• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

Sorry if there is another thread for this. Please merge if there is. Tomorrow Shane Doan is expected to decide whether to stay in Phoenix or shop around for teams. I believe that with reports that Holland has had talks with Doans agent and that we have heard very little about the Wings and Semin, Doan is what the wings are really going after for a back up to parise. Lets face it, Doan is the kind of player the Wings go for. Experienced, wants to win at all costs, plays all areas of the ice and has leadership and a great attitude. He may not score as much as Semin but he would give the wings so much more. I hope news breaks tomorrow about Doan being a wing.

Nothing against Doan as a hockey player but I've never liked him. His comments after PHO lost this year really cemented, in my mind, my dislike for the guy. That being said, he is definitely the type of player the Wings need. I think he would thrive here so if the Wings sign him I'd actually be pretty happy.

Doan for 3 years please....not just a one year chance at a Cup....he'll want to go where he can win a Cup, but he will need a year just to get into our system 100%. Three years $5.5M please! Still leaves plenty of cap room...we need to get these types of UFA's in here, because they attract others...If Doan comes here, has a great time and gets into playoffs, guarantee he is respected enough among the players that UFA's next July will be calling him asking about his experience and if Detroit is the place to be...I don't think Semin would have the same affect, lets say, on Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf or even Shea Weber as Shane Doan would...just my $.02 worth....

Well, his agent has contacted 12 teams including the Wings, so I believe he is trying to drive his value up for negotiations with Phx. His offensive production has been dropping over the last 5 years, and he projects to be a 3rd line winger based upon production, age, and skill set. Do the Wings need another 3rd line winger? The answer is no. And to leftwinger, 3 years at 5.5 million is a joke, that would make him paid in the same ball park of Zetterberg, and hes no Zetterberg.

Well, his agent has contacted 12 teams including the Wings, so I believe he is trying to drive his value up for negotiations with Phx. His offensive production has been dropping over the last 5 years, and he projects to be a 3rd line winger based upon production, age, and skill set. Do the Wings need another 3rd line winger? The answer is no. And to leftwinger, 3 years at 5.5 million is a joke, that would make him paid in the same ball park of Zetterberg, and hes no Zetterberg.

No he is not a Zetterberg...he is though a whole different Dimension to this team...he would be the power forward we have missed since Shanny left. He would NOT be on the 3rd line. He would get at least 2ns line minutes, if not play on Pav's wing.

The joke is, standing pat and giving Tatar and Andersson playing time....that is the joke. Tatar and Andersson should be moved in a package deal for Ryan or Yandle or Nash... Detroit does not rebuild, they reload. It's been their winning model since the 90's. A steady influx of UFA vets and bringing kids up...Nyquist and Smith are the kids this year, Doan SHOULD be the UFA. He is here for 2-3 years, Holland goes hard after Perry or Getzlaf and Weber next off season, and then implements Plans b,c,d,e,f-Zz.

You will never see this team with all 30 and under players on it...there will always be 2 or 3 players over 35. Holland needs to trade for Ryan, sign Doan, sign Kubina, re-sign Abby and then Q if the awarded contract is feasible.

Doan would bring an intangible that is worth gold. He is older and desperately wants to win a Cup. This is EXACTLY what the Wings need. Remember Dallas Drake. He was the spark plug. I want Doan on this team at almost any cost. The one element that the Wings are missing is the passion and will to want a Cup. Doan brings these.

PLEASE sign Doan...

Guest mjtm77

since we can point out negatives with pretty much any player why dont we stand put, not aquire anyone and then miss the playoffs

Doan would bring an intangible that is worth gold. He is older and desperately wants to win a Cup. This is EXACTLY what the Wings need. Remember Dallas Drake. He was the spark plug. I want Doan on this team at almost any cost. The one element that the Wings are missing is the passion and will to want a Cup. Doan brings these.

PLEASE sign Doan...

Drake didn't make 5 million a season.

Drake didn't make 5 million a season.

Does it really matter? This team HAS to spend money just to hit the cap floor. Giving Doan over $5 mil/year would not hurt Detroit's chances at acquiring what they need on D or what may be needed next year. Plus, they can always shed salary via a trade. Unfortunately, this offseason you have to overpay to have a shot at anyone.

Does it really matter? This team HAS to spend money just to hit the cap floor. Giving Doan over $5 mil/year would not hurt Detroit's chances at acquiring what they need on D or what may be needed next year. Plus, they can always shed salary via a trade. Unfortunately, this offseason you have to overpay to have a shot at anyone.

If you pay someone more than they are worth other players will want more than they are worth. Overpaying is at epidemic levels in the NHL. Paying Doan 2 million more than he's worth is not going to solve anything.

Guest The Axe

I think dats and z's contracts might have kept kenny at bay with parise and suter. That didnt turn out so good.

If Doan leaves his Yotes, it will be for a team that he thinks can win him a cup in the next two-three years. Do you honestly believe that from an outsiders point of view that Detroit looks that good compared to other teams that he could sign with?

I don't think we'll get Doan because I don't think we look like a team that's Cup-bound at this moment, but I'd love to have him. He'd be a great addition and we can certainly afford him right now.

Guest mjtm77

If Doan leaves his Yotes, it will be for a team that he thinks can win him a cup in the next two-three years. Do you honestly believe that from an outsiders point of view that Detroit looks that good compared to other teams that he could sign with?

But the wings are a lock to win the cup every year...........

I would like to sign Doan. Have always hated him as a competitor because he's so tough to play against. He'd be a great addition, but I would be surprised if he left Phoenix. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Also, tomorrow is the earliest we'll find out about whether he will choose to become a free agent, so I'm not so sure we'll hear anything tomorrow.

Yes, because Doan makes them much better up front...

Honestly, it's either Doan or Semin, not both. If Holland signs Doan, then dumps Mursak and Emmerton, when he re-signs Abdelkader there are still 15 forwards. Meaning one of Miller or Eaves are the odd man out. Not unless Holland plans a trade of someone, like Cleary. I'd prefer Doan over Semin because he could help keep the flies off Datsyuk while he is out there, but then again, then potential chemistry with Dats/Semin is intriguing... The only scenario that Holland gets BOTH Doan and Semin causes a lot of current Red Wings a job. You have to figure Sammy and Tootoo are here to stay. The extras are Emmy, Mursak, Miller & Eaves followed by Cleary. Maybe Holland will work on a package trade for a top defenseman, as long as it doesn't include Smith.

So if Holland gets Doan, who goes? If Holland gets both Doan/Semin who goes? I'd hate to lose our good bottom 6'ers, but Doan and Semin on this team makes it far better than what it would be without them...Does Nyquist have any free passes left to be sent down? Not that I want him to be, but if he does then that would be one way of clearing a spot....this is the tough part of being a GM, Miller/Eaves/Emmy/Mursak and given a ton to this team, but when players like this are available, and you have a chance to get them, you take it...the best thing Holland can do is, trade those guys to teams that can give them playing time...you won't get much for players that teams know you have to get rid of, but a pick is better than nothing...or risk putting them on waivers, which can be an advantage if they clear then they will still be in your organization...but Holland likes to take care of his players and will try to find homes for these guys...

Yes, because Doan makes them much better up front...

Honestly, it's either Doan or Semin, not both. If Holland signs Doan, then dumps Mursak and Emmerton, when he re-signs Abdelkader there are still 15 forwards. Meaning one of Miller or Eaves are the odd man out. Not unless Holland plans a trade of someone, like Cleary. I'd prefer Doan over Semin because he could help keep the flies off Datsyuk while he is out there, but then again, then potential chemistry with Dats/Semin is intriguing... The only scenario that Holland gets BOTH Doan and Semin causes a lot of current Red Wings a job. You have to figure Sammy and Tootoo are here to stay. The extras are Emmy, Mursak, Miller & Eaves followed by Cleary. Maybe Holland will work on a package trade for a top defenseman, as long as it doesn't include Smith.

So if Holland gets Doan, who goes? If Holland gets both Doan/Semin who goes? I'd hate to lose our good bottom 6'ers, but Doan and Semin on this team makes it far better than what it would be without them...Does Nyquist have any free passes left to be sent down? Not that I want him to be, but if he does then that would be one way of clearing a spot....this is the tough part of being a GM, Miller/Eaves/Emmy/Mursak and given a ton to this team, but when players like this are available, and you have a chance to get them, you take it...the best thing Holland can do is, trade those guys to teams that can give them playing time...you won't get much for players that teams know you have to get rid of, but a pick is better than nothing...or risk putting them on waivers, which can be an advantage if they clear then they will still be in your organization...but Holland likes to take care of his players and will try to find homes for these guys...

I do agree that he would make the Wings a lot better.

If Ken Holland signs either Doan or Semin that has to mean that we are going to see some people leave via trade. Cleary, Emmy, Mursack, and Eaves could be on their way out and maybe even Abby as well.

If you pay someone more than they are worth other players will want more than they are worth. Overpaying is at epidemic levels in the NHL. Paying Doan 2 million more than he's worth is not going to solve anything.

My point is that the Wings will have to overpay for someone of Doan's caliber. It's just a fact of how things are in the league now. You think Ericsson's contract won't drive up the price of our D-men when they become FAs? In my opinion, it would help this team to have Doan for a few years, overpayment or not.