.54 AAV and it's overpayment? :eh:

Yeah, but for 13 years?? How many 37-40 year olds in the NHL would you be willing to drop that kind of money on?

Guest Crymson

Kane is a beast! He's worth four first rd picks if were winning back to back to back cups. Those are first rd picks that are projects anyways. Make a pitch kenny

The guy has one repeat ONE thirty-goal season. Does this justify a huge offer sheet and the loss of a bunch of draft picks in the first three rounds?

Guest Crymson

He's 20 years old, has only been in the league for three seasons, and plays for an awful team. The fact that he already has a thirty-goal season is very promising.

When Nathan Horton had his 31-goal season, he was 22, had been in the league for two seasons, and played for a terrible team. Looking back now, would signing him to a huge offer sheet and giving up a bunch of early picks have been worth it? I'll leave you to decide that (but the answer is no).

Kane is intriguing. I think we could swing something but kenny never would. Look at his recent trade history. It just wont happen. We have the assets to make it happen though if he truly doesnt want to sign there for what they want. Teams are going to start considering our draft picks as valuable now that we are declining.

Edited by dirtydangles

To the argument about him playing on a horrible team and still excelling, if you haven't noticed it seems that a lot of players do better on bad teams.

Evander Kane would be amazing to pick up. Hes going to be an Iginla level player and a star in the league. Hes everything Detroit lacks except hes not right handed. A 6'2, 200 lb 20 year old that is blazing fast, tough and going to be a top goal scorer in the league.

If he did want out, I would trade any prospect for him. You cant build a team through free agency, you need to make trades and move some guys around. I would much rather have Kane going forward than Parise

When was the last time Kenny signed a player to an offer sheet? Answer? Never. Why would he start now? Does anyone really believe that Mr. Conservative would do that?

Oh I get it... since it never happens we should never sign an offer sheet. What if the Wings never went to Europe to acquire Federov and Lidstom? "Because most of the other teams didn't." That's a lame excuse. Evander Kane will be in this league for the next 16 years scoring 30 goals every year. BUT... nobody signs offer sheets!

If we offer $5,046,585 per year, I think Winnipeg will cave. They're trying to sign him for $3 or $4 million per year. This way Kane goes to a winning team, earns more money, and Winnipeg gets something for him...1st, 2nd, and a 3rd.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/06/29/jets-pondering-cash-for-kane

Even without Kane, the Jets will have a payroll over $50 million. I doubt they match $5 million. signing that kind of deal would put them very close to a $60 million budget. Their entire revenue for 2011 was $71 million! They also lost $5 million last year! TRUST ME! KANE IS OURS IF WE WANT HIM! http://www.forbes.com/teams/winnipeg-jets/

Oh I get it... since it never happens we should never sign an offer sheet. What if the Wings never went to Europe to acquire Federov and Lidstom? "Because most of the other teams didn't." That's a lame excuse. Evander Kane will be in this league for the next 16 years scoring 30 goals every year. BUT... nobody signs offer sheets!

If we offer $5,046,585 per year, I think Winnipeg will cave. They're trying to sign him for $3 or $4 million per year. This way Kane goes to a winning team, earns more money, and Winnipeg gets something for him...1st, 2nd, and a 3rd.

http://www.winnipegs...g-cash-for-kane

Even without Kane, the Jets will have a payroll over $50 million. I doubt they match $5 million. signing that kind of deal would put them very close to a $60 million budget. Their entire revenue for 2011 was $71 million! They also lost $5 million last year! TRUST ME! KANE IS OURS IF WE WANT HIM! http://www.forbes.co.../winnipeg-jets/

They. Won't. Let. Their. Best. Young. Forward. Go.

Edit: Grammar. Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka_1323731.jpg

Edited by Shaman464

Trying to make a point while using the wrong their? Priceless.

Touche grammar Nazi. My point is that the Jets will not part with Kane via offersheet, hes worth more to them than 4 low first round picks. If they part with him it will be for a roster player plus prospect and picks. This is too much of a sellers market for them to lose him cheaply.

I love the fact that Winnipeg lost $5.4 million last year with $43 million dollar payroll. This new year they only have 19 players signed with a current payroll of $49.3 million. BUT THEY CAN SIGN EVANDER KANE!!!! Yeah right...

They must have U.S. government politicians running the finance department. They're going to be losing at least $10 million if they sign Kane to a $4 million per year contract. The Jets are on an unsustainable position. Winnipeg would be wise to take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks.

Edited by MrBest7