• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsDad

Is today the day we find out where Doan is going to sign?

No, after Doan set the July 16th deadline, his agent later said there is *no* time line set for a decision.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I never really thought Doan was leaving Phoenix. Did anyone really?

Seriously, why are we even waiting? He obviously wants to stay in Phoenix, and has little desire to play somewhere else. He's just waiting to find out what is going to happen to the team. So until that is situated we won't know jack shizer.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Seriously, why are we even waiting? He obviously wants to stay in Phoenix, and has little desire to play somewhere else. He's just waiting to find out what is going to happen to the team. So until that is situated we won't know jack shizer.

Kenny should sign Jack Shizer to a contract. He just might be the #1 dman we need to replace Lidstrom with.

So, So, So, SO tired of this bulls***! Just f**king stay in Loserville, Arizona...where they'll pay you $3M to re-sign because they cannot afford a higher payroll. I wouldn't doubt if Bettman told all upper level UFA's to avoid Detroit or they will be fined or contracts null and voided...what Bettman really wanted with parity was keep Detroit away from the Cup...he already changes rules to give Detroit the disadvantage...Probably told the Olsen Twins to stay away too...

Guest Johnz96

I don't see why we're waiting for Doan, if we are. He won't cost that much. Let's make some moves and just leave some cap room. The more players we get the more attractive we are.

If we sign Semin, Quincey, and Abdelkader we may not have enough cap space to re-sign Fil and Howie never mind being more attractive for others to sign here

Does this change anything with Doan?

http://espn.go.com/n...otes-referendum

"GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Glendale City Clerk's Office has rejected petitions that sought to put a referendum on the November ballot about the Phoenix Coyotes' pending arena management deal."

Ya, it prolly means he is gonna wait until training camp, re-sign then when November comes and they dont get what they want from the voters, he will then ask to be traded or just put everyone through all this again next July...

Guest Johnz96

...The Jet's would be cool too.

The Nucks will have the cap space when they get rid of Luongo, they are a much more likely destination than the Leafs or the Jets

So, according to the DETNEWS article today that the bidding for Doan is starting at $7.5M, if so, take a long walk off a short pier!

This is the problem I don't get...owners want to cap the spending, yet pay outrageous amounts of salary just to outbid someone else! Shane Doan is NOT worth $7.5M....If he get that offer and takes it, then he is all about the money...unless a contender offers it to him, and I hope its not Holland....Make the trade for Nash or Ryan, they are at least YEARS younger and will be worth the money long term...No more than $5.5M for Doan...anything else would be asinine!

Edited by LeftWinger

So, according to the DETNEWS article today that the bidding for Doan is starting at $7.5M, if so, take a long walk off a short pier!

This is the problem I don't get...owners want to cap the spending, yet pay outrageous amounts of salary just to outbid someone else! Shane Doan is NOT worth $7.5M....If he get that offer and takes it, then he is all about the money...unless a contender offers it to him, and I hope its not Holland....Make the trade for Nash or Ryan, they are at least YEARS younger and will be worth the money long term...No more than $5.5M for Doan...anything else would be asinine!

Now if I remember right Doan didn't want to go out east but

so maybe that's why he declined that offer.

Per spectors

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Krupa is referring to a rumor an Eastern Conference club made that offer, though there’s been nothing over the last several days to suggest that offer was a valid one.n

Doan is not a 7mil/year guy unless the team is built to win the Cup that year and has all the key elements in place. Adding Doan at any price would make sense. Otherwise let him go elsewhere.