• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

All reports say he wants to play for a contender and Detroit isn't one with their current defense.

Now, I truly realize that people want to write off Pittsburghs series vs Philly as a fluke, but at the end of the day it wasn't. The Flyers were an average team, and theyf****** lit Pittsburgh up for 6 games. Yes, they have Letang and that's wonderful and everything but after that? Martin? Yeah, the guy they would've dealt to the Islanders for Garth Snow's loafers if they could've signed Suter. Michalek? Nope, traded back to Phoenix. Brooksie? He can't skate, and is less of an offensive threat then Ericsson. I get that they have Crosby, Malkin and Neal, but there defense is nothing to write home about. If Doan is looking for a "contender" then sign in LA then. Because Vancouver can get bent, The Sedins, Burrows and Kesler are disgraces to the game. Diving is disgusting, I'm glad the Wings lack in guys that do that s***. Do they have a star studded defense? Uh, no. Garrison? Hey the guy had a big year, don't get me wrong, but he's no #1. Bieksa and Hamhuis are a great pairing, but not a true 1-2 matchup. Edler is good, but no better then Kronwall.

I'm the absolute farthest thing from a homer, but christ boys and girls. The Wings are not the worst thing known to the earth like some make us out to be. (Not directed to the poster in question, but an observation) Cool, we didn't get Suter and Parise because they wanted to play together in some no talent market. Who cares? There not ours so move on, Doan is a viable option and the Wings would be the one team who could seriously use his attributes to get to the next step. We've been missing the crazy, do anything to win spirit for years. Doan brings that, and leadership, and goal scoring and so many other things. He's the perfect fit. Discount the Wings all you want, I've wanted more grit for years, I've wanted a more aggressive approach to the offseason, and we got that. We can't control that Parise and Suter don't want to win Stanley Cups, nothing we can do. All we can do, is watch a "written off" team possibly sign one of the more feared power forwards in the game, STILL compete for the Stanley Cup, and take a huge run at the true FA gems that can turn this team into the media darling it once was to get the fan boys (media, talking heads, morons etc.) back on board. Yes, I'm talking about Weber and Getzlaf/Perry wearing the Winged Wheel next offseason.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I really believe that its not just Holland holding out on Semin in favor of Doan.

Babcock was very critical of the roster he was given this past season for not fitting his style of play. I'd be willing to wager its him who is adamant that they don't sign Semin and is leading the charge for Doan.

Yes, but TWO deadlines now....first he will decide on the 9th and start considering offers on the 10th....now he is waiting until the 16th....then what? Geez! Go ahead, take your time....summer is almost over anyhow...

He started fielding offers on the 10th, and he said he'd decide by the 16th? 6 days to decide your future sounds reasonable to me.

I really believe that its not just Holland holding out on Semin in favor of Doan.

Babcock was very critical of the roster he was given this past season for not fitting his style of play. I'd be willing to wager its him who is adamant that they don't sign Semin and is leading the charge for Doan.

And yet when some of the posters here dare to criticize Ken,they are labeled as bad,ungrateful fans and armchair GM's :colgate:

His future like forever, or just a year or three?

esteef

It still counts as his "future." It determines if he ever wins a Cup, if he betrays his fanbase, and if he moves away from his family for a couple of years.

The fact is, the first deadline he set was for deciding whether or not he'd even field offers (waiting for the GM to explain what's going on in Phoenix and what the future is there). Then he takes a whopping six days to field offers (assuming he decides on the 16th). Not unreasonable.

From Kukla's Korner: http://www.kuklaskor...n_standing_pat/

Alexander Semin’s waiting for one thing: Shane Doan. Once Doan signs, so will Semin. For less. If you think it’s his attitude that has kept Ken Holland from signing him already, you’re wrong. The Wing Way can solve attitude issues and I believe Semin would take a one-year deal to prove the anti-Semintics wrong.

But not until the Doan decision is made.

And yes, the Wings could use Semin. Of course, he’d play with Datsyuk. Of course he’d help the power play. Absolutely, without question he’d immediately attain Enigma status and he’d be a major topic of discussion, right here, every day. Good or bad.

Yes, Ken Holland’s considering him. And this is a lie:

MLive

“I don’t think we need a whole bunch of guys,” Holland said at Wednesday’s Hockeytown Winter Classic press conference. “I think if we can get one more player, (we’ll be fine).”

Guest Johnz96

9.9% believe Doan will end up a Wing on the TSN poll on their hockey page

With Phoenix looking like its going to keep the Coyotes, how is this not a dead issue now? Doan only wanted to leave if it wasn't possible for the Coyotes to stay in Phoenix. It looks like they are, so I don't see him going anywhere now.

Edited by xtrememachine1

He started fielding offers on the 10th, and he said he'd decide by the 16th? 6 days to decide your future sounds reasonable to me.

The article I read states Doan will be waiting until the 16th to see if the ownership situation in Phoenix becomes clearer.

The two Glendale men trying to petition against the purchase agreement have until the 16th to collect signatures, that date was originally the 9th but was given an extension because of a paperwork delay - hence the setback in Doan's timeline.

From what I understand, he'll start fielding offers after the 16th.

Assuming Shane Doan is the reason for Detroit's inactivity, at what point do you cut your losses and move on? If, for example, they are interested in Semin, when do you begin considering him as your best option? Especially if Doan has no timetable for a decision - do you move forward or risk losing out on other free agent forwards in hopes of getting your man?

When it got to be July 9th and the Doan rumors picked up, I was opposed to it, but with so many other options apparently off the table, we might as well. He'll turn 36 when the season starts, but he could bring an edge to this team (kind of like a poor man's version of what Shanny did to the '97 team), and he's still been pretty productive.

If we do that signing, however, I would there there'd HAVE to be some type of trade, even if it's just clearing out some of the lesser forwards for depth defensemen.