• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Evander Kane is a Better Option than Zach Parise

Rate this topic

I love the fact that Winnipeg lost $5.4 million last year with $43 million dollar payroll. This new year they only have 19 players signed with a current payroll of $49.3 million. BUT THEY CAN SIGN EVANDER KANE!!!! Yeah right...

Well, if the salary cap is $70.2 million for 2012-13, that makes the salary cap floor $54.2 million. Winnipeg has to spend money. And even if they didn't, they could do better than the compensation of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for their young star forward.

If it proves true that Evander Kane doesn't want to commit to Winnipeg, things will get interesting with respect to trade partners, but they will have no shortage of interested GMs calling. I don't think there is any way that Winnipeg loses him to an offer sheet.

The guy has one repeat ONE thirty-goal season. Does this justify a huge offer sheet and the loss of a bunch of draft picks in the first three rounds?

Who's he play on a line with? He's worth the draft picks being our first rd picks are at the back of the pack and we seem to strike gold in rds 3,4,5 so yes he's worth it. Kane has never played wth the talent the wings have.

Guest Crymson

Who's he play on a line with? He's worth the draft picks being our first rd picks are at the back of the pack and we seem to strike gold in rds 3,4,5 so yes he's worth it. Kane has never played wth the talent the wings have.

Success with one team does not necessarily indicate success with all teams; and as someone here noted, it's not uncommon for players to move to a better team and see their production decrease rather than increase. And I'll repeat that he has had ONE 30-goal season. That does not justify serving him a massive offer sheet and losing a bunch of draft picks.

Guest Crymson

Exactly, Resetti.

Exactly why are you on here? Are you on some personal mission to damage morale on a Red Wings message board? That seems like a waste of time.

Well, if the salary cap is $70.2 million for 2012-13, that makes the salary cap floor $54.2 million. Winnipeg has to spend money. And even if they didn't, they could do better than the compensation of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for their young star forward.

But if you listen to some of the other knuckleheads on this forum, nobody else offers a sheet. So... maybe the Red Wings could shock the world and offer Evander to a long-term contract worth $5.05 million each year.

If Winnipeg matches... Wheeler is available next year... and the Jets will be in worse financial shape to sign Wheeler. Do you see what I mean...? Even with a cap... Winnipeg has a hard time competing over time. The franchise only made $71 million last season, which is barely above the current cap. Keep in mind, this was the first year when all the fans were going nuts about the team moving back. Apparel was flying off the shelves. What happens when the fans start becoming complacent?

Success with one team does not necessarily indicate success with all teams; and as someone here noted, it's not uncommon for players to move to a better team and see their production decrease rather than increase. And I'll repeat that he has had ONE 30-goal season. That does not justify serving him a massive offer sheet and losing a bunch of draft picks.

You haven't watched evader Kane play much huh? You act like he was lucky tp score 30 goals in a season. He has size what we need. He has a heavy shot. He is physical and he has speed. Something the wings lack. What does our team lack in? We lack a wing that can finish. To say he only had one good season and that he may not do it here is a reach. Like I stated he has never played on a line with skill like the wings have.

But if you listen to some of the other knuckleheads on this forum, nobody else offers a sheet. So... maybe the Red Wings could shock the world and offer Evander to a long-term contract worth $5.05 million each year.

If Winnipeg matches... Wheeler is available next year... and the Jets will be in worse financial shape to sign Wheeler. Do you see what I mean...? Even with a cap... Winnipeg has a hard time competing over time. The franchise only made $71 million last season, which is barely above the current cap. Keep in mind, this was the first year when all the fans were going nuts about the team moving back. Apparel was flying off the shelves. What happens when the fans start becoming complacent?

The biggest problem here in Winnipeg is that the MTS Centre was made for the Manitoba Moose with a shooting star wish that one day it would house an NHL team. the 15,300 seats in the arena needs to be addressed and have 3000 added. that's on average another $300,000+ profit per game the Jets are losing out on to every other franchise in the NHL. With selling out every game which is done here, it would add over 12.3 million to the final profit amount seeing as there's a huge waiting list for tickets as well as a 5 year waiting list for season tickets. The future here is safe, but is also contingent on an action plan to add more seats to the MTS Centre or just build a proper size NHL rink with about 20,000 seats.

As for Kane and Wheeler signing here with their pay raises coming...there's lots of teams in the NHL that spend to the cap and revenue sharing bails them out. At least in Winnipeg there's fans in the seats. Personally, I think that there's a much better chance of Kane moving than Wheeler who will most likely be re-signed before the trade deadline.

Also, Kane has 1-30 goal season, but he's also 20 years old. His speed, grit and scoring ability would be great for the Wings.

I think you are right. I don't think Kenny would extend an offer to a RFA. He hasn't had to in the past. He has had lots of assets & assets wanted to come here. We aren't stacked enough to be attractive in the same way.

It's a new day for Kenny Holland. He better strike a new ballance between being respectful of other GM's & improving his team. If Kenny Holland was viewed as a rock star today he should be seen as Pat Boone. Who wants to go see Pat Boone? Nobody! Hell, how many people even know who he is?

Edited by pondrocket

oh man....this kid reminds me of shanahan/iginla power forward, scores, moves, fights when needed.

he would be a serious addition for the future.

i would offer sheet him ahead of most others that have been discussed.

a trade though would be a bad idea...winnipeg would want the rights to the great lakes, as well as the gordie statue.

Guest Crymson

Cheveldayoff announced weeks ago that the Jets would match any offer sheet Kane signs.

It's August 3rd and Evander Kane is still out there. He's better than old Shane Doan or Zack Parise.

A 20 year old, 30 goals scorer... In fact, Parise will be considering retirement when Kane is in the middle of his career.

I'd make an offer of $6 million year over ten years. He's worth a first, second, and third.

OFFER COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below None

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 Third-round choice

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 Second-round choice

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 First-round and third-round choice

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 First-round, second-round and third-round choice

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice

Over $8,410,976 Four first-round choices

It would be funny if Holland actually did make some sort of HIGH offer. I just don't see it happening. Winnipeg would probably match any offer and mostly likely that offer of a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It would probably have to be over the $8.4 mark giving up all four 1st's to get him. Not realistic. If those offer compensations are correct of course :P

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Evander Kane has size what we need. He has a heavy shot. He is physical and he has speed. Something the wings lack.

To say he only had one good season and that he may not do it here is a reach.

I say sign Evander Kane to $6 million per year over 10 years. ($60 million) Over time...he will be a steal at that price.

Winnipeg lost – ($5.2) million last year with $43 million player payroll. This year they have a $51 million player payroll without restricted free agent Evander Kane, who is still unsigned. Is Winnipeg willing to increase their payroll budget to $57 million??? They’re trying to sign Kane to a $4 million deal.

Evander’s stock is about to rise...

Matching Evander Kane with the best...

Evander Kane: 74GP, 30G, 27A, +11 ........($6 Million per year) 20 YEARS OLD!!!!!!

Rick Nash: 82GP, 29G, 29A, -19 ...............($7.8 Million per year) 28 years old

Pavel Datsyuk: 70GP, 19G, 48A, +21 .......($6.7 Million per year)34 years old

Henrik Zetterberg: 82GP, 22G, 47A, +14 ($6.1 Million per year) 31 years old

Zack Parise: 82GP, 31G, 38A, -5 ..............($7.54 Million per year) 28 years old

Before you say, “Kane does not deserve Datsyuk and Zetterberg compensation.” If Zetterberg or Datsyuk’s contract were up, they would be signing a $7 million plus contract today. So the going rate is much higher than Zetterberg or Datsyuk’s contract. Also... money received in the past is worth more than the future. (Inflation... Zetterberg and Datsyuk have been spending their millions for several years.)