• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

Pause and wait, hold your breath for Parise and Suter signing... Pause and wait... Wait... Wait... Hold your breath for Doan signing... Wait wait wait... Pause and wait... Hold your breath for Semin to sign...

Can't remember the actors or etc, but this should be the sequel to Waiting to Exhale movie not staring those actors.

Edited by Rivalred

I have very little optimism Doan is coming to Detroit -- never really did for a number of reasons. Semin is going to jump on the biggest offer he gets once Doan signs and it's pretty tough to believe that will come from the Red Wings either.

The Red Wings will probably add a depth d-man, Holland will kick the tires on trades and nothing will come from it and the roster we have now will be the same on October 12th. For once, the Red Wings need to hope the cap comes down.

Doan loves the Phoenix area and wants to stay there, I'm becoming more convinced daily, that if that's not an option due to ownership, that he will sign with SJ or LA, if for no other reason, than the fact that it's not that far from where he will most certainly be keeping his off season home... I think he's going to end up in LA personally, just my gut feeling

Edited by stevkrause

He only visited NY and Philly because he was in the area for CBA negotiations. If the CBA was being negotiated in Detroit, he would have visted us. But I guess it's Kenny's fault for not trading Michigan for Manhatten.

He only visited NY and Philly because he was in the area for CBA negotiations. If the CBA was being negotiated in Detroit, he would have visted us. But I guess it's Kenny's fault for not trading Michigan for Manhatten.

I'm sure that was the case with the CBA negotiations and that the media are hyping it up on where he's visiting etc etc. However I don't see Doan visiting us (Detroit) CBA or not. Oh well...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Red Wings GM Ken Holland said he hopes to meet with free agent Shane Doan in person now that the forward is visiting with teams, according to mlive.com. Doan met with the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers over the weekend. Doan's agenttold the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the players will visit a couple more teams and the Penguins are likely one of them.

for all the negative nancys

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Doan loves the Phoenix area and wants to stay there, I'm becoming more convinced daily, that if that's not an option due to ownership, that he will sign with SJ or LA, if for no other reason, than the fact that it's not that far from where he will most certainly be keeping his off season home... I think he's going to end up in LA personally, just my gut feeling

I've heard the same thing, Doan doesn't want to be to far away from his family. However, some people here, if Doan doesn't sign with the Wings, will think Holland has lost it, and Detroit isn't a place where people want to play :lol:

Personally I'm not interested in Doan at all. He's only got a few years left and only had 50 pts last year. He hasn't had a season over 60 pts since 2008-09, and he's played on a good team. We already have a player with a few years left in Bertuzzi, why would we want another one?

Wings.done.....this is our roster

"I like our team,I'm content with the roster..."and within the next 48h Ken tried to get Nash and Weber.

He's disappointed as you and me,but doesn't want to show it in media.

I agree. D town doesn't appeal to free agents like it use too. Every free agent we have our eye on we gotta compete against other teams with the same dollars. Is it our euro factor or the age of our team?

That's why there are more chances to get Semin than any canadian.

"I like our team,I'm content with the roster..."and within the next 48h Ken tried to get Nash and Weber.

He's disappointed as you and me,but doesn't want to show it in media.

...and just like you and me AND the media, he is thinking why doesn't anyone want to be here? Because Holland lowballs...In this market, if you want to big names, you have to overpay, outbid, and offer REAL helluva offers for star players... I am glad he has tried, but if he didn't try as hard as everyone else, then he didn't really try, did he? His model remains the same...Euro, Euro, N/A, Euro. Then bring in or back OLD Euro. Sammy is an upgrade as a whole over Hudler, Brunner we don't know, Tootoo, baffles me wy he came here, he probably thought 99.9% that his buddy Suter was coming here, just like the rest of the world, just like Suter did, until his wife ruled otherwise and Holland offered him less money than Minny...Holland can still redeem himself by acquiring Ryan...which would help bigtime in getting Perry or Getzlaf next year. (but I doubt he gets any of them.) I still belive by time training camp hits, Lilja will be a Wing again...

I fully, FULLY expect Hudler to be back in 4 years...this is Holland's model. He refuses to change with the times...

I agree. D town doesn't appeal to free agents like it use too. Every free agent we have our eye on we gotta compete against other teams with the same dollars. Is it our euro factor or the age of our team?

It has nothing to do with D town being less desirable of a location... I highly doubt the Euro-factor or the overall team age (which is lower than it has been in a while and actually younger than Pittsburgh).

The fact of the matter is, there is much more parity in the league now, and you can't count any team out. This past Stanley Cup is evidence of that. An 8 and a 6 seed... enough said.

Doan =/= Bertuzzi

We need someone like Doan.

lol Doan is equal to or equal to Bert? :tounge:

Does anyone know what other teams he plans on meeting with yet? I know he said he is going to meet with more GMs, but has it been said that Detroit is for sure one of them, or is it just assumed? I know I read Kenny wants to meet with him.

Feelings Doan signs with the Rangers? Do they have the space considering they just acquired Nash?

Doan and Nash on the same line...

The Rangers still have $13.3 mil to spend.

Feelings Doan signs with the Rangers? Do they have the space considering they just acquired Nash?

Doan and Nash on the same line...

They actually moved out slightly MORE salary in the trade. They have the space to sign Doan, even after resigning Del Zotto and Stralman. I would put my money on the Rangers way ahead of the Wings at this point. But hey, "Dream until the dream is gone (along with other viable options)" has been the motto this off-season :)