• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Sign Jurcina or Vandermeer and call it a day

Rate this topic

I wouldnt mind taking a flyer on barker as he is still only 26. The other player I wouldn't mind, and maybe prefer to Barker (if we're going with the yonger type UFA d-man) is Marc-Andre Gragnani. His AHL numbers are awesome and he has barely had a shake in the NHL yet.

I wouldnt mind taking a flyer on barker as he is still only 26. The other player I wouldn't mind, and maybe prefer to Barker (if we're going with the yonger type UFA d-man) is Marc-Andre Gragnani. His AHL numbers are awesome and he has barely had a shake in the NHL yet.

Yeah that's a good point. Just looked at the kid and he seems to be a pretty solid d-man that just needs a chance. I would be willing to give him or Barker a shot, but we're more likely to go with a veteran at this point. Maybe we'll go for 2 and trade Kindl in a package for a forward or something... We'll see.

Well Gragnani is off the market... Carolina just signed him to a 1 year 2 way.... Cam Barker it is!

Well Gragnani is off the market... Carolina just signed him to a 1 year 2 way.... Cam Barker it is!

If we're gonna go reclamation project, who still has upside and age on their side, might as well give Matt Gilroy a shot... I'd actually prefer him over Barker, RH shot too...

MASSIVE NO! to Cam Barker ... this guy does not take his trade of being a professional hockey player nearly serious enough to be a Red Wing. He peaked at 21 and is just going through the motions right now. I'm not going to throw the kid under the bus and say anything that can hurt his repuation but I will say he is not a student of the game and his dedication to the sport off the ice are nowhere near what Id expect out of a Red Wing. end/

MASSIVE NO! to Cam Barker ... this guy does not take his trade of being a professional hockey player nearly serious enough to be a Red Wing. He peaked at 21 and is just going through the motions right now. I'm not going to throw the kid under the bus and say anything that can hurt his repuation but I will say he is not a student of the game and his dedication to the sport off the ice are nowhere near what Id expect out of a Red Wing. end/

I wouldn't hate it if we signed Barker as the 7th dman and let him compete in camp for the 6 spot, but for all the reasons you stated, he isn't my first choice... the more I think about Gilroy, the more I like that idea if we're going to go the reclamation route... I still think a steady, stay at home guy (preferably with some snarl) like Vandermeer would be ideal, but there's quite a few options I wouldn't be opposed to...