• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

I understand you want Defense first, they will probably sign Kubina and Quiney and call it a day... but we are very weak up front as a whole...especially on the goal scoring side of it...

And signing a 35 year old to a 3 year contract will solve that? Shouldn't we be thinking of long term?

I still would love Ryan here and then extend his contract when possible...if we got Ryan (or Nash for that matter) I would be fine with Doan for 2 years...but I still think it will be $5M+

BTW, does anyone remember if Detroit and Columbus were in the same "conference" in the proposed re-alignment? It not, then CMH would be a little more apt to trade with Detroit...

Guest blueadams

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,033,295; BONUSES: $462,500

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $8,166,705

Not even close... haven't you heard, Ryan is the bestest player ever!

Real talk: Ducks have said they won't trade Ryan unless they're offered something that blows them away. Won't happen. Ryan isn't worth much more than Fil/Franzen + a prospect/pick. Someone else said it somewhere, Ryan doesn't do much other than score, but he's not criticized for it because he's north-american.

he is a decent hitter too

2 charges on a powerplay

2 good hits... And who cares if they are on the pp or not? Those were even strength.

want more?

Ryan can be a bit of a bulldozer when he wants to, im not calling him a fantastic hitter by any means but he is better than a lot of guys on our team in that department and would add that element to the team.

ilppula can self-defend but i think he goes to make a big hit about once a season. Edited by jollymania

So was there any news about Doan today? I thought it was his supposed "deadline" to decide if he would look elsewhere or not?

Today was his self-imposed deadline to see how the ownership situation in Phoenix looked going forward. I believe he and his agent will begin fielding offers tomorrow.

Most likely destination seems to be San Jose and that he'll be ready to sign by tomorrow. http://blogs.denverp...t-sharks/11076/

Great signing for the Sharks as they need a guy who will actually provide the RIGHT leadership. God knows they aren't getting it from Big Joe.

Looks like he's heading from the desert to the Silicon Valley! Have fun Doan!

Edited by ShanahanMan

As much as I like the idea of Doan, I understand the hesitation by some. I however do believe our top six has potential to be better this year than last year. I think we need to focus on D. The price has to be right for Yandle, I would be really surprised if we landed him.

Since we didn't get the Olson Twins(yes I stole that), I've calmed a bit on our team. At this moment, I'd call the forwards a push to slightly better than last year and our defense obviously is not going to be up to snuff. Hopefully Smith will come in and be a stud right away, at least that's my hope right now. Who knows, maybe Kindle and Quincy will improve. I guess what I'm saying is that we could be just fine this year, and we are definitely a playoff team.

Doan in San Jose would be a great fit, and it would make San Jose dangerous again. A player like Doan isn't valued in goals (although he can score them), it's in his leadership and the way he plays. A lot like Yzerman, he gives 100% and inspires others on his team to perhaps play above their talent level. That's why I wanted him on this team. He opens up a lot of opportunities for others to score with his style of play, as well.

Sigh. I know Brunner could turn out great, but we've been burned too many times by overseas signings and prospects. I don't like the entire season hinging on unknown commodities (Nyquist, Brunner, Smith), even though they could very well be great.

I heard earlier they didn't turn in the list of signatures yesterday, which is what I believe they were waiting on. However, I also read that the 1 month deadline from when the claim was filed (or something like that) that it took an additional week for the paperwork to be available, which means they may have a few extra days to turn in the petition. What I'm trying to say is, there might be a week or so before he makes the decision to leave or not.

Most likely destination seems to be San Jose and that he'll be ready to sign by tomorrow. http://blogs.denverp...t-sharks/11076/

Great signing for the Sharks as they need a guy who will actually provide the RIGHT leadership. God knows they aren't getting it from Big Joe.

Looks like he's heading from the desert to the Silicon Valley! Have fun Doan!

Uh....Doan has said he is interested in many teams....this is no more truth than any other report...he'll pick one place and the rest will be wrong, but until he signs, I am not speculating that any team has an advantage...

I heard earlier they didn't turn in the list of signatures yesterday, which is what I believe they were waiting on. However, I also read that the 1 month deadline from when the claim was filed (or something like that) that it took an additional week for the paperwork to be available, which means they may have a few extra days to turn in the petition. What I'm trying to say is, there might be a week or so before he makes the decision to leave or not.

Oh geezus! Holland if this is going to drag out, make a trade, make Detroit look that much better of a place to play! Make the Ryan or Nash trade, make the Yandle or Bogosian* trade...

*not that there is a Bogosian rumor but he would be an awesome pick up!

Twitter starting to make some noise.

Darren Pang just tweeted that LA has made the first offer for Doan, and the ticket just reported that there is strong mutual interest between Doan and SJ.