Guess Holland really wowed him.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#242 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

If Philly gets Weber and Doan then Pittsburgh will poop a brick.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#243 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Guess Holland really wowed him.

This sh*t is really starting to get old... I've held on to my patience but I'm getting ready to jump aboard the "Holland needs to sh*t or get off the pot" bandwagon. What good is it to bring up the young guys if the young guys are going to have confidence issues from dealing with stacked powerhouses?

We need to sign Ryan now and/or as bad as I hate to say it, offer Semin a worthwhile deal! (I don't really want to see Semin on a red jersey...I couldn't help myself)

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#244 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

I think maybe they should let Babcock hand out the money lol. Kenny is being too tight with his offers. It is not as easy to attract players here as it was a few years ago when the Wings were Cup favorites every year. Not that I want him to do something stupid but come on make a move to better this team already! I have a feeling Doan will not be a Wing.

#245 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Holland would be an ******* to sign Doan to some of the contract #'s that are rumored.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#246 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Holland would be an ******* to sign Doan to some of the contract #'s that are rumored.

Well, since he's apparently not willing to spend any more money, and we still have $16 million, we might as well just offer Doan $16 million for one year.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#247 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,106 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Franzen, Samuelsson, Brunner.

That's our top-6, give or take.

:plain:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#248 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Franzen, Samuelsson, Brunner.

That's our top-6, give or take.

:plain:

I think Cleary and Nyquist will be in the mix probably ahead of Sammy (hopefully Babcock won't use him on the point on the PP, I think we got 6 defensemen who could do a better job there)

#249 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Sounds painful...

On the bright side, would be nice to see Philly beat up on the East coast teams?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#250 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,130 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

If Philly gets Weber and Doan, they will have ALMOST replaced the nastiness that Pronger plays with. :P

#251 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

If Philly gets Weber and Doan, they will have ALMOST replaced the nastiness that Pronger plays with. :P

lol Pronger
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#252 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Doan is going to re-sign with the Coyotes. That much is pretty obvious. If he wanted to leave, he already would have.
Do or do not. There is no try

#253 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Pause and wait, hold your breath for Parise and Suter signing... Pause and wait... Wait... Wait... Hold your breath for Doan signing... Wait wait wait... Pause and wait... Hold your breath for Semin to sign...

Can't remember the actors or etc, but this should be the sequel to Waiting to Exhale movie not staring those actors.

Edited by Rivalred, 22 July 2012 - 05:13 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#254 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

I have very little optimism Doan is coming to Detroit -- never really did for a number of reasons. Semin is going to jump on the biggest offer he gets once Doan signs and it's pretty tough to believe that will come from the Red Wings either.

The Red Wings will probably add a depth d-man, Holland will kick the tires on trades and nothing will come from it and the roster we have now will be the same on October 12th. For once, the Red Wings need to hope the cap comes down.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#255 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Doan loves the Phoenix area and wants to stay there, I'm becoming more convinced daily, that if that's not an option due to ownership, that he will sign with SJ or LA, if for no other reason, than the fact that it's not that far from where he will most certainly be keeping his off season home... I think he's going to end up in LA personally, just my gut feeling

Edited by stevkrause, 22 July 2012 - 09:34 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#256 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

If Doan is visiting Philly, NYR and rumors are Pens are in the mix too still. Maybe he does go East IF he doesnt re-sign with the Yotes. Funny thing is I can see Doan in a lot of different jersey's MINUS Detroit's :P

#257 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

He only visited NY and Philly because he was in the area for CBA negotiations. If the CBA was being negotiated in Detroit, he would have visted us. But I guess it's Kenny's fault for not trading Michigan for Manhatten.

#258 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

He only visited NY and Philly because he was in the area for CBA negotiations. If the CBA was being negotiated in Detroit, he would have visted us. But I guess it's Kenny's fault for not trading Michigan for Manhatten.

I'm sure that was the case with the CBA negotiations and that the media are hyping it up on where he's visiting etc etc. However I don't see Doan visiting us (Detroit) CBA or not. Oh well...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 23 July 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#259 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

Red Wings GM Ken Holland said he hopes to meet with free agent Shane Doan in person now that the forward is visiting with teams, according to mlive.com. Doan met with the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers over the weekend. Doan's agenttold the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the players will visit a couple more teams and the Penguins are likely one of them.

for all the negative nancys

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 23 July 2012 - 11:12 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#260 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Doan loves the Phoenix area and wants to stay there, I'm becoming more convinced daily, that if that's not an option due to ownership, that he will sign with SJ or LA, if for no other reason, than the fact that it's not that far from where he will most certainly be keeping his off season home... I think he's going to end up in LA personally, just my gut feeling

I've heard the same thing, Doan doesn't want to be to far away from his family. However, some people here, if Doan doesn't sign with the Wings, will think Holland has lost it, and Detroit isn't a place where people want to play :lol:

Personally I'm not interested in Doan at all. He's only got a few years left and only had 50 pts last year. He hasn't had a season over 60 pts since 2008-09, and he's played on a good team. We already have a player with a few years left in Bertuzzi, why would we want another one?
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons