• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#281 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

What's the over under on FLYERS TRADE LILJA TO RED WINGS FOR 4TH ROUND PICK?
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#282 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

What's the over under on FLYERS TRADE LILJA TO RED WINGS FOR 4TH ROUND PICK?

Yea, then philly will make the deal for Ryan. Holland will say, he wasnt really interested in Ryan and Lilja knows the system.....

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#283 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Yea, then philly will make the deal for Ryan. Holland will say, he wasnt really interested in Ryan and Lilja knows the system.....

Kronwall-White
Smith-Quincey
Ericsson-Lilja
Kindl

Coming to a rink near you.

#284 chuckdee

chuckdee

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

C'mon Holland!

#285 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Am I the only one who just doesn't give a s*** anymore? FA this year has been interminable! Pick a freakin' team and be done with it.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#286 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Am I the only one who just doesn't give a s*** anymore? FA this year has been interminable! Pick a freakin' team and be done with it.

I'm feeling the same way.

I don't like Doan much after last years playoffs, but I know he's a talented player, competes hard, and would bring a physical edge to the Wings. He'd make the team better for sure. But as a 35 year old forward, he wouldn't really be a major, lasting improvement to the Wings.

And because he's a 35 yr old, if he leaves Phoenix honestly I see him moving to some team that at least on paper looks to be a serious Cup contender for the next couple seasons. That isn't the Wings.

#287 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

...and just like you and me AND the media, he is thinking why doesn't anyone want to be here? Because Holland lowballs...In this market, if you want to big names, you have to overpay, outbid, and offer REAL helluva offers for star players... I am glad he has tried, but if he didn't try as hard as everyone else, then he didn't really try, did he? His model remains the same...Euro, Euro, N/A, Euro. Then bring in or back OLD Euro. Sammy is an upgrade as a whole over Hudler, Brunner we don't know, Tootoo, baffles me wy he came here, he probably thought 99.9% that his buddy Suter was coming here, just like the rest of the world, just like Suter did, until his wife ruled otherwise and Holland offered him less money than Minny...Holland can still redeem himself by acquiring Ryan...which would help bigtime in getting Perry or Getzlaf next year. (but I doubt he gets any of them.) I still belive by time training camp hits, Lilja will be a Wing again...

I fully, FULLY expect Hudler to be back in 4 years...this is Holland's model. He refuses to change with the times...

Left winger you truly know your hockey son. I agree with you. Think Kenny will call larinov or federov.
He may as well since he's failed to land a stud free agent Canadian since he's been the gm.

#288 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Not sure what Kenny is to do to sway dude's to sign here. Should he try to lock up a couple at once? If it's a cup Doan want's say "look Shane, we want the cup back in hockeytown so we want you here to play with Zetterberg and Filppula, we're also bringing in Alexander Semin to play with Datsyuk and Mule (even in serious discussions Holland calls him Mule). What do ya say?" YES PLEASE!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#289 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

If I'm Doan, I sign with the Rangers. Lundqvist, best young blueline in the league and a solid and deep group of forwards. Now they add Nash. Plus living in Manhattan. Not much travel. I'd be surprised if Doan doen't sign with the Rangers.

#290 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Left winger you truly know your hockey son. I agree with you. Think Kenny will call larinov or federov.
He may as well since he's failed to land a stud free agent Canadian since he's been the gm.

i hear ya...I am just so used to this crap...Kenny did land Hatcher and CuJo before, I know I have kneejerk reactions. I do trust Holland, but would like to see him get a top line UFA soon...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#291 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

i hear ya...I am just so used to this crap...Kenny did land Hatcher and CuJo before, I know I have kneejerk reactions. I do trust Holland, but would like to see him get a top line UFA soon...

You are so used to the fact that Holland, as good as he is, cannot get every free agent we want for every season?

Well color me surprised.

Posted Image

#292 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Seeing as how Doan supposedly wants a 4-year deal, I don't care where he ends up, as long as it isn't here.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 24 July 2012 - 06:37 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#293 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

With the addition of Nash, the NYR look scary right now. Doan knows this.
And with the cap space left, i think the Rangers could offer him 1-yr contract in the 6-7 mill range for a cup run.

#294 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Seeing as how Doan supposedly wants a 4-year deal, I don't care where he ends up, as long as it isn't here.

agreed. i don't even want him for 1 year. he's rumoured to be flying to Montreal to meet with the team. i hope he signs there cause much like him, the Habs i don't like.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#295 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

agreed. i don't even want him for 1 year. he's rumoured to be flying to Montreal to meet with the team. i hope he signs there cause much like him, the Habs i don't like.

Let Montreal overpay him. He's not a bad player, but he's not 25 anymore. He's got about 2-3 years left in him.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#296 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I still think it's possible that when Kenny loses out on Doan that he will sign Semin. We all know that Doan isn't coming here. I don't know why Kenny is in denial. Doan's agent is merely using the Wings as a bargaining chip like he is with all the other teams. Make it sound as if Doan is interested in signing with all these teams to drive his price up. I believe Semin is waiting for Doan to sign so he can sign with the Wings.

#297 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

I still think it's possible that when Kenny loses out on Doan that he will sign Semin. We all know that Doan isn't coming here. I don't know why Kenny is in denial. Doan's agent is merely using the Wings as a bargaining chip like he is with all the other teams. Make it sound as if Doan is interested in signing with all these teams to drive his price up. I believe Semin is waiting for Doan to sign so he can sign with the Wings.

I'm hoping Semin doesn't come here. Taking into account that he made $6.7 mil last year, I can't imagine he's gonna take much less than that. He's got talent, but he would be an extremely risky acquisition.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#298 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'm hoping Semin doesn't come here. Taking into account that he made $6.7 mil last year, I can't imagine he's gonna take much less than that. He's got talent, but he would be an extremely risky acquisition.

I'd sign him for the 6.7 mil if it's for 1 year. The market is getting thin for scoring wingers. To get Ryan we would likely have to give up Flip, Nyquist and a 1st. No way Doan chooses the Wings over the Rangers IMO. So who's left? Once Semin is gone the market is dry. Our group of forwards is decent. But our blueline sucks. Does Kenny shoot his bullets for Yandle? Does he take JBO's inflated contract? Or does he sign Kubina for the 3rd pair?

12 mil is alot of cap space to leave on the table going into next season.

#299 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,072 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

The thought of us settling for Semin makes my soul go "mehhhhhhh."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#300 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Maybe a poll would be nice but I'll throw in a darkhorse team like Vancouver, they have money and Doan with the Sedins? Wow

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !