Photo
- - - - -

A General question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

one question as a Limey;

is it a trait that American kids can only take the piss out of poster's who post something constructive or different

as they have a lack of doing anything to actually add to a debate?

It just amazes me that some poster's spend alot of time and energy to add to a thread and others see fit to insult

the poster by just putting snydy comments or thinking its big to try and belittle their opinions.

This isnt about any threads i have been involved in, as im to long in the tooth to worry about such childish antics

but others may be put off from ever posting or partalking in any debates again. The Redwings have a following

all over the world and in my view such behaviour doesnt do us any good. I would suggest that it also doesnt put

the US in a good light with other nations, petty and minor as it may seem to some but from a seed and so forth!

It would benefit everyone to listen to differing opinions as after all, this is a forum and that is what i thought forums

were all about.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#2 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

it's not an american trait, it's an internet trait. It's a global community now.
I am an australian living in canada so I am not an american, but I have an opinion which i try to convey, but sometimes get heated if you look at my post history.

If you don't like having someone abuse you then internet forums are certainly not the place. For everything that someone likes there is someone that actively hates it and aren't afraid of sharing that opinion on the internet.

Also Chat Roulette was designed to be a way for people to meet other people around the world face to face using their webcams, but it didn't take long for people to realise that it was also an opportunity to show their penises to the world also.

Just because something is supposed to work one way doesn't mean that is how it winds up being used in practice.

I would think that people in England are just as bad on Forums as they are in the States so you should direct your disgust against the world as a whole. I bet there ar eplenty of Football forums in the UK that are filled with obscenity and abuse, in fact I guarantee it.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

LOL at the chat roulette thing, I tried it once and saw a penis once out of every three tries. Literally.

I can pretty much reflect what metalkorn here said, it's more an internet thing. It's easy to be a tough guy to someone you will never see face to face in your life, and that's why people become so over-opinionated. Fact is, in America, England, Australia, Canada, wherever in the world, there's dickheads everywhere. The good news is the posters that embrace these traits normally don't stick around for very long. I've noticed that we do get some "troublemakers" around here every so often, they piss everyone off for a few weeks and then we never see them again.

If I have a conflicting opinion, I try to remain as civil and respectful as I can, but there's some that like to get into heated debates. I just try to blow off the rude and smart assed comments and stick to reading replies from members that I know aren't going to be jerks even if they disagree with you.

So to sum it up, any forum you visit will have instances like this because that's how the internet works and people are dumb. If it gets exceedingly irritating or you find someone is just attacking you for no reason i'd bring up any issues to the forum moderators.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

What the heck is a limey

#5 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

What the heck is a limey

:lol:

You Limey Bastard! That's really the only context I know it from, but i'm not entirely sure of the definition. It's some kind of british insult I think.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#6 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

FYI. Limey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users