• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

If I'm Doan, I sign with the Rangers. Lundqvist, best young blueline in the league and a solid and deep group of forwards. Now they add Nash. Plus living in Manhattan. Not much travel. I'd be surprised if Doan doen't sign with the Rangers.

Currently, the Rangers are looking pretty dangerous and would be a great place to try to get a cup next year.

Not sure what Kenny is to do to sway dude's to sign here. Should he try to lock up a couple at once? If it's a cup Doan want's say "look Shane, we want the cup back in hockeytown so we want you here to play with Zetterberg and Filppula, we're also bringing in Alexander Semin to play with Datsyuk and Mule (even in serious discussions Holland calls him Mule). What do ya say?" YES PLEASE!

I hate Doan, he's a good player, but i can't stand him. In saying that, if we had that set up in the top 6 then our 3rd line could be Nyquist-Helm-Brunner and that would give me a huge boner. Just sayin'. 3 scoring lines and that would be the fastest line in the history of the NHL.

I'd sign him for the 6.7 mil if it's for 1 year. The market is getting thin for scoring wingers. To get Ryan we would likely have to give up Flip, Nyquist and a 1st. No way Doan chooses the Wings over the Rangers IMO. So who's left? Once Semin is gone the market is dry. Our group of forwards is decent. But our blueline sucks. Does Kenny shoot his bullets for Yandle? Does he take JBO's inflated contract? Or does he sign Kubina for the 3rd pair?

12 mil is alot of cap space to leave on the table going into next season.

Leaving that much cap space isn't a bad thing. It's been said numerous times, quoted numerous times that Holland is willing to wait until late into the season to find his man. He isn't going to overspend, we know this. Walking into next season with that much cap space can be deadly, but very good for us. Especially with the deep pool of FA in 2013. I'd swallow my pride for a season to cash out next year with the deep pool, no need to make stupid rushed decisions right now.

I hate Doan, he's a good player, but i can't stand him. In saying that, if we had that set up in the top 6 then our 3rd line could be Nyquist-Helm-Brunner and that would give me a huge boner. Just sayin'. 3 scoring lines and that would be the fastest line in the history of the NHL.

That would indeed be awesome! That is a hell of a tryout for line four, who comes out? Bert, Tootoo & Sammy?

Leaving that much cap space isn't a bad thing. It's been said numerous times, quoted numerous times that Holland is willing to wait until late into the season to find his man. He isn't going to overspend, we know this. Walking into next season with that much cap space can be deadly, but very good for us. Especially with the deep pool of FA in 2013. I'd swallow my pride for a season to cash out next year with the deep pool, no need to make stupid rushed decisions right now.

I get your logic. I've used it myself in the past. But realistically, waiting for the trade deadline is a disastrous policy. Nowadays the league is just too tight and by the trade deadeline only one or two teams are out of the race. There's very little chance someone you need is going to be tradeable. Then, even if they are tradeable, you have to put together a good package.

No, nowadays you have to build through the draft and free agency. If you miss out of the off-season signings, there is very little chance of the team making any improvements at the trade deadline.

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,858,712; BONUSES: $462,500

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $12,341,288

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,858,712; BONUSES: $462,500

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $12,341,288

Ugh why couldn't we have had all of this cap space when Hossa was a free agent.

Yep no defense for this, have at him. Doan should be something the Wings go after. Unless he gets more than 2 years, if so I'd understand. If he signs somewhere for 2 years though I'm not going to be happy.

No Doan. No Semin. No Nash. No Suter. No Parise. Probably no Ryan.

Hate to say it, but this team is one or two injuries away from that 21 year postseason streak ending

Unfortunately, that's about three or four injuries less than the Wings have averaged the last few seasons :P

Doan is going to command 5.5-6.5 million per year I think

From the prices I have seen, I'm thinking its going to be closer to the 6.5 million mark. I for one don't want Doan locked up until 38 at close to 7 million per. I think thats WAY to high of a price for a 50 points guy. Yes he brings some pretty good intangibles but to me it isn't worth it.

I know this is going to seem like a farfetched comparison but we pay Filppula under 4 million who just reached 60+ points and is younger by a good margin. Although Filppula does not have the grit and toughness intangibles that Doan has. I would have to say that his defense game and 2 way play is a pretty big intangible in its self.

Doan is not worth the money cause he isn't a one year contract. Next season we will need money to Sign a 1-2 D man, Resign Filppula, Smith, Nyquist, White, and Kindl. Then we also have probably one of the biggest raises of next season in Jimmy Howard. I understand everyone wanted to Spend big on players but besides Suter we need to allow our kids to come up and also pay the players that deserve it. Filppula, Howard, and hopefully Smith and Nyquist.