• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

Well that's one way to see if he's gonna go for the money or a chance at a cup....yikes! No way a contender is offering that...unless it's Philly, I guess. :g:

That's why I was guessing Florida.

I'm pretty sure they need to get to the floor, they just lost Sammy, and they made the playoffs last season for the first time in 10 years. That salary still sounds ridiculous, but if they won a playoff series, it would almost be worth it financially.

Interesting story from "Broad Street Hockey" posted today. According to a radio reporter in Phoenix, an "east coast" team, likely Philly, has an offer for Doan 4 yr 30 mill. 7.5 mil yearly cap hit!!! Thats crazy!!Somebody is desperate or they really need to hit the cap floor. If this is true, and i have my doubts, forget about him going anywhere else.

If Shane Doan is worth $7.5m/year, Parise and Suter's agents should be fired, and they should tear up their contracts ASAP.

forget Parise and Suter don't you mean Crosby agent?

We need a forward and I am starting to get tired of this whole waiting game... I think Semin is the best option... Yes, Doan competes every shift, but hi/ age and possibly what he is asking, sign Semin

Patience is a virtue.

Also don't we have 16 forwards?

Crosby took a lot less then he's worth because he's a team player and leader.

I have to disagree, he's hardly a leader. I do not doubt his talent but he lets too much go to his head and is an attention *****. He was given the captaincy too early for the wrong reason, because the flashy face of the franchise (say that three times fast) would sell more T-shirts with the "C" on his sleeve.

We need a forward and I am starting to get tired of this whole waiting game... I think Semin is the best option... Yes, Doan competes every shift, but hi/ age and possibly what he is asking, sign Semin

Doan at age 60 would be 25 times more valuable to this team.

and then just after singing they trade him to Columbus to be a "center/winger/mentor/whatever" for Nash getting Johansen, Umberger and say Wizniewski back. That the way Philly is operating :)

Guest Johnz96

Crosby took a lot less then he's worth because he's a team player and leader.

Crosby is a terrible leader and a terrible team player,

The main reason the Pens allowed so many goals against the Flyers was because they didn't play a team game Crosby, was more focused on hating his opponents than leading his team. He is a negative influence on and off the ice

He really needs to grow up. I used to think he was just young and will grow up but he is getting worse

And he signed for a lot more than he is worth considering his concussion problems

Edited by Johnz96

And he signed for a lot more than he is worth considering his concussion problems

If a guy puts up 100-120pts every season, but has concussion problems, you take that chance. He played 22 games and still put up 37 pts.

Crosby is Malkin's ***** now. Geno will most likely receive the the most money yet on his new contract. He's heading back to Moscow to train with Mike Kadar (pens sports conditioner) who trained him last season for the first time, the training was really something else the videos are around somewhere...How awesome would it be for Malkin to leave the Pens?

Back on topic to Doan, money doesnt matter to a guy like Doan imo. If he leaves the Yotes its to win, will the cash maybe weigh in a little, perhaps but something tells me Shane is NOT thinking that he wants to be a Wing. I do think Burke should go hard after him though, land Doan and get a good year from Reimer or scrivens and the Leafs just made the PLayoffs.

Well todays' the 16th so hopefully we get some more news from Doaner. Anyways, the Jets were the team that offered him 7.5m and his agent said they are still keeping that in the back of their brain housing group. He is currently in talks with the Yotes to sign a 4-yr extension though, so he will most likely be re-signing with them if they can atleast showcase their franchise isn't a complete gonger.