• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Kane is intriguing. I think we could swing something but kenny never would. Look at his recent trade history. It just wont happen. We have the assets to make it happen though if he truly doesnt want to sign there for what they want. Teams are going to start considering our draft picks as valuable now that we are declining.

Edited by dirtydangles, 07 July 2012 - 02:57 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#42 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

To the argument about him playing on a horrible team and still excelling, if you haven't noticed it seems that a lot of players do better on bad teams.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#43 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Evander Kane would be amazing to pick up. Hes going to be an Iginla level player and a star in the league. Hes everything Detroit lacks except hes not right handed. A 6'2, 200 lb 20 year old that is blazing fast, tough and going to be a top goal scorer in the league.

If he did want out, I would trade any prospect for him. You cant build a team through free agency, you need to make trades and move some guys around. I would much rather have Kane going forward than Parise

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#44 MrBest7

MrBest7

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

When was the last time Kenny signed a player to an offer sheet? Answer? Never. Why would he start now? Does anyone really believe that Mr. Conservative would do that?

Oh I get it... since it never happens we should never sign an offer sheet. What if the Wings never went to Europe to acquire Federov and Lidstom? "Because most of the other teams didn't." That's a lame excuse. Evander Kane will be in this league for the next 16 years scoring 30 goals every year. BUT... nobody signs offer sheets!

If we offer $5,046,585 per year, I think Winnipeg will cave. They're trying to sign him for $3 or $4 million per year. This way Kane goes to a winning team, earns more money, and Winnipeg gets something for him...1st, 2nd, and a 3rd.

http://www.winnipegs...g-cash-for-kane

Even without Kane, the Jets will have a payroll over $50 million. I doubt they match $5 million. signing that kind of deal would put them very close to a $60 million budget. Their entire revenue for 2011 was $71 million! They also lost $5 million last year! TRUST ME! KANE IS OURS IF WE WANT HIM! http://www.forbes.co.../winnipeg-jets/

#45 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Oh I get it... since it never happens we should never sign an offer sheet. What if the Wings never went to Europe to acquire Federov and Lidstom? "Because most of the other teams didn't." That's a lame excuse. Evander Kane will be in this league for the next 16 years scoring 30 goals every year. BUT... nobody signs offer sheets!

If we offer $5,046,585 per year, I think Winnipeg will cave. They're trying to sign him for $3 or $4 million per year. This way Kane goes to a winning team, earns more money, and Winnipeg gets something for him...1st, 2nd, and a 3rd.

http://www.winnipegs...g-cash-for-kane

Even without Kane, the Jets will have a payroll over $50 million. I doubt they match $5 million. signing that kind of deal would put them very close to a $60 million budget. Their entire revenue for 2011 was $71 million! They also lost $5 million last year! TRUST ME! KANE IS OURS IF WE WANT HIM! http://www.forbes.co.../winnipeg-jets/

They. Won't. Let. Their. Best. Young. Forward. Go.

Edit: Grammar. Posted Image

Edited by Shaman464, 07 July 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#46 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

They. Won't. Let. There. Best. Young. Forward. Go.

Trying to make a point while using the wrong their? Priceless.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Don't forget, the guy killed Matt Cooke.

That should make every team want him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#48 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Trying to make a point while using the wrong their? Priceless.

Touche grammar Nazi. My point is that the Jets will not part with Kane via offersheet, hes worth more to them than 4 low first round picks. If they part with him it will be for a roster player plus prospect and picks. This is too much of a sellers market for them to lose him cheaply.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#49 MrBest7

MrBest7

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I love the fact that Winnipeg lost $5.4 million last year with $43 million dollar payroll. This new year they only have 19 players signed with a current payroll of $49.3 million. BUT THEY CAN SIGN EVANDER KANE!!!! Yeah right...

They must have U.S. government politicians running the finance department. They're going to be losing at least $10 million if they sign Kane to a $4 million per year contract. The Jets are on an unsustainable position. Winnipeg would be wise to take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks.

Edited by MrBest7, 07 July 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#50 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

What if we make 'em think we want Kane but then we steal Wheeler. The ol' bait and switch. Didn't see that one coming, eh, Winnipeg?

Edited by Dabura, 07 July 2012 - 08:34 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#51 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

I love the fact that Winnipeg lost $5.4 million last year with $43 million dollar payroll. This new year they only have 19 players signed with a current payroll of $49.3 million. BUT THEY CAN SIGN EVANDER KANE!!!! Yeah right...

Well, if the salary cap is $70.2 million for 2012-13, that makes the salary cap floor $54.2 million. Winnipeg has to spend money. And even if they didn't, they could do better than the compensation of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for their young star forward.

If it proves true that Evander Kane doesn't want to commit to Winnipeg, things will get interesting with respect to trade partners, but they will have no shortage of interested GMs calling. I don't think there is any way that Winnipeg loses him to an offer sheet.

#52 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

Testing...1...2 ok. So if you can see this i didnt get my posting rights revoked for my j.willy bump thread...
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#53 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

The guy has one repeat ONE thirty-goal season. Does this justify a huge offer sheet and the loss of a bunch of draft picks in the first three rounds?

Who's he play on a line with? He's worth the draft picks being our first rd picks are at the back of the pack and we seem to strike gold in rds 3,4,5 so yes he's worth it. Kane has never played wth the talent the wings have.

#54 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

Who's he play on a line with? He's worth the draft picks being our first rd picks are at the back of the pack and we seem to strike gold in rds 3,4,5 so yes he's worth it. Kane has never played wth the talent the wings have.

Success with one team does not necessarily indicate success with all teams; and as someone here noted, it's not uncommon for players to move to a better team and see their production decrease rather than increase. And I'll repeat that he has had ONE 30-goal season. That does not justify serving him a massive offer sheet and losing a bunch of draft picks.

#55 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

Exactly, Resetti.

#56 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

Exactly, Resetti.

Exactly why are you on here? Are you on some personal mission to damage morale on a Red Wings message board? That seems like a waste of time.

#57 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

Exactly why are you on here? Are you on some personal mission to damage morale on a Red Wings message board? That seems like a waste of time.

Hey now - destroying morale here is my job!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#58 MrBest7

MrBest7

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

Well, if the salary cap is $70.2 million for 2012-13, that makes the salary cap floor $54.2 million. Winnipeg has to spend money. And even if they didn't, they could do better than the compensation of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for their young star forward.

But if you listen to some of the other knuckleheads on this forum, nobody else offers a sheet. So... maybe the Red Wings could shock the world and offer Evander to a long-term contract worth $5.05 million each year.

If Winnipeg matches... Wheeler is available next year... and the Jets will be in worse financial shape to sign Wheeler. Do you see what I mean...? Even with a cap... Winnipeg has a hard time competing over time. The franchise only made $71 million last season, which is barely above the current cap. Keep in mind, this was the first year when all the fans were going nuts about the team moving back. Apparel was flying off the shelves. What happens when the fans start becoming complacent?

#59 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Success with one team does not necessarily indicate success with all teams; and as someone here noted, it's not uncommon for players to move to a better team and see their production decrease rather than increase. And I'll repeat that he has had ONE 30-goal season. That does not justify serving him a massive offer sheet and losing a bunch of draft picks.

#60 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

You haven't watched evader Kane play much huh? You act like he was lucky tp score 30 goals in a season. He has size what we need. He has a heavy shot. He is physical and he has speed. Something the wings lack. What does our team lack in? We lack a wing that can finish. To say he only had one good season and that he may not do it here is a reach. Like I stated he has never played on a line with skill like the wings have.