• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SaCkaveli20

UFC 148: Caught in a Spider's web

Rate this topic

http://ca.sports.yah...lenge-left.html

silva1jpg071418.jpg

Sonnen took Silva down just four seconds into the fight and Silva never left his back. Silva defended himself much better than he did in their first fight, when he came out of the round in bad shape.

The second round turned, though, after Sonnen failed on a spinning back fist, a high-risk, high-reward maneuver. He tripped over Silva's leg and, for all intents and purposes, the fight was over. Silva pounced, ripped Sonnen with punches and a perfectly placed knee to the chest, and stopped him at 1:55 of the second.

I was so glad Silva won. Been a fan of his for as long as I can remember. Finally shut that loud mouth up for good, and what better way for all of this to happen than for Sonnen to look like a complete idiot after that failed backfist and turtle in front of everyone.

It definitely was an awesome fight. I was nervous in the 1st round after Chael took him down right away. lol

It definitely was an awesome fight. I was nervous in the 1st round after Chael took him down right away. lol

Same. Chael laid down the blueprint for beating Silva but his problem is the big mistakes he makes. For as much as he talks though, I do respect him in the sense that he doesn't ***** and moan after a loss unlike Tito (who I can't stand, glad he lost too).

Also, I did watch an interview with Sonnen and he mentioned he wants to move up in weight and possibly fight Jones if he gets the chance to. I think that could be something to look forward to in the future.

I am excited for the upcoming matches though. 149 looks lackluster but after that there's a string of good matches including Cerrone, Edgar, Jones, Henderson, Shields, etc. The fight I look forward to the most is Penn vs MacDonald in September. I think MacDonald's going to be the next big thing after watching him dominate/manhandle Che Mills, and Penn is a legend himself, so it should be good. It's probably the fight I'm most excited about since this recent Silva/Sonnen II.

Edited by dropkickshanahans