• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

An outside the box idea.

Rate this topic

I was just looking at some prospects on other teams for defensemen. Phoenix has two guys that have really good ratings. I have to admit I have never watched them play but if Holland is having difficulty landing a good Dman maybe we should try and trade for one these guys. If our D isn't going to be that great anyways maybe we could at least build for the future on the fly by trading some prospect forwards.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/phoenix_coyotes/

Brandon Gormley

David Rundblad

Has anyone heard of these guys?

I'm excited to see what Smith can do so I figured maybe we should try a youth movement.

http://www.hockeysfu...hoenix_coyotes/

Brandon Gormley

David Rundblad

Has anyone heard of these guys?

are you joking? Gormley was consensus top-3 in 2011 draft while they got Rundblad from Ottawa for Turris. These are two defs with outstanding potential, especially, Gormley. It would take Fil+ to get Gormley or Jarkrock to get Rundblad (I think they would do it straight up).

Edited by RusDRW

Gormley is loved by coyotes fans but they were apparently disappointed in rundblads transition to the na game. Id say rundblad is a raw karlssom who has serious questions in his own end. Gormley is like a yandle pretty much imo. I think we could have rundblad for immediate help up front. Id honestly move franzen straight for rundblad considering we get a lot younger on d and franzen wont hold value much longer.

are you joking? Gormley was consensus top-3 in 2011 draft while they got Rundblad from Ottawa for Turris. These are two defs with outstanding potential, especially, Gormley. It would take Fil+ to get Gormley or Jarkrock to get Rundblad (I think they would do it straight up).

I haven't been able to keep up with other teams prospects. I have a hard enough time keeping up with our prospects:)

If we were to flip someone like Jarnkrok or Tatar for one of those guys I say do it. Filppula is a bit much for a prospect in my opinion. Maybe Nyquist for Gormley if either of the other two wouldn't work.

Rundblad is just freaking awful... If they get him we would be in serious trouble.

The boy can't play defense to save his life...

Thats a bit of an unfair assesment. He Had 50 pts in 55 games in SEL and had 3pts in 6 games for phx. He makes up for defensive lapses with his pure offensive talent. This guy is the closest we may ever get to erik karlsson. Gormley is worth too much and he is the reason they can move yandle if they want.

Thats a bit of an unfair assesment. He Had 50 pts in 55 games in SEL and had 3pts in 6 games for phx. He makes up for defensive lapses with his pure offensive talent. This guy is the closest we may ever get to erik karlsson. Gormley is worth too much and he is the reason they can move yandle if they want.

I've seen this guy play A LOT in both the SEL and the world juniors and yes he does put up some points but he is completely worthless in his own zone and he falters under pressure, whenever someone forechecks hard on him he coughs up pucks left, right and center.

Having him on our team would give me a heart attack :blushing:

Trust me his upside is not even close to good enough to make him a viable option for us, I even have doubt that he will ever be a solid NHLplayer, he seems cut out for the big european ice.

Rundblad is just freaking awful... If they get him we would be in serious trouble.

The boy can't play defense to save his life...

Ah, no. This kid entered the NHL last season as a 20 yr old, and got thrown onto the Senators lineup... he warmed the bench mostly instead of actually playing minutes in the AHL where he would have adapted to NA rinks. Then they traded him to Phoenix. I think this kid would do well in a more robust development system like what the Wings have.

Ah, no. This kid entered the NHL last season as a 20 yr old, and got thrown onto the Senators lineup... he warmed the bench mostly instead of actually playing minutes in the AHL where he would have adapted to NA rinks. Then they traded him to Phoenix. I think this kid would do well in a more robust development system like what the Wings have.

How much have you actually seen him play tho? I agree he didn't get much of a chance i Ottawa but that is also for a reason, the kid CAN'T play defense... he is a complete disaster in the defensive zone, among the worst I've ever seen actually.

How much have you actually seen him play tho? I agree he didn't get much of a chance i Ottawa but that is also for a reason, the kid CAN'T play defense... he is a complete disaster in the defensive zone, among the worst I've ever seen actually.

No I didn't, because he played a whole 2 games in Phoenix before they sent him down :lol: He's an unknown...if we got him for a minimum amount of talent, he might be worth developing for a full season (or even two) in GR.

Yet the Wings still see something in Kindl...

Excellent note! Thank you! I'm serioues as it seems nobody sees it. Bottom 6 at best. We should have traded him last deadline for some help up front.

Guest mjtm77

Nope

Excellent note! Thank you! I'm serioues as it seems nobody sees it. Bottom 6 at best. We should have traded him last deadline for some help up front.

It sounds like no one wanted him. They all had eyes on Smith.

Kindl could maybe have been a spare part thrown on top of an already good deal.

Guest Crymson

Yet the Wings still see something in Kindl...

Kindl is not a standout defensive liability. He's not great at defense, but he rarely makes awful mistakes.

Exactly whom amongst the very small number of sellers would have desired Kindl?

Guest Heaten

I don't remember Kindl being that bad. I remember him being solid in his sheltered minutes, but really stepped up when Red Wings had a string of injuries on D. In fact, I thought Kindl looked brilliant when he was used on the top 4.

Maybe I see things differently?

Guest The Axe

Im big on Kindl too, Heaten. Hes big and can skate. He needs more nasty, but hes got a good toolset.

I don't remember Kindl being that bad. I remember him being solid in his sheltered minutes, but really stepped up when Red Wings had a string of injuries on D. In fact, I thought Kindl looked brilliant when he was used on the top 4.

Im big on Kindl too, Heaten. Hes big and can skate. He needs more nasty, but hes got a good toolset.

Honestly I hope you guys are right, but that's not what I remember. To me as the Wings highest draft pick in years, he's been mostly a disappointment. At 25 years old, I'm having a hard time keeping hope he'll improve to anything but a 6/7 guy.

He did have a decent stretch where they gave him more minutes (and I was hoping he was trade bait), but then went back to being afraid to go into corners. He constantly loses puck battles there and is not nearly physical enough in spite of being 6'3" and 210 lbs. Quincey is a little smaller but looks like Pronger out there compared to Kindl. And there's a reason Kindl didn't get a sniff of the ice during the postseason.

I will say that he does a good job of getting his shot through from the point. It's not as heavy as Ericsson's but E takes so long to wind up it doesn't matter because it'll get blocked.

Guest Crymson

I've never been impressed by him. He's good at passing, has good hands, and has a fair shot, but he's does not use his size, he's not especially adept on defense, and he plays without confidence. He has the tools to be an excellent defenseman; but there have been many talented hockey players who have, for one reason or another, failed to succeed in the NHL.

E takes so long to wind up it doesn't matter because it'll get blocked.

I don't think this is the case. I think he has a good shot but just lacks the confidence or the good positioning that he requires in order to use it on a regular basis. See

or
for examples. These were both in his early days in the NHL. He used his shot far more back then.

Like I've always told you about Ericsson, the reason I'm so hard on him is that I believe he has every single tool he needs to be a premiere defenseman. His shot is one of those tools.

Edited by Crymson

Hfboards provided this:

Michael Del Zotto might be a doable option. If we can agree to terms ahead of time with MDZ I think we could trade Franzen and Kindl or a pick for him if he signs long term with us. Would be a good young dman that fills a need and would for sure be a top 4 for many years. 6 foot 22 years old LH shot. Doesn't fit in as well as a RH dman.

This is the second option: Franzen for McIlrath + 2nd. This kid is huge 6foot 5 and 212lbs. RH shot. 20 yrs old. Could be ready in a year or even this year.

Ideas?

There are lots of options out there. More than we even know. I am not sure Holland will ever move Franzen. He chose to sign him over Hossa and it just seems that if he got rid of him, it would be like admitting a mistake...I wish he'd move Franzen, but....sigh....

Del Zotto would be good and so would McIlrath...I wanted Holland to draft McIlrath but the Rangers swooped him up before he got to Holland...I don't think Holland would've drafted him, but ya, I would love Dylan in a Wings uniform...definitely a youth movement. Same went for Joe Morrow a few years ago, but Pitt took him a couple of picks ahead of Detroit too...