• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DesertWing

Wings hire Lidstrom as overseas amateur scout

Rate this topic

I disagree.

Kopitar is tough all on his own. It's not like he's going to be out there fighting guys (though he did fight Burrows this year when Burrows went after him) but I think he'd play that way on any team. He plays like Z if Z were Franzen's size.

I'm not talking about fighting. I'm talking about playing gritty and battling for pucks in corners. I think it's easier to do that when your teammates play a similar style, especially on the bottom lines. They set the tone for the game and you follow their example.

Our 4th line last year was a joke and didn't set the tempo for any kind of physical or gritty style. Hence, I don't think Kopitar would play like he did in LA for our team.

It's too bad the position of #1 defenseman isn't a work-from-home type job. He could live there and play here.

His offensive talents were greatly needed. I never thought I'd wish he was more of a stay-at-home defenseman.

Sounds like a "charity job" like they seem to be giving out upon retirement recently. I love Lids as much as anyone but really how much scouting is he really going to do. He was smart on the ice but does he have an eye for young talent? I would much rather have seem him in some sort of coaching role.

Guest The Axe

Id rather he play the last month and playoffs of every season for 5 more years.

Sounds like a "charity job" like they seem to be giving out upon retirement recently. I love Lids as much as anyone but really how much scouting is he really going to do. He was smart on the ice but does he have an eye for young talent? I would much rather have seem him in some sort of coaching role.

Not easy to coach from Sweden.

Guest irishock

OMG, NHL.COM headline reads "Back in the fold" with a picture of Lids; I thought for SURE he was returning as a player on a 1 year deal.... only to read "...as a scout"

My heart literally skipped a beat when I thought he was going to return since our D is screwed in the ass.

I love that he is staying with us as a scout. Bring some talent that can replace him and others for years to come.

I love the comment that someone made on TSN...Lidstrom will most likely only provide good scouting reports for dmen. All the forwards scouting reports will be "not that great, seems like he'd be easy to shut down". I lol'd.

Being an NHL scout entails attending a LOT of games all over Europe (in this case). In other words, almost as much travel and time away from family as during the acitve playing carreer. I wonder if Lidstrom will be wiliing to do that for very long. Unless he just does it in a kind of part-time semi-retired way.

Being an NHL scout entails attending a LOT of games all over Europe (in this case). In other words, almost as much travel and time away from family as during the acitve playing carreer. I wonder if Lidstrom will be wiliing to do that for very long. Unless he just does it in a kind of part-time semi-retired way.

I heard he is mostly going to be a "liaison" for the players to the organization. At least that's what his main job will be.