nicklas lidstrom

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 steveyzermanfan19

steveyzermanfan19

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

So NHL.com website has a banner that says "lidstrom is joining the wings next season,...as a scout'

So I get worked up about how dare they mess with my ability to read full sentences.

I want Nick back so bad.

#42 CheliFan89

CheliFan89

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

when i read that i got all excited then kept reading, for a second, i was happy. so cruel..

#43 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

It's too bad the position of #1 defenseman isn't a work-from-home type job. He could live there and play here.

Unfortunately that day is not here just yet....

Posted Image

#44 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

As much as we need him, it's best that he stays retired. I don't know if I could see him retire twice.

#45 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

I love that he is staying with us as a scout. Bring some talent that can replace him and others for years to come.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

I love that he is staying with us as a scout. Bring some talent that can replace him and others for years to come.

I love the comment that someone made on TSN...Lidstrom will most likely only provide good scouting reports for dmen. All the forwards scouting reports will be "not that great, seems like he'd be easy to shut down". I lol'd.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#47 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

I don't want "sweeds" either. I just want players who can play regardless of where they are from.

#48 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Being an NHL scout entails attending a LOT of games all over Europe (in this case). In other words, almost as much travel and time away from family as during the acitve playing carreer. I wonder if Lidstrom will be wiliing to do that for very long. Unless he just does it in a kind of part-time semi-retired way.

#49 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Being an NHL scout entails attending a LOT of games all over Europe (in this case). In other words, almost as much travel and time away from family as during the acitve playing carreer. I wonder if Lidstrom will be wiliing to do that for very long. Unless he just does it in a kind of part-time semi-retired way.

I heard he is mostly going to be a "liaison" for the players to the organization. At least that's what his main job will be.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg