95 replies to this topic

#21 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Evander Kane is a Better Option than Zach Parise

I can’t lie; missing out on Ryan Suter was a huge blow to our defense and a run for the cup this coming year. However…

While left wing Zach Parise is a great talent, he is not worth the price Minnesota paid for him. At the prime age of 27 years, Zach Parise scored 31 goals. Kenny Holland was actually pushing the limit offering Parise $90 million over 13 years ($6.92Mp/r).

Left wing Evander Kane on the other hand is 6 years younger, stronger, tougher, and bigger! Not even in his prime yet at 20 years, scored over 30 goals last season. Currently he’s a restricted free agent in Winnipeg. I’d offer Evender Kane a long-term 13 year deal worth $80 million. That’s just over $6 million per year. It will cost the Wings a first, second, and a third rounder. However, in the long-term Evander Kane will become a better value than Zach Parise. Next year we need to gear up to buy Shea Weber.

http://youtu.be/vzo8gUTKOlI

OFFER COMPENSATION
$1,110,249 or below None
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 Third-round choice
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 Second-round choice
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 First-round and third-round choice
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 First-round, second-round and third-round choice
Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice
Over $8,410,976 Four first-round choices

I'm sorry I just have to lol at the fact that people are saying that Parise is getting absurdly overpaid. A month ago, people were making capgeek rosters with Parise and Suter both making $7.5 or above and now they are getting $7.54 AAV and it's overpayment? :eh:

#22 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

I approve since IMO he'd help about as much as Nash or Ryan would offensively, he's younger, likely far cheaper, and he can dish out a major ass whoopin'.

#23 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

Interesting, but makes no sense. Why wouldn't Holland just trade for his rights? Also...to all you guys saying Winnipeg would certainly match an offer sheet...ah no. They're not high rollers. A team like that would take the free high picks and sign some FAs. If the Wings bid in this range...

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice

Then the Jets would take the picks and let Kane go, easy. But, then we're getting into another absurd over-payment situation.

If the Wings did inquire with the Jets regarding Kane...would they get spooked and be open to trade his rights?

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

I just had a great idea. I love the Jets, and am from Winnipeg, but I can't not throw this idea out there.

Offer the Jets $1 for the rights to Kane.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#25 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

I just had a great idea. I love the Jets, and am from Winnipeg, but I can't not throw this idea out there.

Offer the Jets $1 for the rights to Kane.

The CBA exists in large part to prevent the Wings from using these methods anymore. The team would be unstoppable otherwise.

#26 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

The CBA exists in large part to prevent the Wings from using these methods anymore. The team would be unstoppable otherwise.

I was 100% being a smart ass

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#27 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

I love watching Evander Kane play, and the fact that he's producing as well as he has been at this age on a bad team is very promising (high potential, more so with better linemates), but there's no way any team is going to make him an offer sheet that Winnipeg won't match. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft pick isn't worth as much to the Jets as keeping Kane in Winnipeg long-term. It would take a pretty pricey trade proposal to pry him away because, for my money, Evander Kane is a young star in the making.

#28 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

yeah i would trade a few 1st just for his rights.

unlikely holland drafts any future 1st round picks that are as good as this guy

#29 CheliFan89

CheliFan89

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'd love to have a player like this on the wings. Big guy that scores goals and doesn't take s*** from anyone in the league. Definitely would be exciting to see him on Pav's line!

#30 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

This is a lose-lose, if the the Jets let him go they get a crappy package for a top forward, and for this even to be possible Detroit will need to massively overpay on an offersheet, because the Jets will not just trade him away. So definitely not.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#31 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Kane is a beast! He's worth four first rd picks if were winning back to back to back cups. Those are first rd picks that are projects anyways. Make a pitch kenny

#32 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

yeah i would trade a few 1st just for his rights.

unlikely holland drafts any future 1st round picks that are as good as this guy

yeah it's his fault for icing teams that never draft in the top 5

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Sign him Kenny!

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Sign him Kenny!

Posted Image

Only if we're getting 1998-2002 Kane. The new version of Kane is lame.

I was 100% being a smart ass

And I was being facetious.

#35 GoOzzieGo

GoOzzieGo

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

I'm sorry I just have to lol at the fact that people are saying that Parise is getting absurdly overpaid. A month ago, people were making capgeek rosters with Parise and Suter both making $7.5 or above and now they are getting $7.54 AAV and it's overpayment? :eh:

Yeah, but for 13 years?? How many 37-40 year olds in the NHL would you be willing to drop that kind of money on?

#36 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

ddin't read this topic but E. Kane is at least RFA at most signed, so we need to trade for him. It is impossible.

Edited by RusDRW, 07 July 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Kane is a beast! He's worth four first rd picks if were winning back to back to back cups. Those are first rd picks that are projects anyways. Make a pitch kenny

The guy has one repeat ONE thirty-goal season. Does this justify a huge offer sheet and the loss of a bunch of draft picks in the first three rounds?

#38 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

He's 20 years old, has only been in the league for three seasons, and plays for an awful team. The fact that he already has a thirty-goal season is very promising.

#39 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

He's 20 years old, has only been in the league for three seasons, and plays for an awful team. The fact that he already has a thirty-goal season is very promising.

When Nathan Horton had his 31-goal season, he was 22, had been in the league for two seasons, and played for a terrible team. Looking back now, would signing him to a huge offer sheet and giving up a bunch of early picks have been worth it? I'll leave you to decide that (but the answer is no).

#40 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

It's a moot point anyway; the Jets aren't moving Kane. They want to lock him long-term, and it's not hard to see why: he has a lot of potential. Whether he reaches it remains to be seen.