• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

well i know were not supposed to make personal attacks anymore lol, but ur quite the stickler aye?

Haha, sorry, the lack of quality posts/rational posts on here have me in a VERY literal sense on this board lately... I'm fed up with people being ungrateful turds towards the best GM in professional sports, just because the last year + hasn't gone as well as his previous 15...

Haha, sorry, the lack of quality posts/rational posts on here have me in a VERY literal sense on this board lately... I'm fed up with people being ungrateful turds towards the best GM in professional sports, just because the last year + hasn't gone as well as his previous 15...

ohhhhhhhh don't worry I'm 110% with you on that one lol

Fox Sports Arizona via twitter: Shane Doan’s agent said if they don’t have an answer by July 16th (regarding Phoenix situation), they may get serious with regards to other offers.

Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.. But in good news, the wings are believed to be among leaders for doan (if he leaves Phoenix) along with the Hawks and Nucks..

Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: The Maple Leafs are one of a dozen teams that are have made calls on Shane Doan. The Blackhawks, Red Wings and Canucks are thought to be the leaders. Others to have made a pitch are: Blues, Canadiens, Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Kings.

I'm not the biggest fan of doan so I really wouldn't mind if he signed elsewhere but te wings could really use a player like him IMO

Honestly sick of all the specualtion with these trade rumors.

Wings are mentioned as leaders in every players alleged wish list but it doesnt mean a damn thing.

I have enjoyed all the hours of threads however!

Pass my days a lot quicker having new chapters each day and my this 'doan' thread jas most of my attention lately.

Yeah I just don't get it. Throw a bunch of money at Semin, I don't care if it's $8M, just to do it for a one year gig, there's no risk and it's better than letting the money just SIT THERE.

I prefer Doan, but this I do agree with! Throw a 1 year $ton Million and see if he gels with Dats....

Fox Sports Arizona via twitter: Shane Doan's agent said if they don't have an answer by July 16th (regarding Phoenix situation), they may get serious with regards to other offers.

Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.. But in good news, the wings are believed to be among leaders for doan (if he leaves Phoenix) along with the Hawks and Nucks..

Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: The Maple Leafs are one of a dozen teams that are have made calls on Shane Doan. The Blackhawks, Red Wings and Canucks are thought to be the leaders. Others to have made a pitch are: Blues, Canadiens, Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Kings.

I'm not the biggest fan of doan so I really wouldn't mind if he signed elsewhere but te wings could really use a player like him IMO

Realistic (negative) Prediction: Holland blows off Semin, who signs for less money and term than most expect elsewhere. Doan gets to July 16th (or later) and chooses either Pheonix or one of the California teams to stay close to family. Holland trades away too much for Nash or Ryan, or does nothing. Signs Lilja on defense. Holland says "we tried, but we like our team and didn't need to do more than tweak". Wings again put too many miles on Datsyuk and Zetterberg, while most others continue to be passengers. Defense is atrocious and the offensive production decreases. Improved goaltending backup in Gustavsson essentially wins games that Conklin otherwise lost last season, offsetting most of the lost points in the standing. Wings finish 6th, are out in the first round.

Too negative?

Yeah I just don't get it. Throw a bunch of money at Semin, I don't care if it's $8M, just to do it for a one year gig, there's no risk and it's better than letting the money just SIT THERE.

I prefer Doan, but this I do agree with! Throw a 1 year $ton Million and see if he gels with Dats....

Exactly. I don't get it. Not only hesitation on Holland's part, but published disinterest. I love Doan, and I'd love him even more with the Wings, but he isn't going to produce like Semin, and aren't we tired of putting all our eggs in one basket? Are we STILL so sure we're the top choice in all players' minds?

Realistic (negative) Prediction: Holland blows off Semin, who signs for less money and term than most expect elsewhere. Doan gets to July 16th (or later) and chooses either Pheonix or one of the California teams to stay close to family. Holland trades away too much for Nash or Ryan, or does nothing. Signs Lilja on defense. Holland says "we tried, but we like our team and didn't need to do more than tweak". Wings again put too many miles on Datsyuk and Zetterberg, while most others continue to be passengers. Defense is atrocious and the offensive production decreases. Improved goaltending backup in Gustavsson essentially wins games that Conklin otherwise lost last season, offsetting most of the lost points in the standing. Wings finish 6th, are out in the first round.

Too negative?

You forgot the trade deadline.

"We like our team. Because of parity, every team in the playoffs has the same probability of winning it all. Just look at the Kings last year. I think there's also a feeling that we're an underdog; no one seems to be picking us to get past the second round, if that. I think that has us extra-motivated to go the distance."

(Out in the first round, in six games.)

Edited by Dabura

I don't think Doan has enough left in the tank. I would pass.

Doan is younger than Drake was when he came back in 2008 and laid himself on the line for a cup. Plus, Doan is a much bigger, grittier, and more skilled player than Drake ever was. Doan had 5 goals and 4 assists during this year's playoffs. That's a quarter of his regular season production in the playoffs. Not too shabby for a guy with no gas in the tank.

Wherever he lands, Shane Doan will kill or be killed for a Stanley Cup.

Doan is younger than Drake was when he came back in 2008 and laid himself on the line for a cup. Plus, Doan is a much bigger, grittier, and more skilled player than Drake ever was. Doan had 5 goals and 4 assists during this year's playoffs. That's a quarter of his regular season production in the playoffs. Not too shabby for a guy with no gas in the tank.

Wherever he lands, Shane Doan will kill or be killed for a Stanley Cup.

Agreed. Simply put - Doan is a difference maker while Semin and Nash are not. The kind of fire he has will rub off.

Edited by kook_10

Agreed. Simply put - Doan is a difference maker while Semin and Nash are not. The kind of fire he has will rub off.

Well I never said that Nash and Semin aren't difference makers, anybody that talented and with a history of high level offensive production is a difference maker. I was just responding to the guy who said Doan didn't have any gas left in the tank. At this point I'd be thrilled with any of the three, but I think that Semin will be the easiest (and surest) move given that I don't want to pin my hopes on Doan leaving the only team he's ever known, or on trades that are likely to be matched by other teams.

In the end I just want us to acquire at least one top line forward in free agency, because I've thought we lacked top six depth for the last three years. Then if you swap top six guys in a trade (e.g. Nash for Franzen (plus package) you're still up one with the FA signing.

Doan's got energy, attitude, and leadership....but Semin is veryyyy underrated defensively and Nash has the ability to put entire games on his back

Just depends on what kind of difference maker your looking for i guess

Fox Sports Arizona via twitter: Shane Doan's agent said if they don't have an answer by July 16th (regarding Phoenix situation), they may get serious with regards to other offers.

All reports say he wants to play for a contender and Detroit isn't one with their current defense.

Doan will be good in any team. There are not many like him, who are wiling to work the way he does. Doans agent contacted Wings seeking and offer. Therefore this one is up to Kenny to bring to Detroit.

Doan's got energy, attitude, and leadership....but Semin is veryyyy underrated defensively and Nash has the ability to put entire games on his back

Just depends on what kind of difference maker your looking for i guess

I mean a difference maker who steps up for big games and motivates his teammates through leadership. Semin and Nash are great players, but I don't think they would have any multiplier effect on the team. We have a fair bit of latent ability on the team, and pulling that out is almost more important than scoring goals in a vacuum.

[aside] Z can put entire games on his back too, but having to do so has been part of the problem the last few years.

Edited by kook_10

Too negative?

It's negative, but it's what we are all used to...difference is, this year he has $16M in Cap Space...he can spend it, but for some reason hasn't....He needs to s*** or get off, because if he waits and waits, then he is gonna miss out on everyone...

Doan now says he is gonna wait until the 16th? Come on! Talk about s*** or get off the pot! Holland, just offer Semin the money he would like for one year...continue to explore the trades and then when Doan decides to take off his training wheels see what he wants to do...This waiting for these UFA's is getting frickin stupid! I know its just a ploy by agents to get the best deals, but this is getting ridiculous...I guess we are all being held hostage this year, but I just wish Holland would just move forward with this team. If both Semin and Doan want to hem and haw then screw em! Go all Lewis and Clark on their ass and go forward with exploring the trade routes...

I know Holland is "Holland" and will wait until October...and then he will say something like you decribed, we are all used to it...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Doan's agent contacted the Wings and some other teams. The main reason for this could be for creating a bidding war to drive Doan's price up. Kenny will make an offer when Doan is actually serious about other teams. Right now it looks like he is waiting for Phoenix to pull a rabbit out if its hat so he can stay where he is.

As mush as I would like Doan here, Holland needs to move forward...not unless he is putting all his eggs in Doans basket...

I'd love to be wrong, but it seems that is exactly what it is. Just like he should have been spending time between wooing Suter to extend an offer to Garrison, since we needed two top-4 defensemen anyways. Instead, we missed out on everyone. And now, we'll see Semin go somewhere while we wait for Doan to decide he is confident enough to re-sign with Phoenix. You'd think we had $5 mil to the cap and had to choose one or the other... and had only to choose and get the player, because EVERYONE'S first choice is Detroit...

It's negative, but it's what we are all used to...difference is, this year he has $16M in Cap Space...he can spend it, but for some reason hasn't....He needs to s*** or get off, because if he waits and waits, then he is gonna miss out on everyone...

Doan now says he is gonna wait until the 16th? Come on! Talk about s*** or get off the pot! Holland, just offer Semin the money he would like for one year...continue to explore the trades and then when Doan decides to take off his training wheels see what he wants to do...This waiting for these UFA's is getting frickin stupid!

I realize everyone wants something to happen, but let's stop bashing the players, shall we? Parise and Suter took a whopping two days to decide. Doan is considering leaving the team he's been with his whole career and is obviously attached to. If Listrom (before retiring) was considering leaving the Wings through free agency, do you think he'd decide in a matter of days?

The truth is, the off-season lasts all summer. It's not a trade deadline. It's an ongoing process, and I don't begrudge Doan waiting two weeks to make a decision. We've got months to go still.

I realize everyone wants something to happen, but let's stop bashing the players, shall we? Parise and Suter took a whopping two days to decide. Doan is considering leaving the team he's been with his whole career and is obviously attached to. If Listrom (before retiring) was considering leaving the Wings through free agency, do you think he'd decide in a matter of days?

The truth is, the off-season lasts all summer. It's not a trade deadline. It's an ongoing process, and I don't begrudge Doan waiting two weeks to make a decision. We've got months to go still.

Yes, but TWO deadlines now....first he will decide on the 9th and start considering offers on the 10th....now he is waiting until the 16th....then what? Geez! Go ahead, take your time....summer is almost over anyhow...