• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

they can't be stupid about this because they need to re-sign MDZ and Stralman this offseason and then re-sign Stepan, McD, Sauer and Hagelin the next offseason. Stepan and McD will get big money deals and with the possibility of the Cap going down in the the new CBA they shouldn't risk spending to the cap this offseason after re-signing their boys and considering the cost of re-signing the guys next offseason.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Yea, then philly will make the deal for Ryan. Holland will say, he wasnt really interested in Ryan and Lilja knows the system.....

Kronwall-White

Smith-Quincey

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Coming to a rink near you.

Am I the only one who just doesn't give a s*** anymore? FA this year has been interminable! Pick a freakin' team and be done with it.

I'm feeling the same way.

I don't like Doan much after last years playoffs, but I know he's a talented player, competes hard, and would bring a physical edge to the Wings. He'd make the team better for sure. But as a 35 year old forward, he wouldn't really be a major, lasting improvement to the Wings.

And because he's a 35 yr old, if he leaves Phoenix honestly I see him moving to some team that at least on paper looks to be a serious Cup contender for the next couple seasons. That isn't the Wings.

...and just like you and me AND the media, he is thinking why doesn't anyone want to be here? Because Holland lowballs...In this market, if you want to big names, you have to overpay, outbid, and offer REAL helluva offers for star players... I am glad he has tried, but if he didn't try as hard as everyone else, then he didn't really try, did he? His model remains the same...Euro, Euro, N/A, Euro. Then bring in or back OLD Euro. Sammy is an upgrade as a whole over Hudler, Brunner we don't know, Tootoo, baffles me wy he came here, he probably thought 99.9% that his buddy Suter was coming here, just like the rest of the world, just like Suter did, until his wife ruled otherwise and Holland offered him less money than Minny...Holland can still redeem himself by acquiring Ryan...which would help bigtime in getting Perry or Getzlaf next year. (but I doubt he gets any of them.) I still belive by time training camp hits, Lilja will be a Wing again...

I fully, FULLY expect Hudler to be back in 4 years...this is Holland's model. He refuses to change with the times...

Left winger you truly know your hockey son. I agree with you. Think Kenny will call larinov or federov.

He may as well since he's failed to land a stud free agent Canadian since he's been the gm.

Not sure what Kenny is to do to sway dude's to sign here. Should he try to lock up a couple at once? If it's a cup Doan want's say "look Shane, we want the cup back in hockeytown so we want you here to play with Zetterberg and Filppula, we're also bringing in Alexander Semin to play with Datsyuk and Mule (even in serious discussions Holland calls him Mule). What do ya say?" YES PLEASE!

Guest Hatethedrake!

If I'm Doan, I sign with the Rangers. Lundqvist, best young blueline in the league and a solid and deep group of forwards. Now they add Nash. Plus living in Manhattan. Not much travel. I'd be surprised if Doan doen't sign with the Rangers.

Left winger you truly know your hockey son. I agree with you. Think Kenny will call larinov or federov.

He may as well since he's failed to land a stud free agent Canadian since he's been the gm.

i hear ya...I am just so used to this crap...Kenny did land Hatcher and CuJo before, I know I have kneejerk reactions. I do trust Holland, but would like to see him get a top line UFA soon...

i hear ya...I am just so used to this crap...Kenny did land Hatcher and CuJo before, I know I have kneejerk reactions. I do trust Holland, but would like to see him get a top line UFA soon...

You are so used to the fact that Holland, as good as he is, cannot get every free agent we want for every season?

Well color me surprised.

Am I the only one who just doesn't give a s*** anymore? FA this year has been interminable! Pick a freakin' team and be done with it.

Seeing as how Doan supposedly wants a 4-year deal, I don't care where he ends up, as long as it isn't here.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Seeing as how Doan supposedly wants a 4-year deal, I don't care where he ends up, as long as it isn't here.

agreed. i don't even want him for 1 year. he's rumoured to be flying to Montreal to meet with the team. i hope he signs there cause much like him, the Habs i don't like.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I still think it's possible that when Kenny loses out on Doan that he will sign Semin. We all know that Doan isn't coming here. I don't know why Kenny is in denial. Doan's agent is merely using the Wings as a bargaining chip like he is with all the other teams. Make it sound as if Doan is interested in signing with all these teams to drive his price up. I believe Semin is waiting for Doan to sign so he can sign with the Wings.

I still think it's possible that when Kenny loses out on Doan that he will sign Semin. We all know that Doan isn't coming here. I don't know why Kenny is in denial. Doan's agent is merely using the Wings as a bargaining chip like he is with all the other teams. Make it sound as if Doan is interested in signing with all these teams to drive his price up. I believe Semin is waiting for Doan to sign so he can sign with the Wings.

I'm hoping Semin doesn't come here. Taking into account that he made $6.7 mil last year, I can't imagine he's gonna take much less than that. He's got talent, but he would be an extremely risky acquisition.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm hoping Semin doesn't come here. Taking into account that he made $6.7 mil last year, I can't imagine he's gonna take much less than that. He's got talent, but he would be an extremely risky acquisition.

I'd sign him for the 6.7 mil if it's for 1 year. The market is getting thin for scoring wingers. To get Ryan we would likely have to give up Flip, Nyquist and a 1st. No way Doan chooses the Wings over the Rangers IMO. So who's left? Once Semin is gone the market is dry. Our group of forwards is decent. But our blueline sucks. Does Kenny shoot his bullets for Yandle? Does he take JBO's inflated contract? Or does he sign Kubina for the 3rd pair?

12 mil is alot of cap space to leave on the table going into next season.