• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

Don't want at $7.5 mill/yr for 4 ... next please. Don't blame Holland one bit. If he offered $4.5-5 per, that's about what Doan is worth. Maybe because he saw Semin with $7mill for a year and thinks he can cash in. Ridiculous demand.

I thought it had gotten to the point where it cannot get even more preposterous. i was wrong, very wrong - Doan demanded 4-year/$30mil contract...

Well, if Doan is out...now what? We already know (even though it will be for the better of the team) that Holland WILL NOT acquire Bobby Ryan...he has to re-sign Abby and figure out who he is losing up front. Quincey was our big acquisition and even thought the off season started out nice with some role players, Holland has failed on all accounts to keep this team a legit contender...he refuses to outbid anyone or make the sacrifice's needed to better his team (Yandle.) The new Wings logo is "Wiz was right..."

I know these guys are getting overpaid, but sometimes you just have to do just that to win...

Edited by LeftWinger

Holland is going to have to find that forward or defenseman that is under the radar who will have a break out season next year and maybe make a trade for that player. This is the only sensible way to get a solid good player, free agency is stupid ridiculous.

Guest Crymson

Well, if Doan is out...now what? We already know (even though it will be for the better of the team) that Holland WILL NOT acquire Bobby Ryan...he has to re-sign Abby and figure out who he is losing up front. Quincey was our big acquisition and even thought the off season started out nice with some role players, Holland has failed on all accounts to keep this team a legit contender...he refuses to outbid anyone or make the sacrifice's needed to better his team (Yandle.) The new Wings logo is "Wiz was right..."

I know these guys are getting overpaid, but sometimes you just have to do just that to win...

$30m/4y for a player of Doan's caliber and age would be unforgivably stupid, regardless of the circumstances. I realize you want your toys now, but the future must be considered as well.

It should be noted yet again that Yandle would cost an arm and a leg. There is absolutely no assurance that he could be had for any reasonable price. As such, a trade for him could very well do more harm than good. It should also be noted that Yandle is no replacement for Lidstrom. He is excellent offensively but mediocre defensively. Coyotes fans will admit as much.

So a lazy,skinny boy Semin has guts to sign another 1y contract and yet big power forward Doan insists on 4y/7.5mil per at the age of 36 :lol:

what a circus...

Guts had nothing to do with Semin's decision. I get the feeling that he simply wasn't offered a multi-year deal at any substantial price by anyone. Rutherford openly said that he wouldn't have risked bringing in Semin on a long-term contract.

I'm glad we're not getting Doan. Great player but only helps the team for a few years.

He's also a power forward, and those do not age well.

Edited by Crymson

Guts had nothing to do with Semin's decision. I get the feeling that he simply wasn't offered a multi-year deal at any substantial price by anyone. Rutherford openly said that he wouldn't have risked bringing in Semin on a long-term contract.

He's been criticized by coaches,GM's,fans and media and still took short term contract in the NHL,rather than big $$$ in Russia.

Should give some credit to the bongo guy :lol:

Oh and I'm definitely looking forward to see the Canes game with Pierre or Crawford doing "between the benches" stuff,should be interesting :w00t2:

Edited by pucktividi

vladdy 100% agree with your post.. I remember the dead wings of the 70's, some fans just don''t know how good they have it.

My dad told me in the late 70's early 80's the Red Wings were called the Detroit Chicken Wings. Cause we were a bunch of *******. Maybe things haven't changed? :P

Nah like I said pipe dream for Doan.

Can Phoenix afford to sign him to a 4 year 30 million deal? If so HOW?

Anyone who gives Doan 30mil over 4 years is a moron. He's 37 years old and good for 50ish points right now. That deal's going to look Gomez bad in a few years.

The most I'd offer him is 5 mil a year for 3 years... and that's overpaying for the last year of the deal but worth it given the market right now.

7.5 million a year for a Doan from agest 37-41 is laughable.

$7.5 million for Doan is outrageous, and there's probably a GM out there who will give it to him.

And that's exactly what's wrong with the league today. It all started with the foolish bidding from Philly and NYR back when Gomez and Drury went to market.

Apperantly Doan is looking for a 4 year 30 million dollar type of deal. Sad ... even at age 35 he still thinking $$$ not cups. If I'm him I'd sign with a favor to win the cup for cheaper. I guess him leaving 'Yotes proves what type of player he is!

Does anyone here think he is worth 4 years and $30 million? I certainly don't. Especially with the CBA expiring.

I would if he wasn't over 35. He has a very big piece that not many can bring to teams, and that's heart. The man is a captain's captain. He knows how to motivate and ignite a team (cue the 1st round exit jokes). We'll find out what is his true motivation though. If he signs with a team big money style, we know he didn't care about a cup. If he takes a smaller contract inorder to go to a contender in hopes of finishing his career with a cup under his belt, we know he just wanted a cup win. He can bring a lot to the table, but unfortunately a multi-year year at that much for a player his age is just downright outrageous. I think this is all a big show in order to get him a big contract with Phx though.

Guest RedWingsDad

Apperantly Doan is looking for a 4 year 30 million dollar type of deal. Sad ... even at age 35 he still thinking $$$ not cups. If I'm him I'd sign with a favor to win the cup for cheaper. I guess him leaving 'Yotes proves what type of player he is!

A big assumption here. ^ It is quite possible that he wants big money ON a cup contending team. Also, let's say he signed with the Oiler's (not a cup contender) for a lot of money....there is nothing wrong with that; believe it or not, most hockey players are in it for the money in addition to the prestige - it's called a job. Good for Doan if he can get a team to pay him big. That being said, my bet would be that he ends up on a cup contender *and* gets paid well.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest Hatethedrake!

Doan is 35 not 37. He will likely sign with the Rangers. Why wouldn't he?

Anyone who gives Doan 30mil over 4 years is a moron. He's 37 years old and good for 50ish points right now. That deal's going to look Gomez bad in a few years.

The most I'd offer him is 5 mil a year for 3 years... and that's overpaying for the last year of the deal but worth it given the market right now.

And that's exactly what's wrong with the league today. It all started with the foolish bidding from Philly and NYR back when Gomez and Drury went to market.

His 35 bud but even so it depends on his proformance is he worth it for 4 years? i dont think so but to another team im sure he is and will benfit i think he will resign with phx though

Edited by sjr2012

Interesting.. Thought we were out on doan because price was too high or whatever but....

Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: The Red Wings are still waiting on Shane Doan. Wings GM Ken Holland has spoken with Doan and agent Terry Bross numerous times this month. The Wings won’t give Doan a deal where he becomes the highest paid player on the team.

Sounds unlikely that we sign him so if that's the case, why are we waiting on him?

Interesting.. Thought we were out on doan because price was too high or whatever but....

Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: The Red Wings are still waiting on Shane Doan. Wings GM Ken Holland has spoken with Doan and agent Terry Bross numerous times this month. The Wings won't give Doan a deal where he becomes the highest paid player on the team.

Sounds unlikely that we sign him so if that's the case, why are we waiting on him?

Because it's bad business to burn bridges, especially if there is still a chance to sign him. I am thinking those rumors last week about him wanting big money on any other team than Phx were overblown nonsense. I think his Agent might have even refuted that statement.

There are no other offensive player to be had in UFA now.... so of course we're waiting on him. We probably have an offer out to him, so that would be why we're waiting. It doesn't mean we're waiting on and not doing anything else.

Holland is working on the defense I'm sure. Either trade route (Yandle or Bouwmeester) or UFA (Colaiacovo, Vandermeer, Rozsival, Kubina, etc.)

Because it's bad business to burn bridges, especially if there is still a chance to sign him. I am thinking those rumors last week about him wanting big money on any other team than Phx were overblown nonsense. I think his Agent might have even refuted that statement.

There are no other offensive player to be had in UFA now.... so of course we're waiting on him. We probably have an offer out to him, so that would be why we're waiting. It doesn't mean we're waiting on and not doing anything else.

Holland is working on the defense I'm sure. Either trade route (Yandle or Bouwmeester) or UFA (Colaiacovo, Vandermeer, Rozsival, Kubina, etc.)

Yea that's a good point. I just thought I remembered reading someone say "wings are out on doan, price too high" but if we have an offer on the table then were not out until doan tells us we are..

Idk, I'm not the biggest doan fan so I won't be upset if he goes elsewhere but he would help this team so either way, I'm fine with it.

Agreed though, that Kenny is most definitely working on the d situation. Personally I'd love to see a trade for yandle and a signed kubina.. Pretty sure we'll at least sign one of the UFAs you listed later in the off season at a bargain for our bottom pair. If we don't trade for a d man now, I'd expect it at the deadline..

Only time will tell so we'll see. I'm still stoked for this season no matter what happens.

Guest RedWingsDad

Doan is 35 not 37. He will likely sign with the Rangers. Why wouldn't he?

I could name a few possible reasons...

- He doesn't want to move that far away from his home / farm / family in Phoenix.

- He doesn't want to change conferences.

- He doesn't want to live in New York.

_

Who knows if those are factors, but they could be for all we know.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest Hatethedrake!

I could name a few possible reasons...

- He doesn't want to move that far away from his home / farm / family in Phoenix.

- He doesn't want to change conferences.

- He doesn't want to live in New York.

_

Who knows if those are factors, but they could be for all we know.

Winning a Stanley Cup is a good reason but hey that's just me.